“This hotel really cares about the comfort of it's guests.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Drury Inn McAllen
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in McAllen
DFW, Texas
“This hotel really cares about the comfort of it's guests.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

I travel to the Rio Grande Valley on a regular basis and always stay at the Drury Inn McAllen. The staff are so courteous, friendly, and helpful and greeted me by name after just my first visit with them. They made me feel welcome and at home. This hotel serves up a great breakfast every morning and even serves drinks and a light dinner after 5:00pm. The hotel is older but it is well maintained and exceptionally clean. I would definitely recommend the Drury Inn McAllen.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

My family and I stayed there for a couple of nights. It is a decent place with no frills, clean and well located too. The room was comfortable, had LCD screen, microwave and fridge. Night shift front desk guy was very nice and helpful.
I just think the "quickstart" breakfast was really disappointing. Waffles were good, but the apple juice was so watered-down it was almost tasteless, same thing with the milk for my cereal.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 20 March 2009
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our HOT! QUIKSTART Breakfast during your stay and apologize for any inconvenience. We will share your feedback with our team to help us improve our processes to ensure that our breakfast is always a good way to start off the day for our guests. If ever during your stay you do have questions about our breakfast, we do have a Breakfast Host on staff who attends to our breakfast daily. You can speak to them right away so we can put out fresh, hot food, replenish the selection right away or answer any breakfast questions you might have. Thanks again for choosing Drury Hotels!
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2007

While we only stayed there one night on business, the Drury was clean, reasonably quiet and the beds were in good condition. The bathroom was spacious, (I had a handicapped room) the towels and bedding were clean. The manager's happy hour is nice, as so is the breakfast. The best thing though is to arrive early for both food services to beat the late crowds. I did love the evening free popcorn and soda. It gave us a chance to sit, munch and relax. The only negative thing is that the TV volume would not turn any lower than 1/2 level. This means I would have to have it loud if I wanted to watch late night TV. Otherwise, I would definitely would stay here again when in town for business.

• Liked — The Beds were very nice
  • Disliked — Not wireless for internet, but they did have a dataport plug which was just as good.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank boingo_tx
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2007

I travel for work constantly, so I've seen enough hotels to compare & know when I've gotten a good value.

This room was convenient & large. It included a full kitchen (without ANY utensils or anything to cook with!). I had to borrow a can opener from the front desk each night that I needed to open a can.

One gross thing: I noticed the bed wasn't especially clean the first night I was there. OK - be prepared to get grossed out: I slept in it anyway even though there were random "hairs" and an unidentified "stain". I was EXHAUSTED from travel, so I slept on one side in fear of rolling over into scummy town that layed in the middle of the bed.

The next night when I got back to the room, first thing I did was to check the bed to make sure it had been changed. NOPE! They hadn't changed it between guests and apparently don't change it daily either - but there was no way I was sleeping in someone else's filth - AGAIN.

I called housekeeping who sent up the head of housekeeping who said "I'm not very good at this, but I'll do my best." And she was right. She sucked at it! And her best, well......Helen Keller could have done better. I have pics attached of "her best". She left saying: "Well, I did the best I could" after about 20 minutes! The comforter was hanging all over the floor & the pillows were piled up on the bathroom sink.

Beyond that random story, it's OK. Nothing fancy. NO frills whatsoever. Feels like a budget apartment that you might get if you're down on your luck a little.

Would I stay there again? No. I would look for something else this time around.

• Liked — Seeing it in the rearview mirror
  • Disliked — The room.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Travel222Much
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2006

This is a nice hotel, with a really good breakfast buffet included in the rate; hot food, waffels, eggs, plus the standard breakfast buffet stuff. Not as nice as some Drurys, but is one of this brands cookie cutter properties, with the atrium and breakfast nook just off the entrance. Staff is very helpful, and there is a small nightly offering (again, included in the rate) of beer/wine/mixed drinks (limit 3) and chips/chex mix, etc. For business, if there is a Drury in town, I usually stay there.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled on business