“Lovely dinner”

Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Concord
Neighbourhood: North York
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed August 18, 2017

My wife and I enjoyed our visit. The kabobs, dumplings and wine outstanding. The staff friendly and helpful. Eastern European with a twist.

1  Thank skaszab2016

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We were searching for a family restaurant in the neighbourhood, when we were returning from York University to North York, where we stayed during our trip to Toronto.

Thanks to the community of readers of Yelp, we found this restaurant, termed as Russian restaurant, in fact the cuisine is really that of Georgia.

Being a foreigner, I can't really tell the difference between the style of their Borsche from the Ukraine style.
Anyway, my husband and I had a very satisfying dinner, with a big serving of Borsche and a yummy appetizer - mushrooms with cheese.

We were already full and could not finish the entree - lamb ribs and rice pilaf, which was delicious and big in portion. We ended up packing it and took it home. After reheating it at home, it still tasted great!

We have got value for the money! The restaurant is spacious and seems friendly for the whole family. I would highly recommend it, if you are searching for a good Ukraine style restaurant in the area.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

It was a very, very good dinner. Good portions, very tasty and very reasonable priced. The service was excellent as well. I will come back.

1  Thank Andrei_K_v
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

2 things that gone wrong with this visit

1. Fly in the soup , floating in the soup

2. The waiter insisted fly not from kitchen , he said the door is open so the fly get into my soup- me and my friend do not see any fly around the table and certainly did not see the fly dive into the soup. The waiter insisted to replace the soup for me! Which I do not trust it is from a different pot !

Unfortunately, the waiter or the management do not know how to handle the situation, no one come forward to admit the problem.

This is the first time among 120 reviews that I have written that o give 1 star.

2  Thank LizaTam
Reviewed April 5, 2017

The atmosphere is right in the middle, not overtly ostentatious like some nearby, but not run down. Good drinks too. Only downside is that it isn't walking distance from anybody anywhere.

Date of visit: February 2017