All reviews live band new carpet yogurt gravy couch
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

The adage don't judge a book by its cover applies here. From the highway this motel looks good. But the when out sofa, dirty walls, and hair in the tub will set you straight. Oh, bonus, the breakfast is cold eggs, cold gravy and warm yogurt.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2018

Old property in great need of reinvestment - no, just tear it down. Chairs with rips, holes in the sofa, peeling paint, grungy, dirty, shabby. My wife would't take her shoes off because the carpet looked unclean. It was Friday and a bar across the street played country music very loud and late. Given everything else this was not the worst thing. It made us discuss bedbugs and the wisdom of eating breakfast further down the road. The night before we stayed at a Comfort Inn in Arkansas that was wonderful. How can two properties owned by the same company be so different. PS, the plug for the hair drier was broken. The highway sign was not working, and the night manager (who answered my call for directions) sent me the the wrong side of the freeway. It was a memorable stay!

Room tip: stay elsewhere
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I don’t typically stay at hotels without interior corridors, but I try to be loyal to Choice Hotels. This was a clean and comfortable room, despite having exterior corridors. Friendly staff at check in. Very comfortable bed and nice shower (as Quality does well). It seems they are working on upgrades as the room appeared to have new carpet and paint. I imagine they’ll paint the back of the main door next? Although I didn’t let that take away from the comfort of the room. I felt safe at this property. It was close to downtown McKinney where we went at night, and it’s an adorable downtown with lots of dining options.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank enigma_ConcordNC
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

The price was right, the staff was friendly. There is a country bar next door that has music most nights, so the parking lot was full and we could hear the music til midnight or so, but it wasn’t too loud. We got the handicap room by default, and the restroom door doesn’t shut or lock. The overall appearance of our room is old and a little grungy but not disgusting. We went to the Waffle House down the street and they were AWESOME there.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We checked in on Thursday night. We herd music from a bar next door around 7 pm. Then it went quiet. The music started again around 9 or 10 pm. It was loud even caused the car’s alarms to keep going on and off all night.

The room was clean.