“The Hamburger of Texas”
Review of Whataburger

Whataburger
Ranked #160 of 329 Restaurants in McKinney
Description: Since 1950, Whataburger has proudly served a bigger, better burger. It all started when a young entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson had a bold idea: to serve a burger so big that it took two hands to hold, and so good that after a single bite customers couldn't help but exclaim, "What a burger!" He named his humble burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas, "Whataburger." Over six decades later, we're still family owned and operated. Each and every Whataburger® is still made to order. We still use 100% pure beef and serve it on a big, toasted five-inch bun. And now, as we proudly serve burgers, chicken, salads and breakfast at more than 800 Whataburger locations across the country, that first burger stand is still close to our hearts.
Reviewed May 23, 2017

We were so happy to see a Whataburger opening close to our house. We have been there several times and have enjoyed every visit.
The Sweet and Spicy burger, when available, is great as is the Patty Melt. All of the burgers and chicken sandwiches are good and you can even get breakfast!

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Whataburger is a Texas, family-owned, hamburger chain. In the late 60's I remember eating lunch around twice a week while in high school in Temple, Texas. In fact, I think the pyramid-shaped building is still on West M Street. It's just not a Whataburger any longer.

Their burgers were fabulous back then and are still great and made exactly how you want it to this day, no matter which location.

Their chicken strip sandwich is delicious. Especially the buffalo-style chicken strip sandwich. The mixture of their buffalo-wing sauce and ranch dressing are killer.

No matter which one you go to you can't go wrong with anything you order at Whataburger!

Reviewed December 13, 2016

Oooo, a brand new Whataburger! This one opened recently, located across the street from Market Street.

Om: Whataburger’s are all over the place in Texas, so really all I was looking for was consistency!
• Service – Being a fast food restaurant, there is not much to say. We didn’t have to wait long for our food, but when we got it home poor Nom noticed that they made a mistake on her burger. The employees were friendly, we got a kick out of the one drunk guy in the restaurant where his wife was trying to sober him up…
• Ambiance – Again, fast food restaurant. It was clean, good lighting, and on-par for what you would see at other Whataburger restaurants. It was pretty empty at the time, not much going on.
• Food – I really enjoy the burgers here, it just might be the best fast food burger I’ve had in Texas! Their burgers are large, don’t skimp on the condiments, and seem to be fresh. They taste wonderful! Ditto for the onion rings, as far as fast food goes they offer some of the best out there! Sure they aren’t thick, but they are breaded well and you get a bunch of them. Fries are fine, but the burgers are the best thing here.
• Value – You might pay a bit more than similar restaurants, but you get a superior burger. Worth the price!
Overall, besides the mistake with Nom’s burger, this is your typical Whataburger visit and their food is consistent with other locations. Would have no issues going back, and is one of the closest Whataburger’s to where we live.

Nom: Usually I’m excited to go to Whataburger just like I was on this trip. I grew up in Texas so Whataburger is an institution in this state! This is a brand new one so it’s super clean and new inside! Our cashier was friendly and patient but not exactly into the details and my order wasn’t difficult but I managed to get the wrong burger…much to my dismay when we got home and I unwrapped it. Two parts of the trip stand out to me. First, getting to go to this Whataburger with my handsome love! Second, the drunk guy whose wife was very patiently trying to get some food in him while he ranted away!