“A great very quiet hotel ideal for solo lady guest- fantastic spa facilities”
Review of Green Garden

Green Garden
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
Mandurah, WA6210
“A great very quiet hotel ideal for solo lady guest- fantastic spa facilities”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed here on my own for 5 nights while my husband was away in the UK- I was apprehensive but everything was great at the hotel and I felt very safe. I had a huge ground floor room which was right in front of the lovely pool - most days I was the only one there as I presume the other guests were all out on trips. I had massages and spa packages everyday which were fantastic and I loved just relaxing and being pampered which was why I went.The staff were great and I shall go again.

Room Tip: No lift so ask for a lower/ground floor room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank hyacinth44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
Albany, Western Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I travel to Bali with a friend least once a year and I always stay at the Green Garden Resort and Spa. The staff are always extremely friendly and welcoming and treat us as friends, not clients. The rooms are very large and the upstairs ones have a wonderful balcony to sit at and enjoy the night air. They have a large fridge so it is easy to keep your drinks/food cold. The bathrooms are large and spacious. I love the pool as it is long enough to swim laps in, and as children under 15 are not welcome, you don't get splashed or have to put up with noisy kids. It is an easy walk along the beach pathway to Kuta or an 'interesting' walk along the road. I highly recommend this hotel. Helen Albany, WA

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank HelenW59
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I loved this little hotel. Added advantage is they don't accept children under 15. There are only 12 rooms but they are clean, tidy with their own room safe. The restaurant does some great food and we ate here quite a few times. While you are out of the heart of Kuta it is only a 10 minutes walk either along the beach or up Kartika Plaza til you reach the hub of Kuta. We had a wonderful spa package and the staff were just wonderful. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lorrienne H
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We stayed at the hotel for two nights prior to travelling to Amed and back down to Sanur. The check in process was smooth; staff were friendly and polite during our stay. Our room 301 was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Sleep quality is good and you would not know that the airport is close. Bathroom was very nice but we had no hot water for the two nights, just tepid, which given the climate, was only just ok, a fast shower lol. The pool is very nice and spa / massage area is clean and tidy. Meals at the hotel were very nice, with a good range of breakfast included. We used the hotel as a base to check out other accommodation for future trips and it suited the purpose well, tucked away at the end of the Tuban/Kuta strip, it is quiet. Walking the footpaths in the area is very dangerous, they were the worst we have encountered and felt sorry for people with prams and the elderly. I think the South Kuta business association needs to lift its game in that regard, walking from Kuta Square south is dangerous, then as you get to the road leading to the beach to get to the Green Garden Beach Hotel, it’s even worse!
I gather from talking to some other guests that many are repeat customers, I can see the attraction as it is a nice quiet hotel that is far enough from the noise of the Kuta strip, but close enough to enjoy it. The hotel ticks most boxes for us but not all. The beach area is not as good as further up, but again the hotel provides a good base to explore the strip.

Room Tip: Get 1st or 2nd floor. Hot water issues on 3rd
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
greenbali, General Manager at Green Garden, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Dear Stoffa,

Thanks for taking time to review the hotel and on behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you for staying with us and rating the hotel’s cleanliness and service as EXCELLENT while its location, rooms and service quality being VERY GOOD. Although I noticed that you liked our staff being friendly & polite and the hotel’s location being nice & quiet, you had disappointment with street foot paths in South Kuta and the hot water in your room.

Unfortunately you only stayed for 2 days and did not raise your hot water concern to the hotel manager or the housekeeping staff. Soon after reading the TripAdvisor's revie, we checked several rooms on different floors for the hot water and found the followings:

1. During the rush shower hours (08.00-09.30 and 17.30-19.00), with the tap in full swing to the hot side, 33 degree C is reached within 2 minutes and the temperature will rise up to 40 degree C in approx 4 minutes.
2. The required time to reach such desired temperature range is much faster outside the rush hours with maximum heat up to 45 degree Celcius.
3. The above temperature & speed are pretty much similar from room to room on different floor locations (including those on the lower floors).
4. Normal water temperature in Kuta Beach ranges from 21 to 25 degrees Celcius (without heater between July and September, the water temperature can be 3 degrees lower).

For a more comfortable shower, we'd suggest guests with such hot water issue to turn the shower tap all the way to the red mark (indicating hot water) and let the water run until your desired temperature is reached. You might like to do this while brushing your teeth or other personal activities during the rush shower hours.

Kindly be reminded that hot water is only available through bath/shower tap. Hot water does not run in our wash basin tap and toilet spray.

Foot or pedestrian paths along the streets of South Kuta are indeed in bad shape at the moment due to the DSDP projects (Denpasar Sewage Development Program). This environmental project has been conducted since 2 years ago along all streets in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and will be completed by end of this year hopefully (at least in South Kuta area). At the moment, the pedestrian paths are uneven and sometimes dirty. The hotels have been clearing their front paths individually but apparently our efforts are not enough as new construction works keep occurring. The local authority and business associations have filed complaints to the DSDP contractors and the upcoming new hotels due to their messy works; although follow ups are present, results are still far below our expectation at this stage. Nevertheless, as soon as their works are completed, we will have much better drainage systems and centralized sewage treatment all around Kuta. After additional new hotels and shopping mall along Jalan Kartika Plaza are fully completed at end of this year, South Kuta Beach will transform itself to a tidier and modern Bali village with lots of activities to choose from. Unfortunately until then, we will have to deal with localized visual/noise disruptions from time to time especially on the major streets.

We look forward to be of service to you again on your next Bali holiday and hopefully we can meet in person. Thanks.

Paulus Wibowo
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This was a holiday I couldn't really afford but needed to get away so I was looking at spending a lot on a hotel, but being my 8th visit to Bali and usually staying in 5 star hotels I wasn't about to slum it either.

