“Good food”

Joe's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 177 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 23, 2018

This has the feel of a neighborhood diner, including a laundry list of homemade pies.
My husband ordered two eggs, over easy, sausage patties, hash browns and biscuits. He really enjoyed his meal, most especially the hash browns.
Almost all of us have had the experience of having hash browns that are crispy on the outside and mush inside. Not these. He loved the crispy outside and well-cooked inside.
I ordered the waffle with a side of bacon. My waffle was hot when it got to the table, allowing the butter to melt all over. The waffle also had a lovely, malty flavor. My bacon was crisp, as requested.
Coffee is plentiful. The waitress came by repeatedly to refresh my husband's cup. The waitress also offered to fill my to go cup from another coffee establishment. Super nice! Unfortunately, I did not have room for dessert...aw!
Everyone is very friendly.The calendars, at the checkout counter, were free and have hilarious captions.
We will return when next we visit Mansfield.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast, was good. Granddaughter did not care for the thick bacon. Service was excellent, we will go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for a weekday breakfast or lunch. Good food and great service. A nice local cafe in a DFW suburb quickly being swallowed up by the metropolitan area of DFW. Feels more like a small town cafe or diner.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for brunch before the lunch crowd arrived. Wife ordered vegetarian omelette and a side of bacon. I had The Kitchen Sink. Which was scrambled eggs with potatoes and meats. It's topped with salsa and sour cream. The salsa watered down the eggs and made them a little soggy. My wife's bacon was thin with not much meat.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch on Saturday with my wife and son. My wife had the hamburger steak and it was large good quality beef. My son had the chili cheese burger and he thought it was good as well. The disappointment for me was the chicken fried steak. I have eaten chicken fried steak all over the country and I expected better here. The meat was of excellent quality however the breading was very flour tasting the gravy was as well. I assume they double dip but a single would be better. The gravy like I said had a strong taste of flour and was too thick as a result. With some tweaking this would have been a great cfs. Will probably give them another try on something other than the cfs