“Absolutely Amazing Food/Waitress Not So Good!!!”

Harry's at the Harbor
Ranked #34 of 326 Restaurants in McKinney
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Once upon a time... In a land called Fort Worth at a place specializing in Information Technology (IT); Harry and Jan met and eventually were married in 1987. They were blessed with two beautiful daughters named Mandy and Kristin. Their IT jobs eventually led them to a new, exciting land of Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney in 1998. Mandy graduated from McKinney North (2007) and Kristin graduated from McKinney Boyd (2010). As the years went by, it came to pass that Harry achieved 34 years in IT Management and Customer Service; he desired and dreamed about owning his own business and leave the corporate world far behind while Jan continued in this realm of work. Harry and Jan have shared a love of competing in and being spectators in athletic sports since their childhood; and with their German and Czech heritage also enjoy food and spirits. They take great pleasure in being patrons at good local restaurants sharing a meal with family and friends while catching a game or sporting event on TV to relax. Thus, the dream of owning a business developed into an idea to create an establishment that they would find irresistible: great food, spirits, family friendly, clean-appealing atmosphere, excellent service, ability to catch a game on TV with locality to Stonebridge Ranch and easy access for the McKinney community overall. So they contacted some friends of theirs, (who together have over 50 years in the restaurant business) to discuss teaming together to create a restaurant that would provide all of this at reasonable prices. Next question was exactly where could they bring all this to reality? We definitely wanted to do this adventure in McKinney. We were working on a few locations when construction started back up in a new section in Adriatica and a sign for retail space went up we called...And the rest as they say is history. This new part of Adriatica is called The Riva Harbor. Led by exquisite design and impeccable standards, George C. Fuller oversaw the construction of "Harry's At The Harbor". Our mission at Harry's is to "Provide every guest an exceptional experience by providing great food at reasonable prices with the best service in McKinney, in a friendly, clean, unique facility in Adriatica." Our team's goal is for you to "relax and enjoy your time At The Harbor". If we did not meet your expectations please let us know and if we did please tell your friends. We welcome you to "Harry's At The Harbor"; we thank you for the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again real soon!
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner as we were in town for a wedding. We looked on Tripadvisor and loved the look of the food at Harry's. The food was Phenomenal we had the Gumbo, Crab and Shrimp Monaco as well as the Crawfish plate can't remember the exact name. The food will not let you down and the drink selection is great as well. I appreciated the owner checking on each table and asking about the food. We will definitely eat here again but with a different waitress. I enjoyed the TV with the sports on the TV. The outside seating is really nice and the pond, church and walking area is beautiful.

I hate to write anything negative but the waitress was very Bad. We arrived around 8PM and it was just beginning to slow down. We Sat and she didnt introduce herself or welcome us or say anything besides "What can I get you to drink". We order tea and had to ask 2 different times for our drinks to be refilled. Our Gumbo was an Appetizer and arrived with our dinner after we asked for it more than once. All items were delived by someone else and never once did she come check on our food or if we needed anything. She took our plates without asking if we were done or if we wanted to take any of it home. She asked if we wanted dessert we didnt and handed us our check. Didnt even say Thanks or Come again.

Conclusion:
Amazing Food definitely will go back. Just one bad horrible experience with one waitress.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

FTW44, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found us and enjoyed everything about Harry's especially the food.. We are sorry the server was not doing a very good job. We are having a mandatory staff meeting this Saturday to discuss the service we want to deliver. Thanks again for taking your time to let us know. Hope to see you again soon. Harry's At The Harbor.

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

A local friend took me here on Labor Day for lunch. It's a very nice area with a view of the lake. The restaurant was clean and staff was friendly. The rusty nail appetizer is great, as was the fish and chips. If you like bloody Mary's, try theirs. It was a bit spicy but still good. Reasonable prices and good portions. Full bar available.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Matts905, Thank you for trying our lunch on Labor Day and we are glad you enjoyed it. Also thanks to your friend for bringing you here. We appreciate your comments on out atmosphere, food, drinks and service. We hope you will be back soon to try some other items and drinks. We would love to be a place that you and your friend call home. Thanks Again! Harry's At The Harbor

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

This place is real close to the house. My wife and I like to go there on mini dates. Last week we had the fish and chips. Honestly, the best I've ever had. Not to much batter, not to greasy, just really good. On Thursdays the have a vodka special. It's not a happy hour it's all night. The bartender made us a blueberry mule. Wow, the only problem I had with it was the that the cup is to small. I wanted a bucket of it.

McKinney Dad, Glad you spend your mini dates with us. We appreciate the rating and kind words about our food and drink specials. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know when you are in for your next mini date so we can thank you in person. respectfully Harry's At The Harbor

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Skip it. Went there for lunch today and ordered the shrimp and avocado salad. It was pretty spendy for a salad ($15), but I was in the mood for shrimp and didn't want to order a heavy meal. The salad arrived fairly quickly, and appeared to be a good-sized portion. The dressing came in two ramekins flanking both sides of the plate... very odd. The server told me that the dressing was a combination of tartar and shrimp cocktail sauces. Yes folks, that's exactly what it turned out to be... Fresh out of the jars!

The salad mix was obviously a store bought salad mix, not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I'm sure it drives up their food costs considerably. And the star of the show... 6 pieces of anemic, previously cooked/frozen, flavorless, unseasoned shrimp that tasted like they had literally just been dumped out of plastic bag, thawed in warm water for a few minutes, and thrown onto the plate haphazardly. A couple clunky slices of avocado, and a few pieces of soggy, store bought, seasoned flatbread finished this plate. It was a mess, and disappointing.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't be so critical of a mere salad, but for the price and overall lack of effort, I felt compelled to let others know. It's hard to believe that a place like this gets such great reviews. I thought I was walking into a unique and delicious gastropub after reading the reviews, but the food was more like something you would get in a pool hall. I will say however, that the service was good, the place was clean, and the atmosphere was nice. I can only hope that there is SOMETHING redeeming about the rest of their menu, but I'm not willing to give them my business again to find out. It's pretty apparent to me that their head chef is either lazy, uninspired, or just doesn't know some of the most basic things to creating good, quality food. Tsk, tsk.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Kirk, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not like your salad. The dressing is a little more than what the server said as we make our own tarter as well as our own cocktail sauce. We also cook our own flatbread and it is usually never soggy as we serve several flavors of flatbreads in addition to it being a side on some salads. We will look into who all is making the salads at lunch and maybe they are not up to our standards as we have a new lunch cook. We hope that you will try us again someday and not judge the entire menu based on one item. Again sorry you were disappointed and if you do try us again please let the manager know so we can make sure you have a positive experience. Respectfully Harry's At The Harbor

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Cool place with a patio overlooking the big pond in Stonebridge Ranch. Great atmosphere, good service and really good food. Fun place to hang out and chat with people on the weekend.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Chris, Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We also appreciate you taking your time to tell others. Thanks for covering our atmosphere, service and our food! We hope to become one of your favorite places to hang out. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely Harry's At The Harbor