“Reliable Republic of Rio Grande”

Republic of the Rio Grande
Reserve with OpenTable
Republic of the Rio Grande is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 521 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Business lunch here. Quick seating and attentive wait staff. Ribeye sandwich was delicious. Nacho plate was ENORMOUS.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I've been coming here for the past 15 years and the food and service has always been consistent and good! The wife and I particularly enjoy eating on the patio in the evening. The menu has a good selection of dishes and moderate prices.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

I was expecting a Tex-Mex restaurant when I drove up. The menu is more eclectic, say "Texas-themed". It really reflected many of the culinary types of favorites in Texas. They have pizza, pasta, Tex-Mex dishes, steaks, burgers, and sandwiches. The atmosphere was lively with a live band on the porch and strolling musicians within the restaurant. I had the Desert Fire Pasta, which was recommended by the waiter. It was good. I liked the spicy kick, but the sauce wasn't as thick as I was anticipating. One of my friends had steak which looked amazing. Their drinks were also reported as being unique and tasty, although I didn't order anything myself. This is obviously a popular spot as there was a large birthday party going on in the porch area.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Love the place, the food Drinks and the outdoor spot! Music is good. The kitchen is always good quality and great taste!

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

Nice place to relax and enjoy the outside music.
The pizza is why I come here.....outstanding
Give the place a try

Been to Republic of the Rio Grande? Share your experiences!