“Closed Down”
Review of Ruggeri's - CLOSED

Ruggeri's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ruggeri's has closed with a new Mexican looks like opening in same location. Ruggeri's was over priced and not very good food. Hope this new one is better.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I were in town visiting family and decided this would be a good place to celebrate our wedding anniversary while we were here. When I found the menu online, my wife was most excited about the linguine carbonara as she said it was a rare and difficult dish to make. She was very pleased with her entree as was I with the salmon "special of the day" that our server suggested.

Speaking of the service, it was impeccable. They did not leave a detail to chance. In fact, they apparently overheard us talking to another nearby dining couple about our anniversary as they surprised us with a slice of chocolate mousse cake with a candle.

My wife said that the ambiance reminded her of a restaurant we once visited in my hometown of Philly. I would say that Ruggeri's holds its own against any Italian restaurant I have ever visited.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our last trip to Ruggeri's was our best. The owner himself seated us and reassured us that ownership had not changed as had been rumored. He was much more personable than maitre 'd, who was on vacation. Food was good, a pleasant evening.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We ate here for the first time a year ago when we were travelling thru McKinney. This trip, we were headed for Arlington, which is an hour south of McKinney. But we decided to stay in McKinney and drive into Arlington the next day just so we could eat dinner at Ruggeri's. Once again, it was awesome. As before, one of the owners greeted us and sat us, the food was excellent, and the service was impeccable. If you like Italian food and are in the area at mealtime, you owe it to yourself to eat here.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Food and service was remarkable for this Italian American who normally finds fault with Italian food not made the way it was as I grew up/