“Service staff is great, food is okay”
Review of La Chouette

La Chouette
Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Les Menuires
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Spent quite some time here as the internet connectivity is good (and great wifi ;)). The staff is very kind. The kitchen staff was much less friendly though and the chef was shouting at the servers all the time. Food not bad though.

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant regularly in early December when the resort opens for the winter season. The welcome is always friendly and the prices modest. The food is very good with a wide selection to suit all tastes.

Recommended

Reviewed March 7, 2017

Sit at the bottom of slopes, inside or out, and watch the world go by. Food is good value and portion sizes match. Staff very friendly and helpful if you're not sure

Reviewed January 15, 2017

I visited La Chouette in Les Menuires based on recommendation of my friends, visiting this restaurant before. I have to admit, that my request was not quite standard - asking for local food, but no fondue, raclette, tartiflette, as I had problem to digest it in Switzerland (Gstaad) before. I would have expected some light meals like the duck/ deers / boars with berries, mushrooms, or similar - finally I got recommendation for steak with foie gras sauce (typicall Savoyean one). When ordering this, I have got an information that they do not have foie gras sauce :-( Except of above, the information about the wine served was quite poor for French Restaurant and the knife was blunt, so I have finished eating my fillet de boeuf completely cold. I am not sure if I want come to this restaurant anymore, there must be plenty better ones.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

Catered for 19 people really efficiently. Some of us popped back for lunch the next day as well. Varied menu, lots of choice which was ideal for a large group. Food presented attractively and the service was splendid. Good area for eating outside too.