“Average”

The Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 76 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The front desk person at my hotel recommended this place as the 'best Mexican in Marshall'. In my opinion, it was average at best.

I had two appetizers instead of an entree -- chicken nachos and chicken tortilla soup. I should have asked for them to come out separately, as they both arrived at the same time. The servings for both were HUGE. One appetizer would have been more than enough.

Despite their size, the food was very ordinary. The chicken nachos was actually quite revolting. The taste was very bland, and everything mushed into everything else. The nachos were soggy. The lighting was so dim that it just looked like a plate of dog food. The soup was much better, but didn't have the bite or kick I've experienced in other renditions of chicken tortilla soup.

I left some of both meals, especially the chicken nachos.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We ate a very late lunch Sunday. There were 4 of us. Was seated promptly. Waiter was awesome. Food came out quickly and was very good. This was my first time eating here, but would definitely return the next time I'm in Marshall.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

small portions of mexican food for large dollars. the had a footnote on ther menu that if you don't order a entree you will be charged for the chips and dips $3.99. Not on there online menu!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Service was OK. Food was OK, biut not really hot when served.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I think this may be a chain since I saw several while travelling around this general area, but I will say it is some of the best Meican food I've ever had. I loved it. The chips were the best and they had a secret sauce that was really good!