1,692 results
All reviews kids club envy restaurant tea tree spa palms restaurant garden access kids eat free kids suite pool bar one bedroom suite priority club ocean view kids menu ihg member baruna bali pool staff beach path big room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every year I stayed in this gorgeous hotel for business trip. So far my experience was very good. This year, they surprised me with the upgrade to junior suite. Spacious room, with bath tub outside, it made my stay even cozier..
I love their bale bengong, when you can relax, enjoy the view, reading a book or doing nothing like me :)
The food was also great. Breakfast with wide variety - from local taste to international; all with fresh ingredients , I love the variety of juices they provided.
The staff were excellent. They are so helpful - the security was so kind - helping me taking pictures at sunset.

Now let me tell you what made me so touched and feel that people should know about their service. When I checked out, I said I'll be back in late afternoon, to change my attire for a party before flying back. The receptionist offered me to take a shower at their spa, and right away made an appointment for me. It was a very generous gesture and really on point, they know what the customer needs and just do it without me asking. This is what I call going above and beyond of customer's expectation.

Thank you for taking such a good care of me while I was there, Holiday Inn :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nitasony
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed 3 nights at Holiday Inn Baruna during a recent 5 night break in Bali. Originally I booked a family suite (with the themed kids room), but on check-in we were given a free upgrade to a Studio Garden View Room. The room was lovely, although I was actually a little bit disappointed because the kids were really looking forward to their “special” room. Having ground floor access straight out into the garden was fantastic though and our room (#1143) was in a nice quite part of the resort (rather that near the pool which is the busiest area).

I was a little worried when I saw the resort was so close to the airport, but I was pleasantly surprise on the 2nd day when I realised that I hadn’t heard a single plane. The only time I saw or heard one was when we took a walk on the beach and even then we only really heard it when it touched down.

The resort grounds are beautiful, lots of big palms, green grassy areas gardens. All of the staff were so lovely too. The pool area is beautiful but competition for sun lounges and cabana’s can be fierce!

One of the main reasons I booked here was it catered well for families with kids. There is a kids club, but I think it may have been being revamped (there was a sign saying “sorry we don’t normally look like this”). In the end the kids just wanted to play in the pool anyway!

The Palms restaurant has a great kids menu that my kids loved (and they are pretty fussy). Kids also get their meal free if an adult is having a main meal. I was really impressed with the variety of the menu and the number of vegetarian options (often hard to find in Kuta). The serves were not huge, but still enough and everything was fresh and really tasty. The prices were very affordable too (drinks were a little pricey though, pretty much the same as home). We were also really impressed with their breakfast buffet. We ate one night in their fancier restaurant Envy, but actually I much preferred Palms.

Tea Tree Day Spa is a little on the expensive side for Bali, although still much cheaper than Australia. It was absolutely beautify though and I would say probably the best spa experience I’ve ever had. Each treatment room is its own separate little hut so you feel like you’re the only one there. Everything was so clean and beautifully presented. My massage with Asih was absolutely perfect in every way, from the perfectly prepared foot washing ritual to how quietly she moved around the room. I was drifting in and out of a dream the whole time!

There were 3 or 4 spas/salons on the main road just up from the resort that looked promising and were about a 1/4 of the price. I didn’t get the chance to try them out though, and it would have been pretty hard to beat Tea Tree.

The resort is also easy walking distance to several mini-marts, a little laundry and other little shops where you can stock up on water etc. It’s also walking distance or short taxi ride to Lippo Mall and Discovery Plaza.

The only things I was disappointed with were a couple of things in the room itself:
The air con was really loud and not all that effective. It took a good day to cool the room right down and it was actually hard to sleep because of the sound.
The kids had bunk beds tucked away in a small room next to the main room, but the sliding door and vents in the top of the wall to let air through meant it wasn’t completely separate and the light and noise coming through from the main room made it a bit hard for them to fall asleep to begin with. It didn’t get good airflow either as it didn’t have its own air con vent.
The shower was a kind of open plan set up, but the floor wasn’t graded quite right to drain the water away fully. This meant the floor stayed wet and slippery and there was a puddle most of the time right in front of the bath. One of my kids slipped over trying to get in.

Having said that, I really enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn Baruna. I would definitely consider returning and I was sad when it was time to leave. In hind sight I wish we had stayed there for our whole trip.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are quieter but still convenient to the pool. Room 1143 has really loud A/C.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Joni T
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We visited HolidayInn Baruna in October 2018. The rooms were spotless, the pool lovely and clean and plenty of lounges. The pool bar was great. The staff were very helpful, starting from when we arrived. Ita was very helpful at check in. A very special mention to Ben at breakfast who went above and beyond and also gave all the kids ice cream vouchers before we left.
Thanks holiday inn. Sharona

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Such a beautiful resort, nice and quiet on the beach...Staff are all great, very friendly. Envy Restaurant is amazing, but a tad expensive...very kid friendly and would stay here again. However there if you have children, it is a bit of a walk to most markets, shoppping centres etc, so keep that in mind

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Overall this is a great resort, the location so close to the airport is excellent! It is also walking distance to Lippo Mall and Discovery Kartika Plaza. There is only 1 pool and no lifeguard on duty, there is also no slide for kids, so if you have bigger kids this may be a problem.
Breakfast was really nice although the Palms restaurant itself is very hot, so would not recommend dining there for lunch or dinner, Envy however is up higher so gets a nice breeze.
The Spa facility is very expensive but there is a great spa in the building across the road that is very cheap and excellent!
That same building also has a rooftop restaurant that that is reasonably priced (better than hotel) and also gets a great breeze so is a lot cooler than eating in the hotel and not too far to go with kids.
If you are travelling with small children dont take a side by side double pram as it will not fit in the elevator, we had a double top and bottom and it only just fit!
There are great mini marts and laundry facilities our on the street so no need to pay hotel prices.
Overall a great place to stay in a great location.

Room Tip: We had a kids suite - it was great for access to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family