“Business Trip Feels Like Home”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I travel often to Mesquite - Texas to visit one of our company facilities and have been staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Mesquite. The rooms and breakfast area have been nicely remodeled, the hotel is close to many restaurants and mall. The staff is friendly, they make me feel at home with friends. There is a lady by the name of Salvation, she is sweet, caring, always smiling and eager to help, she makes my stay extra special and I am very appreciative of her attention. Thanks to the staff for making me feel at home especially this week when I was not well and a extra special thanks to Salvation for looking after me.

Room Tip: Walaking distance to many restaurants
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I am a "Platinum Elite Lifetime" member with Marriott. That is the top 1% of Marriott members. I stay at a lot of Marriott's. About 198 a year. So I would say that I can give a very honest review. this Fairfield was very attentive to my request. Extra towels and extra feather pillows were already in the room when I arrived.Everything else that you would want in service from a hotel like Fairfield was "over the top" at this hotel. from check-in to check-out it was some of the best service I have had from Fairfield in awhile. Not that Fairfield doesn't give good service, they all do....but this location was over the top GREAT!! actually, I have stayed at the Courtyard a few blocks away many times, and from now on, I will stay at this Fairfield

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel was being renovated when we visited this month and it was not much of a distraction. Our room had a strong odor when we walked in but I think it may have been fresh paint.

The chair in the room was rather small so when sitting in it I felt like I was in the middle seat on an airplane.

The food on the breakfast bar was good and the area was clean.

I had requested some extra amenities via the Marriott app and they must not have been available because they never showed up.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Stayed here for a week while attending training at Eastfield College. They've pretty well finished all of the renovations - and it shows. Nice improved look to the place. My room was perfectly adequate with reasonably fast Wi-Fi. Good breakfast. Good rates.

If you are sensitive to traffic noise you might want to be certain that you are not on the end of the building that fronts 635. These are the higher numbered rooms. If this is the case, go for one of the lower numbered rooms. Next time I'm in this area and need a place to stay I will return.
Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We checked in late, around 8pm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The manager on duty was Thyme(?). She told us that she could not accommodate a king bed, on the third floor as we requested when we booked. She was very pleasant though.
We ended up on the second floor. The room faced the freeway even though we requested a "quiet" room. The room smelled musty. Bed was comfortable and pillows were great. So great that I asked 2 separated employees how to go about buying one and no one could tell me.
Strange on/off ramps to the freeway made it less than ideal to get around easily.
We had to leave early on a Saturday morning so checked out around 6am. Too early for their free breakfast which was unfortunate. I think it starts at 7am on Saturdays. However, when we did check out there were several employees just sitting around in the dark in the breakfast area. Very strange.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Dear Fencelover,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite. Please accept my apologies that your stay wasn't everything you had hoped for. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that future guests don't have the same experience. I also apologize that no one was able to tell you where to buy our pillows. You can actually go to www.shopfairfieldinn.com and purchase them there. I hope that we can have another chance to impress you if you ever find yourself back in the area.

Aurora B.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This is a nice, pleasantly clean hotel, but it if you're accustomed to a more detailed modern 4, 5star hotel, this is not it. To be under the Marriot name, I wa quite disappointed.

Pros-Clean, great locations for shopping, restaurants, bars.

Cons- Walls are paper thin. I was awaken several time throughout the night with odd noises and bumping. The rooms, walls carpet, bathroom, flooring are all outdated.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear CeCe1326,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite. We are glad that you enjoyed our great location, complimentary breakfast and clean rooms. I do apologize that our decor did not meet your expectations. We are actually scheduled to begin updates next month. I'm sure this will address your concerns. We hope you will be our guest again once our updates are complete if not before.

Aurora B.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Great location in Mesquite. Close to food and shopping by foot. Polite staff. Clean facility. Normal rooms and breakfast. Wifi out and this was disappointing. Parking adequate and secure. Indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple