We travel through Lubbock a few times a year and we always stay at the same hotel. When we ran across these very positive reviews we thought we would give a new hotel a try. What a mistake.
Did the people who wrote the reviews even stay at this hotel? I had to check the name on the review against our receipt just to make sure.
The hotel is overgrown with weeds but the lobby looked clean enough. The hallways were in fact nice but the rooms were not. The carpet was dirty (not just stained but actually not vacuumed). When we made up the sofa bed there were shoes under te coffee table (not ours) and the sheets they gave us were stained all over. Our beds were no different:stains on the sheets-gross. The fire alarm was beeping in the next room and the guy said they were fixing it (still beeping this morning). The toilet ran all night and the heat smelled so bad we had to keep it off. This morning I decided to skip a shower after seeing the shower head was covered in grime and mildew. Overall, I can't imagine someone could call this hotel clean by any standards.
We will return to our usual hotel and never stray again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West! Everything's bigger in Texas, including the Southern Hospitality that has made our Lubbock hotel a guest favorite. From the South Plains Fair Grounds and Mackenzie Park to the Civic Center and United Spirit Arena, special events are always happening near our Lubbock hotel. Whether you need to quickly get to Texas Tech University, Lubbock Christian University, Covenant Medical Center, or The Heart Institute, our great location makes for a fast and easy commute. When you stay at our Lubbock hotel, you are right next to the Canyon West Shopping Center and just minutes from the South Plains Mall for some great shopping. Close to West Texas's best shopping, dining, and entertainment, our newly renovated hotel offers everything you need for a great vacation or productive business trip. Our friendly staff is happy to give you tips and recommendations on must see attractions, the best boutiques, and fine dining options, or give you easy and quick directions to get you on your way to the next stop. While staying at our modern and highly rated hotel, enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet to get your day started on the right foot and stop off at our beautiful indoor heated pool, hot tub and dry sauna for a relaxing end to your busy day. There's plenty of free parking available for large vehicles and trailers, and we are set just enough off the highway that there's never road noise to interfere with your restful night's sleep. Our spacious rooms and huge suites are great for larger groups, families, and longer stays, and our lightning fast free hi speed internet can accommodate even the most demanding needs for business or play. Whether you are here for a day, a long weekend, or a semester, depend on us at the new Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West to provide you with the best service and quality you've come to expect from the Wyndham family of hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Lubbock West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Palms Hotel Lubbock
- Best Western Plus Palms Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Palms Hotel
- Best Western Lubbock
- Lubbock Best Western