“Not Up to Sonic Standard”
Review of Sonic Drive-In

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sonic Drive-In
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Merkel
Description: Experience unique, drive-in dining with made-to-order food and more than 1.3 million drink combinations.
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Easy access on off I-20. Service person was very good and had a great smile. Hamburger and fries were OK, but not great. Chicken strips were marginal at best.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2016

I stopped in Merkel, TX to get a bite to eat and once I took the exit off of I -20 it didn't take long to find this Sonic along the service road. Service was good. I like the extensive menu they have at Sonic, and that it is not expensive. Before long I was back on the interstate again heading west. This Sonic compares favorably to the other Sonics I have visited through the years.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 2, 2015

Absolutely terrible in every way. Slow service, due to the employees loitering about talking instead of working; rude behavior behind the windows (I can read your lips, insulting people because they can't hear you.) Oh. I also saw you dip your HANDS into the ice. Disgusting. Will NEVER deign to go to another Sonic again.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed January 13, 2015

Were stranded over new year's 2015.This was one of the only places open and they extended their hours over the holiday to accommodate the people in the local motel. Fabulous milkshakes. We go out of our way for a Sonic milkshake now- lol

Date of visit: January 2015

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!