“Great food, don't pay attention to the rest”
Review of Aragvi Restaurant

Aragvi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our carefully selected old-world Georgian dishes and our commitment to top quality flavourful food make us one of the great hidden gems of the city. We take pride in our culinary distinction and exceptional service. Our head chef; Boris Pasternak completed his formal training in the Georgia region and is the man who originally brought Georgian cuisine to Toronto. He is an award-winning chef with over 40 years of experience. Our loyal clients keep coming back to us for our authenticity in culinary excellence, superior service and our loving & warm atmosphere.
Reviewed February 4, 2017

I love this place despite it's location (next door to a garage, yet easy to reach) and pretty basic interior. Some people may argue that it is less than 100% authentic Georgian restaurant, but I don't care, as the food is to die for. We go to Aragvi often and occasionally take food out for our home parties. Try khachapuri, lamb lula kebob with Aragvi potatoes as side dish. If Georgian vines are too sweet for your taste, go for Saperavi - an excellent dry red from Georgia.

Date of visit: January 2017
5  Thank thermohelp

Reviewed January 22, 2017

being born and raised in Georgia, decided to check it out with friends. Location: far from the best, but its not a big issue to me. Interior- mediocre, could be brighter and music would make it much more authentic.In the menu found a lot of georgian dish names. Tried few of my favorite ones very bleak copy of what I remember, critical components of some dishes were just missing. Service was friendly, and even tried to imitate georgian accent:)was funny but did not cut it. Not very expensive, but I'd rather pay more to have my expectations met. And most important...lack of authentic georgian spirit. Honest effort but loooots of room for improvement. Would not recommend it as a place to try georgian cuisine for sure

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Kostairon
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Georgian food is different from Russian food. This needs to be understood as we stumbled on to this place, old school atmosphere, very eastern European and you know the food is being made with love by someone's grandma in the kitchen. It's so delicious, and we've tried almost everything there.

We typically come here once every two months, with a few of my Russian friends, and they agree that's it's the best too.

Date of visit: December 2016
5  Thank Allen A
Reviewed January 17, 2017

The location of this place cannot be less appetizing - between car garages, the parking is also cumbersome and weird.

Nevertheless, if the food is worth it all this is secondary. Unfortunately the food is just OK - it's not cheap, so the ingredients you'd expect should be a tad higher grade than they really are.

Authenticity is also questionable - there are few Georgian-themed places in 3-5 minutes ride from Aragvi and they seem to be more authentic.

Overall - it's good place for East European food, but not the best one.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

When I travel I like to eat where locals eat. Maybe a little off the beaten path. My companions are of Russian lineage so I let them lead the way. REALLY good food but unless you have someone to help you navigate the menu or translate it, things might get dicey. Also, parking is pretty sparse.

Date of visit: October 2016