“Excellent experience! Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Austin, Texas
“Excellent experience! Great stay!”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Very clean, very friendly, great breakfast and good price, even the housekeeper (Jackie) was fantastic and had a great attitude! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you so much for your review! During our morning staff "huddle" we read the review aloud and Miss Jackie's face just lit up with joy that you loved your stay. Miss Jackie has been with our hotel since we opened in 2008 and is by far one of our best. Thank you again for your kind words and taking the time to share, you have no idea how much it means to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

Until next time, safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Spent a week there while visiting family in the area. Marshall isn't known as a tourist destination, so I wasn't expecting much from a hotel there...but I was surprised. I had a two queen non-smoking suite with a couch and microwave that was pretty nice. In fact, the room was better than some of the European "five stars" I've been in. Not luxurious, but spacious and clean and in good repair. Certainly very comfortable.
The included breakfast was pretty good with several juices and coffee, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes (coolest pancake machine I've ever seen), etc.
Gymnasium is small, with two decent treadmills, a stationary bike, and a multi-station cable machine.
The outdoor pool looked fine, although I didn't use it.
Staff was courteous and professional.
Detractors...the elevator is small and slow. Parking is limited. The wi-fi connection for the (free) internet was very weak and there was no option to hook up via an ethernet cable.
I really don't know how much the hotel costs as I was using Priority Club points to stay for free.
I will definitely stay there again next time I need a hotel in Marshall...which I do every few years.

Room Tip: Priority Club is like frequent flier miles for hotel stays...I've been able to get several free...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ted G
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
I glad you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel! It's true, Marshall is a small East Texas town, but that's no reason not to expect the best! We're very proud of our hotel and work very hard to keep it looking nice and fresh. Sorry you had problems with the WiFi, about the same time of your stay we had two of our access points fail, which caused the weak signal. I assure you, this has since been corrected and the next time you're in the area you should have no problem whatsoever.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and taking the time to post! Safe travels!
lafayette,la
Reviewed 20 April 2012

good for the price doors in hallway noisy breakfest ok clean rooms rough road to get to it because of truck stop next door few pot holes and not eough parking spots in front hated that

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time fill out a review! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm very sorry that you experienced a problem with the noise, the doors at the hotel are made of heavy hard woods with spring hinges to ensure that the doors close fully when you leave the rooms for guest safety. While this provides excellent security, it can be a bit loud if other guests allow the doors to slam behind them and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope this unfortunate experience will not keep you from visiting us again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences. Safe travels!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Travelling from New Orleans to Oklahoma, stopped here late evening (about 9 o'clock) having been driving for nearly 8 hours, so wanted a good nights sleep. Had a look at a couple of other hotels nearby and checked out their prices. Negotiated with this hotel for two rooms and got a sensible discount. Hotel receptionist persuded us to become Priority Club member and then immediately updgraded us. Great rooms, comfortable beds, very clean, modern and well decorated. Microwave in room, and coffee making facilities. Found a small restaurant across the bridge over the interstate.

If you are travelling then this is a good place to stay. Had a continental breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy but sufficient.

Only met 2-3 members of staff but each one was pleasant and friendly, and made the effort to ensure our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Timbo54
PatrickH0287, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a nice trip from "The Big Easy" to Oklahoma. Let me also thank you for becoming one of our newest members to our Priority Club Rewards program, I'm sure you will find it a rewarding experience.

Again, thank you for sharing you feedback and we're proud to of been your choice in Marshall. Hope to see you again sometime, until then, safe travels!
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here last weekend. Hotel looks new. Didn't use any of the hotels services. But the staff were friendly that we did see. They had a breakfast, it looked good, but we ate in town with friends.

• Stayed March 2012
PatrickH0287, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for the kind words! We try very hard to keep the hotel looking like new even though we're almost four years old now. Sorry you didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast, we've made a number of additions over the past few months I'm sure you would have enjoyed.

Hope to see you again soon, until then, safe travels!
Clio, Michigan
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The road to the hotel has recently changed so you may drive past the road think you're getting on the highway. Once we turned around and got to the hotel, the kids loved the great outdoor pool that was clean and just the right temp. Rooms were clean, breakfast was the best of a H.I. Express I've ever had. The staff actually served us everything from the breakfast buffet and helped get food/drinks for our kids! Entire staff was great and the faciltiy was 99%. My only concern was a broken piece on the bottom of the bed that caused a pretty severe injury but they took care of it right away.

Room Tip: The street to the hotel is actually the old entrance ramp/serviceroad to the highway...Kindof easy t...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank scott s
Thank you so much for your review! Sorry you got turned around getting to the hotel, that interchange can be a little tricky the first time and we appreciate you leaving the "tip" for future guests. I have shared your comments with the staff. Our housekeeping and breakfast bar staff were all very excited to hear your kind words. James, our Chief Engineer, was also glad that you enjoyed the pool. Most of all we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back sometime soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, feedback is always welcome but positive feedback makes our day!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We checked in on Saturday, September 3, 2011 and even though we requested a lower floor room when we made our reservation, because my son has cerebral palsy, we were given a 3rd floor room. They say that it is a suite but it is simply one room with 2 beds and a couch. Through the connecting door we were able to enjoy the endless screaming and banging from the room next to us until after 11pm and we were ever so gently woken up by the screaming and banging and slamming doors of the sweet folks in the room next to us.
My son and I took the elevator to the first floor to enjoy some of the complimentary hot breakfast. There was a machine that made bad pancakes and a tray of biscuits and gravy. The eggs, sausage and bacon did not appear for the 2 hours that we were there. The woman who was attending the breakfast buffet just kept saying not yet when asked when the eggs and sausage and bacon would appear. You may be wondering why my son and I were in the breakfast room for over 2 hours? Well, it was the only place to sit and wait for the now broken elevator to be fixed. You may remember that I mentioned that even though I asked for a lower floor room because my son is disabled I did not get that room but one on the 3rd floor, which we could not return to since my son cannot walk up 3 flights of stairs. The manager also proceeded to tell me that the elevator (that's right, just one elevator) had been getting stuck all morning. If the elevator had been having problems all morning why did she wait until I complained about it not working to call the repairman?
We waited over an hour, unable to get upstairs to our room so my wonderful husband, 65 years old, with diabetes and vision problems, packed our luggage and brought most of it downstairs. He went to the car with my son and I walked up 3 flights and got the rest of our things, heavy things, and brought them downstairs and to the car. No help from anyone at the hotel.
It was a nightmare from start to finish. It was our first stay in a Holiday Inn and will be our last.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family