See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 22, 2014

Family run hotel and a nice feel in that. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lavrion has no hotels so this one picks up the trade and I think they hold the price on that - general feeling was that its as overpriced. Clean, but decor somewhat 70's and needing some refurbishing the shower needs to be splay isolated so water can't get on the floor. Free wifi, but couldn't get it to work in my room. Basic continental breakfast - be nicer to have orange juice and not orange squash.
Big pool, unfortunately didn't get the time to swim.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher Joh... S
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our plan was to have a last, meaningful day, before boarding our plane home late in the evening. The Saron enabled us to do so in trumps, and I highly recommend the experience. We arrived at Sounio latish on a very hot evening and made use of the 22-metre long pool straight away. It is a superb facility, well maintained. There is no big planted garden but enough sun loungers, etc if you need them and shade.
Room and toilet/shower were small but clean, recently refurbished, I think, and shower worked with good preassure. Bed was queen sized and very comfortable for our taste. Air conditioning and fridge (some noise there) worked well, and balcony was ideal for eating our supper (fruit).
Next morning (6am) we went to the nearby beach (5min walk) and saw the sun rise in perfect, clean and calm waters. Beautiful.
Breakfast was buffet type and had a good range of food. Bread fresh, mini tyropita, yoghur and honey....
We asked about check out time and they were very accommodating, allowing us to leave room at 3pm.
Went to visit the temple of Poseidon (3km away) and spent there 2.30 hours - a most extraordinary spot and were lucky to talk to some of the workers there who explained a number of interesting facts. The cafeteria has tremendous views. The ticket to temple allows you to visit am and sunset! we did not know - useful to do...
Back in the hotel we swam in the pool (too hot to be in the sea at that time) for another 2 hours - relaxing etc. We showered in room, packed... and went back to terrace for lunch which was very reasonable in price (29 euros) for two people: greek salad, fried squid, pork steak with fries, taramosalata and wine.
The nice city of Lavria is 5 mins away by car (excellent for nice cafes and market etc), and the airport is 30 mins away, by a good road. I totally recommend Sounio and the Saron for a last day in Greece.
By the way, less than half the price of the "posher" hotels by Sounio temple proper which don't have a pool. I frankly rate the pool super highly, and the friendly, unobtrusive family who runs the hotel

Room Tip: Almost beachfront!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Asiralc
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed there during a field trip with a large group, and again during field work with 2 people. Both cases they were very friendly and the hotel was quite functional. Good continental breakfast! Good bar! Good dinner options if you don't feel like going far. The pool is beautiful, and it's within walking distance to a beach. The family running it is very friendly and outgoing. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: There are two areas for rooms: in the main building and in an exterior building right there. The indoor rooms are very brightly decorated, but otherwise just normal for good european rooms. Worth asking if there are big groups around, because I know we disturbed some travelers when we left with 20 people early in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JtreeAT
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We selected Saron hotel to spend 1 night before taking off on a sailboat to tour the Cyclades (October 2012). We were familiar with the Saron hotel as we stayed here 1 night in 2009. Upon arrival at the hotel we noticed that 1 of our bags (containing a laptop computer!) had been left behind on the public transport (bus) from the Airport to the hotel. The friendly hotel staff went to great lengths to trace the local bus driver and retrieve our lost luggage. After tracking down the bus driver they convinced him to return our possessions which involved a 2 hour drive by car. Upon arrival at the Saron hotel, the bus driver refused a finder’s fee and we couldn’t even compensate the fuel costs as he felt it was his duty to return our bag.
Our basic rooms with TV, bathroom, and ocean view were clean. The beds were a little hard, but this didn’t keep us from a good night of sleep. The hotel pool was well maintained. The (wifi) internet access and free print service was ideal to get our marine weather updates. The hotel lobby has the atmosphere of a living room and drinks are available using an honor-based system. Breakfast was included and the costs for our stay were very, very reasonable. We highly recommend Hotel Saron.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henri V v
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My Mom and Dad sold this hotel in the early 80's to the current owners. I was only a pre-teen when I live there. Best place on earth.

Sounio was a paradise back then and the beach was to die for. I love this part of the world and greatly miss it. I plan on visiting this summer since this is my childhood place.

Poseidon's temple is also nice to see, but you can accomplish that in a couple of hours.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family