“Good stay but not luxury ”
Review of Rosewood Bermuda

Rosewood Bermuda
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton Parish
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location and hotel is very pretty. The staff were not very friendly, although the upper management were great.
Certainly worth staying at if you can get a deal... but not quite a luxury hotel.
Also, beach is far from hotel. Just a side note.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear "Cbass03,"

Thank you for sharing your sentiments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our resort, but am deeply concerned about the level of service you received while on property.

I would appreciate the chance to speak with you in more detail regarding these issues, and can be reached at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com or 441 298 4000.

I look forward to speaking with you soon, and ultimately wish to restore your faith in Rosewood Bermuda.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

After extensively researching hotel reviews on here, my husband and I decided to reserve a villa suite at Tucker's Point (9/11-9/15/2017), as the majority were very positive.

In retrospect however, both of us are now left scratching our heads, and are certainly left questioning if said reviewers were actually somehow comped or paid by Rosewood, as all the glowing reviews did not line up whatsoever with what our experience was when we stayed there last week.

Seriously--- there was a vast difference in what we encountered and saw vs what we read on here, as our stay was way below par, and substandard at best.

I will make this as short as possible and to the point---

The hotel sits on a spectacular stretch of land--- in that way it truly shines, no argument or debate there. The private beach is a beauty. And although neither of us golf, the course was impressive looking regardless. The lobby entry straight into the lobby, again impressive.

But unfortunately we discovered the cons as far as the overall service, attention to detail, and the condition of our room entirely outweighed the positives that we came to experience while we stayed there.

We arrived around 2:30-3pm. Our room was not ready, which was not a big deal, as we opted to wait it out, and grab a bite in Tucker's bar, but first wanted to verify that our reservations were in place, as I had filled out an online form which enabled me to make onsite dining reservations ahead of time, or so I thought.

The concierge, Erin, indicated none of the reservations had been made, although was in fact able to confirm that my requests were received-- just never made on the hotel's end. She then offered to take care of them while we were at lunch.

After we came back about an hour later, she was gone, and another woman had replaced her. And you can already guess where this is headed-- it turns out our dinner reservations still were not made. Still no biggie, however worth noting. The hotel was practically a ghost town at this point as a lot of guests appeared to have cancelled due to the questionable direction hurricane Jose might head as I assumed correctly that no reservations were actually needed. So I cannot say I was overly phased, although a little skeptical about the ball dropped with our reservations. Hiccups are expected regardless. And this is a hotel that claims it is a high end 5 star resort, that has no problem charging 5 star rates, so one would expect 5 star service, yes?

Well, no, not really.

When we made it to our room, I have to admit I was initially blown away upon entering. Gorgeous views from not one but two decks/lanais! Beautifully appointed--- nice wet bar area, dining area, hand painted lamps, nicely decorated, window treatments...sprawling areas to enjoy. I was really impressed.

That was until I had a closer look at very stained, slightly frayed furniture and rugs that appeared not to have been cleaned in a good long time.

Then, and my biggest gripe--there was the condition of the walls in the commode in the master bathroom. And the noticeably spots of blackened deteriorating mouldy looking grout & tile in the shower, and tile on the floor.

The bottom of the commode door and trim facing the toilet had splash remnants on its surface that I doubt I need to describe in detail. Same with the wall directly behind the toilet roll! On the floor was a small pilled up piece of toilet paper that appeared to have been hanging out for a while..

I wanted to talk to the general manager, Paul, directly the next day, to bring this to his attention, but was told that he was in a communications meeting, but would be notified of our issue promptly. That was on Tuesday morning.

The person we spoke with --Derek, was kind enough to comp us for our dinner the previous night, was sincerely apologetic, and assured us he would notify housekeeping of the issue asap. That seemed fair enough to us both, and we left the hotel site to head to Hamilton for a good portion of our day, confident that when we returned back all would be well.

Upon our return-- same stains, same toilet paper still on the floor...by then I started to get the feeling maybe we were staying at a hotel big on prices and claims, and failing to deliver what they advertise and tout themselves as actually providing to their guests.

I placed a second call to Derek nicely alerting him to the fact that again the conditions remained the same. More apologies. And inquiries on his part about our dinner plans for the evening as he could comp us perhaps again, which in reality never happened.

Needless to say by then the writing was on the wall, no pun intended...

On the plus side, the Point restaurant was outstanding, great waitstaff, and beautifully appointed. And we really enjoyed a brief span of time at the pool, which was a high point, as were the staff that we met while there-- both Tom and Dangerous were terrific! And it might serve Rosewood well to send them down to the beach to teach the crew onsite there how it's done as we got zero service other than the young man who set up our umbrella and chairs the last day we were there. We bumped into the beach server while heading down the stairs onto the beach--and never saw him again. Finally at one point my husband went up to inquire about getting some drinks and could only find the one attendant who actually decided to stick around(the others were MIA), who it turned out was sound asleep literally kicked back in a chair. No attendant ever arrived, nor were any seen again. So no drinks to had.

Needless to say we left and decided instead to head to the pool next to the hotel, and were warmly welcomed and tended to by the professional, and friendly Dangerous & Tom while we were there. Both were strong points in what the hotel should be promoting there with their staff.

We knocked into Derek later on in the courtyard. Again very Gracious and very nice. But no inquiry or reference to the issues whatsoever, or whether or not they ad actually been rectified. Nor did we ever hear a word from Paul, the manager, or other management staff.

Honestly, at that juncture, it was obvious we were wasting our breath. I feel we gave management a fair chance to rectify things instead of saying nothing at all and just coming on here after the fact to complain.

So honestly at this point, I sincerely hope that Mr Telford will save the minute Or less it takes to post a boiler plate response on here telling me that he welcomes my call to discuss further our concerns, etc, as at this point not only would that be comical, but a bit insulting.