This hotel ticked all of the boxes and I had a fantastic time. the rooms where huge, the pool was nice and quiet and the spa was one of the nicest I have been to! it was perfect to relax in and being such a small complex there were no children screaming or splashing in the pool perfect to read and nap by. the food was basic but extremely yummy and there was access to the beach across the road which made a lovely walk.

I almost did not want to write a review because I didn't want my new found secret exposed! but if your after a few days of relaxation with the bussell a short walk away, this is your place! cheap, clean spacious rooms, good food and top noch spa.

do not confuse this with the other Green Garden which is not as nice.

• Stayed March 2011
sydney
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This is our 2nd time staying at the Green Garden and won't be our last. Staff here are the most lovely, helpful and happy people you will meet anywhere.
I, without thinking, left my bag in on a chair in the restaurant upstairs. On returning to my room thought I had lost everything, credit cards, cash, drivers license. Went back up to the restaurant to see if I could ring the taxi company as I thought I may have left it in a cab coming back from the shops. One of the staff, Adi, from the restaurant saw how distraught I was and quickly informed me another staff memeber had found my bag and they had kept it at reception for me. Needless to say everything intact.
Rooms are spotlessly cleaned every day and the spa services are wonderful. Granted, they are more expensive than on the street but the quality of the massages etc is far superior.
We will definately choose to stay here again as the location is great and the staff are so friendly and helpful. Also no kids at this hotel which is another big plus for us!
Big hello to Henry, Adi, Wira and everyone at Green Garden.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor, right next to the pool!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Delva
Malaysia
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I don't know where are the rave review comes from. Its not even on par with Bali has to offer.

Arriving : With every details check in and flight info was given, they are not even prepare with our arrival. We have to carry 3-4 bags ourself into the lobby area which in 1 floor of the restaurant. We have to buy drinks at their restaurant before they served our welcome drinks. Very bad and inattentive service.

Room : We have to climb into 4th floor and no lift here! Everytime back from Kuta or sightseeing, you could imagine how tired you are. Room was spacious but I warned you, they stick warning signboard everywhere in the room. Aircond turnoff, no shirt on fence, smoking etc etc etc warning signboard everywhere which I found its too lame and unprofessional conduct. They are trying to decorate Balinese style themself which turn ugly decorating, and I don't feel Balinese at all. Cheap furniture was used which makes the bed frames sound when you sleep.

Their pool was lovely and boast some privacy. Breakfast quality was mediocre and same things every morning which makes me sick of it. Room service almost nothing and they always gives lame excuses like "our restaurant staff are busy right now". If you ask something on peak our, sorry they will not entertain until half past ten at night. I found location of this hotel also are not very good. Near big trash dump.

Sorry, this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
greenbali, General Manager at Green Garden, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear Mr Putraskyline

First of all, on behalf of all the staff and management, I would like to thank you for staying at Green Garden Beach Resort. Despite your disappointment with the hotel’s room, location and service, I appreciate that you have rated the hotel VERY HIGHLY on its Cleanliness and Sleep Quality in your review.

Your booking was made through an online agent by your partner 5 months ago for 5-night accommodation in February (instead of March 2011). After checking through all your booking correspondence, I found that our reservation staff had reminded your partner in November that the hotel did not provide any pick-up service from airport. We also suggested you to take an airport taxi after your arrival at Denpasar Airport (including location of the taxi counter and its fixed fare to the hotel). Your room had actually been readily available from 2 pm although your flight arrival was reported to be 3.30 pm.

Our receptionists and waiters were surprised to find that you were carrying your bags to the reception straight after disembarking from your taxi. As explained to you upon registration, being a casual small resort, we do not have bell boys standing by at the hotel entrance to welcome arriving guests. Instead, simply call out and the waiters will come down to assist you with your bags up to the reception. To anticipate “shy” guests in future, an electronic bell for arrival will soon be placed in front of our café (thanks for your review).

In your booking order, dated on 12 Nov 2010, a top floor room with king bed was requested by your partner and our reservation managed to allocate your room accordingly after moving other guests around. The hotel is a 4-storey building without any lift and such hotel lay out is outlined in the official website. Unfortunately after you checked in, we learned that you were not happy with climbing stairs and preferred a lower floor room but the room change was not feasible as other rooms were already booked out.

Bed frame in the room is made from antique handcrafted teak timbers. If the bed squeaks (frequent vigorous activities often make the bolts of the bed frame lose), please immediately report it to the hotel and the engineering will be deployed to fix it (it does not take long to fix). Unfortunately such problem was not reported until the end of your stay.

We are sorry that breakfast selection was unfortunately limited during your stay as we were not ready with halal/moslem food. We have however taken this issue seriously and made necessary adjustments with the kitchen team. Improvement on the breakfast set menus has been implemented as from 1 April 2011 with more selections and larger serving size.

Such hiccups would not have happened if attention to details was observed prior to your arrival and that problems were communicated to the management directly during your stay instead of waiting to the end of your stay. After all, hotel details and its facilities are extensively outlined in the official website. Moving rooms to suit special requests after arrival is indeed a challenge especially when hotel occupancy is tight. Presumption for easy fix after arrival usually leads to a disappointment.

Again, thank you for taking time for this review. Your feed-back and ideas are very important to us and can only help us to improve for others and for your future visits here as well. Please let us know if we have overlooked anything in our efforts to please you. If any of the hotel staff was especially helpful, please tell us who they are so that we can formally recognize them, in-house.

Paulus Wibowo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
0.4 km away
0.2 km away
Rama Beach Resort and Villas
0.4 km away
Ramada Bintang Bali Resort

Been to Green Garden? Share your experiences!