“Excellent quality for price.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in McKinney
Griffin
“Excellent quality for price.”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

New management has made drastic improvements since my last stay. Clean,
new carpet and nice bedding. Large refrigerator with freezer compartment.
Staff went out of way to accomodate my needs. Will always stay here when in McKinney area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on opposite side of Hanks Rest.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank soapsally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I only have two complaints about this hotel: exterior corridor and some unfriendly staff. The exterior corridor can't be fixed, but the staff can be trained. The breakfast lady was rude, no questions. Other staff members were friendly though. The room was nice and modern. Our bed was comfy and the couch was new. The bathroom was very tiny though. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool, and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Louisiana_Man_88
allen
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I checked into the Quality Inn, McKinney TX on Saturday, February 26, 2011 planning to stay four nights while repairs are being completed on our home in Allen. The desk clerk insisted on seeing my driver’s license and when I presented it, she made a photo copy. I have never had that done before. I was uncomfortable with this practice, and fund out later that other motel guests have refused, but were still allowed to stay.

The manager gave me a special rate for my 4-night stay and when I had called him earlier in the week, I was told that a full breakfast was included with my stay. I’m a Choice Privileges member and stay at their motels whenever I travel. I was looking forward to a full breakfast, but when I arrived in the breakfast room, I found only bread, cereal, juice and coffee. The attendant explained that they had run out of the normal, biscuits, bacon, sausage, and eggs, but the manager, Brian (Kumar) Patel had put an order in and there would be a full breakfast on Monday. That did not occur so I called the hotel chain and found that a full breakfast is advertised. The customer complaints representative called the motel and was assured that a full breakfast was being served. The Monday morning breakfast attendant explained that they had switched to a continental breakfast and would no longer be serving a full breakfast. I explained that the Choice Privileges representative in Grand Junction, CO was not aware of this. She suggested that I talk with the manager. The staff at the front desk said that Mr. Kumar would not be in on Monday, so I would have to wait. When I checked out the manager said nothing to me about the fact that they had gone to a continental breakfast or the complaint I made with Choice Privileges. He went on like nothing had occurred, but was not friendly.

Having a quality motel is more that just having a nice room. Total quality includes the breakfast offered guests and the honesty that goes with it. This motel was far below the standards I expect from staying at a Choice Hotels establishment. I stay at Quality Inns frequently with I travel and this motel gets a failing grade for the customer service it provides.
Joe Seiling, MSW
Major (Ret), U.S. Army
Medical Service Corps

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ufoAllen

Travellers are raving about these McKinney hotels

Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We checked in specifically asking for a non-smoking room. When we opened the door, we could smell the smoke, plus, there was an ash tray on the table by the door. We went back to the front desk to ask for another room. They said all the smoking rooms were at one end of the building, but if someone asked for an ash tray, they were given one, no matter which room they were in. We were given another room, which also smelled like smoke, but not as strong as the first.

The floor had cheerios near the corner of the bed, there were no hangers in the closet, and the toilet seat was only bolted down on one side. There was urine where the other bolt was missing, as well as urine running down one side of the toilet and onto the floor.

We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaunaB
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was recently travelling to visit family and made the mistake of trusting that the name Quality Inn was an appropriate name. Upon check-in I asked if the room had internet and I was told that it did. The wireless interneet did not work, so I tried using the ethernet connection provided in the room, which also did not work.

The room was a smoking room and smellled like it had been cleaned prior to my stay. There were cigarette ashes on the floor as well as trash behind the desk.

I definitely would not stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jackson_Will
Monticello
Reviewed 20 September 2009

An old Holiday Inn (from the 70s?) that has been refurbished.
Had about 12 crickets in room when I work up. Maybe quiet at night, but not in morning.
Band at bar next door had a loud band. Sounded like a good time, but I was bushed and did not check it out. The A/C was noisy enough to mask out pretty well - but I was dead tired so that helped. Get a room away from Hank's bar/grill.
As mentioned earlier, if bar busy, they take up thoe parking spaces, so you may need to park away from your room. Parking packed when I went to bed - about 50% full when I woke up at 7am.
Breakfast the typical Choice "hot" breakfast - not bad for a mid level chain.
Room was a bit small, but decent and fairly clean (except from crickets I found later). There is small space under door so they can get in there, I guess. And I was on 2nd floor.
The old A/C worked fine, but the condesation runs outside the room on to the walkway (doors are on walkway, not a corridor).
I would think much better rooms for about the same price in the area as some newer hotels are here.
Oh, the free WiFi worked very well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAPMAN
U.S.A.
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Hotel was ok, but don't expect any parking on a night that the bar next door has anything going on.

Patrons of the bar freely use the hotel parking leaving nowhere for the hotel customers to park. Security in the hotel parking lot refused to stop bar customers from parking in obvious hotel parking spots who were walking from their cars parked at the hotel to the bar. The desk clerk stated nothing could be done because both establishments are owned by the same person.

My family had to park down the street and walk back to the hotel. I was given the "oh well" attitude from the hotel's staff. I'll never stay there again and the rest of the people in town for the wedding agree... find somewhere else to sleep.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family