And it goes without saying--- fool me once shame on you....unless this hotel gets it's act together and takes it's customer base and claims seriously --- run the other way, and spend your money and vacation time elsewhere!

9  Thank rhodewarriors
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear "rhodewarriors,"

I am deeply concerned to hear about the issues you experienced while on property, and I certainly don't want this response to come off as "boiler plated."

I truly would like the chance to speak with you regarding your stay.

You can reach me at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com or you may give me a call at 441 298 4000.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I booked a Villa Deluxe Room for my daughter and I as an escape from our busy schedules, midway between our locations of Texas and the UK. Even thought it was "off season" the experience was more than wonderful! Weather was not hot but certainly sunny and worthy of a visit to the pristine beaches. The hotel is beautiful, luxurious and even in off season, well-staffed and accommodating. The room was luxurious, spacious with an enormous balcony which had not only a double sized lounge for sunning and reading but a cafe table and chairs with flawless intenet service for those who need to work while vacationing. The extra large bathroom and closet were a certain plus. The hotel is across the bay from the airport but I never heard engine roar or disturbance of any kind because its location. For those who are challenged with walking the Deluxe Villa rooms may prove difficult getting to the main hotel and the restaurants/spa/reception desk/concierge, however golf cart transport was always available from my room just by phoning the front desk. Taxis are very expensive and we traveled via public bus transportation with tokens purchased at the hotel into downtown Hamilton and to other island landmarks: Historic St. George and the East End plus the Crystal and Fantasy Caves. Mor than anything the island is small, friendly and very safe! I liked that the Rosewood was not in downtown. The price of the rooms were not yet inflated because of the presence of the America's Cup patronage. I think this is the best time to go to this hotel. It seemed fully staffed even though it was off season. The restaurants were busy and quite full considering the time of year. No hurricanes are scheduled to visit in this season!! Plus the airfare was extrordinarily reasonable from both the S.W. US and the UK!

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank 722ellene
Paul T, Managing Director at Rosewood Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear "722ellene,"

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay at Rosewood Tucker's Point, and we look forward to hosting you on many more visits to come.

Should you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Bermuda in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a beautiful facility but the service, especially at the front office, was repeatedly disappointing. including providing incorrect transit information and, on at least 3 occasions they did not follow through on things they said they would. It took half an hour for them to pick up our bags upon departure, and only then because we sent in a second request. As such, the staff were quite pleasant but rather unreliable. For this kind of money, we would expect more professional service.

Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank marybI1767FW

Dear "marybI1767FW,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to send this feedback regarding your recent visit to Rosewood Tucker's Point.

We are extremely sorry to hear that our resort did not meet your expectations. I would welcome the chance to speak with you in more detail, if possible. I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com or by telephone at 441.298.4000.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Paul Telford

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My family has a Golf Villa here which we visit frequently. Bermuda as a whole is one of our favorite places but Tucker's Point really makes it special. From the exclusivity at the Villas and the helpful staff there like JJ and James, to the amazing views at the pool, we absolutely love the Villas.

The main resort is wonderful. Service is amazing. The bar is such a unique and fun place to enjoy an after dinner drink and game of cards - very inviting and fits perfectly with the ambience of the resort. The pools are all great - peace and quiet on one end with a little more family at the other. We always love the croquet as well and hope it never leaves.

My wife and I both had spa treatments which were absolutely blissful. We were surprised when we learned that you can only access the spa (and it's somewhat minimal amenities) when paying for a treatment. This means if you're staying at the resort you're not automatically given access. Great treatments and service nonetheless.

And the best part... the beach. The amazing, private beach is perfect. We drive our golf cart down from the Villas and park right at the entrance. We're warmly greeted and then followed by some of the hardest working guys that are always eager to make sure you pick out the best spot on the beach. They setup lounge chairs, umbrellas, a table and a flag for you to raise when you're too lazy to walk to the bar. Its perfect.

Always sad to go home and ready to visit again. Thanks Tucker's Point for all you do.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear "VacaTime13,"

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Fourth time at Tuckers Point. Over a dozen times to Bermuda. Service was less than in previous visits. It felt more like a Disney trip than a relaxing vacation at a five star hotel. We love children but the amount of unruly, unsupervised children took away from the trip. Children running on top of/in the pool fountains. Children running around the beach restaurant, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kevin And Robin G

Dear "Kevin And Robin G,"

I am very sorry to hear about your latest experience with our hotel, and would welcome the chance to speak with you in more detail, if possible.

I can be reached via email at paul.telford@rosewoodhotels.com.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

One of our best trips ever. We tend to gravitate towards the 5 star locales and have very high expectations for the price tag that goes along with that.

The resort itself was gorgeous. Simply put. Immaculately kept. Room was large, clean and with an amazing ocean view (villas). Main building also gorgeous. Pool lovely. All restaurants we tried on the property were stellar (sur mer, sul verde, the point bar and restaurant). Food high quality.

Most notable was the service. Wow. People waited on us hand and foot, endeavored to learn both our names and usual orders and preferences. After the (expected) sunburn, a bell man offered to go to the pharmacy in town to get aloe gel for us and then come back. He initially declined me giving him cash to pay for it, but I insisted.

It has several pools and a private beach. All are clean and serviced by the friendliest people in the hospitality industry I have met.

Overall an amazing place to visit for our four day getaway. We're already planning our return trip here next year.

Dear "Matthew L,"

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor.

I am also glad to hear that we were able to mitigate the symptoms of your sunburn!

Warm Regards,

15.2 km away
Fairmont Southampton
Fairmont Southampton
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Rosewood Bermuda? Share your experiences!