Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,613 results
All reviewskids clubenvy restauranttea tree spapalms restaurantgarden accesskids eat freeone bedroom suitekids suitepool barkids menuihg memberpriority clubocean viewpublic beachbaruna balipool staffbig room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

VERY disappointed with the check in, where I was informed that I would be getting a Superior room while my IHG app showed the booking was for an Ocean View Deluxe Room.
That aside, I felt the entire thing was not handled professionally and swiftly that it exacerbated my frustration. The front desk staff called the reservation person, who in turn try to argue her case. At one point she even tried to accuse me of lying. The audacity...!
I finally got the Ocean View Deluxe room, but they made it as if they did me a favour. They later offered a complimentary breakfast as I was visibly upset by the entire episode.
I can tolerate less than perfect, older but clean rooms, for example. But when the staff member of the hotel fails to deliver courteous and professional service and try to engage into an argument with a guest, not to mention suggesting that the guest was lying, that was the END for me. Bali is full of beautiful hotels with excellent service, at a fraction of the price you pay at this hotel.
Considering I am an Elite member of IHG Rewards Club, this incident is a rub to the wound and makes me re-think my loyalty to this chain.

Lastly, the good things:
- location is decent, on the far south end of the Kuta beach, which quieter
- outside the hotel, within walking distance you'd find convenience stores, restaurants, spa, etc

Room Tip: high floor, ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi OdysseusNY!

It was our pleasure hosting your stay, and thanks for sharing your experience!

We are very particular in how our staff interact with our guests. This is why it concerns me that there's an issue with how our Front Desk staff handled your room type concern during check in. While it's good to know that you were eventually assigned to a Deluxe Ocean View room and offered complimentary breakfast, I'm still very sorry about the incident.

I'd like to learn more about what happened, so I sent you a private message for your reservation details. I look forward to hearing back from you.

On a more positive note, I'm happy that our location worked well for your love for the beach and convenience to other establishments.

A shout out to you for being an IHG Rewards Club elite member! We all hope to win back your heart and try us again.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Currently staying here with husband and 2 children (7 and 4 years). Like the reviews say, the staff make it. They’re all friendly and helpful and go out out of their way to assist.
We’re in a family room - kids have own bathroom and ps4, DVD player etc. Rooms are very spacious and housekeeping do a fantastic job everyday.
Pool big enough, it’s 1.4m deep but has shallow areas around it. Also has smaller baby pool to the side. Plenty of sun lounges and cabanas. Never a problem to get a lounge. Pool staff great and they also play games with the kids eg. Water polo, soccer on the grass area.
Breakfast has everything you need. Maybe not the choice of cereal as I’ve had in other hotels but that’s just being picky. They will make anything they don’t have on offer at the buffet for you.
My kids have enjoyed kids club. Staff are really friendly there. They have set activities/times. At 3pm they have a special activity you have to pay 50,000 for but it’s a small price.
Beer prices standard for resort but they have happy hour at pool 4pm and Envy 5pm.
Plenty of convenience stores/laundry as you walk out of hotel and turn right.
Lippo Mall about 10min walk and all along that strip are restaurants/shops etc. You can also walk along the beach way. We have often just grabbed a taxi to save our kids walking when it’s too hot or they’re tired.
Location is very close to airport and the hotel grounds are so well maintained. Will return!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this resort in the end of February 2018 with a group of about 90 guests and everything in this resort was something to get pleased with !! A well spread out property tucked away in the corner of Kuta Bali with a private beach ( baruna ) under it's access. Well appointed rooms with all rooms having an open air balcony and the ground floor rooms having a small courtyard. The breakfast is a well spread buffet and the hotel kitchen team were gracious enough to try their best and put some Indian items on the buffet since we were so many of us in a group. All in all a great experience and a sure shot great option for a stay of around 3 nights minimum. Try it !!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We only stayed here one night while on our way home from Raja Ampat. Wish we had found this resort earlier. Manicured grounds, several restaurants, and friendly staff ensured that we had a great stay even if it was just for one day.
The price for the day long stay was exceptionally inexpensive. The only downfall is that the surrounding area is not really attractive for families to walk around, but the resorts amenities can keep you busy enough.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stay one night for business. Check-in was swift and the staff really put in effort to make you feel welcome, even walking you to your room. Room was small and looks tired with cracked tiles and bathtub, but at least it looked into a gorgeous well-maintained garden. The breakfast spread was rather limited. Pool looks nice but did not have a chance to take a dip. Beach was dirty and the sand was coarse. Sleep was uncomfortable as they push 2 single beds together to make up a double. I had a better experience with Westin Hotel at Nusa Dua.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi m_vaderloo,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and room assigned to you. Also, I regret to learn that the cleanliness of our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Keep in mind that we are always trying our best to give a great assistance to our guests. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with any of our properties. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

On the upside, I'm delighted that you found the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have additional concerns, m_vaderloo!

All the best,