All reviewsceiling fanroom was cleancourteous staffhotel roomthe entire staffthe breakfast areawater pressurerecommend this hotelwould stay here againbalconiesdishwasherrecreationnacsinkslickfunerallinens
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Stayed there about 3 days, was going to stay a forth day but they kicked us out because they were over booked. Stayed in room 210 and the windows looking into the lobby were nasty dirty. The carpet in the breakfast area looked like it hasn't been cleaned in years, stained and dirty, window sills were dirty, trash on floor. Trash can between side entrance and pool overflowing with trash. Breakfast was terrible........RUN!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Hello eddiem7172017,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the breakfast service you received and hotel cleanliness. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. Also, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We had booked at the hotel with the full intention of staying there for an upcoming baseball tournament at SFA. Due to weather circumstances, the tournament was cancelled. I realize we booked the pay up front rate and that we may not get the refund, but we only asked for them to move the date. They have refused to work with us and we gave them ample time to book the rooms for other guests. We had five rooms booked and were willing to move it to another date (even paying the additional funds for a night that may be more), but again, they have refused. Unfortunately, we will not stay there if we have another tournament in the area.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the refundable rate. They have no sympathy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Randy J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank You for choosing Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South

We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your Advanced Purchase reservation. We also apologize for not being able to accommodate the date changes you requested. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and again we apologize for failing to meet your expectations, however we do advise caution when booking Advanced Purchase reservations as they are Non-Changeable, Non-Cancelable, and Non-Refundable. Thank You again for Choosing Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I was on my way to Galveston. Wanted a half way place. Check in was a breeze. Room very clean. Air conditioning was great and I love the ceiling fan.

Kids in hall way are noisy but so what. Kids are kids and this is a motel. After they settled in, it was quite and calm.

Will definitely stop again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Guest satisfaction is our #1 goal and we are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Thank You again for choosing Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Our room was clean and everyone was friendly, but the continental breakfast was awful. Everything we tried was hard, stale, and old. We are usually very happy and impressed with Holiday Inn. We were let down this time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lufkin South, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Hi Seven7777,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. I am glad to read that you approve of the cleanliness level of the room. It is also good to know that you were satisfied with the customer service delivered. However, I would like to apologize for the disappointments you had with the breakfast served. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards. I will address your concern with the hotel management to ensure that this would not happen in the future.

Once more, thank you for your feedback and in case you are back in the area, we would love to have another opportunity to wow you.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn and Suites this past weekend when my son played in a baseball tournament at Angelina College. The staff was extremely professional and friendly and so happy to accommodate any of our needs and requests. Our king balcony suite was very roomy, and I loved the little kitchenette area - the extra countertops, cabinets, and sink really came in handy. We didn't use it, but there was even a dishwasher - nice. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in, and even the sofa bed was one of the better ones we've encountered. Everything was very clean. The bathroom was large, and except for one corner of the wall near the shower that needs to be repaired, it was really nice, especially having the storage space under the vanity for personal items. I would've preferred a tub/shower combination instead of the shower only, but it was large with a nice shower head and good water pressure. The coin-operated washers and dryers worked very well, which is important when you're trying to get red dirt off of white baseball pants! The pool was small but very well-maintained and pretty with a little waterfall. There are an abundance of restaurants and shopping within a mile or two of the hotel, which was very convenient. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if ever in Lufkin.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family