Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$88
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
travelup.com
3,077 results
All reviews villa marina snack bar bar staff minute walk to the beach bingo pools entertainment holiday entertainers cleaners laugh portaventura
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2019

Went for 10 days this June. Hotel was well up to standard with all staff very pleasant.
All meals very good and always warm. Entertainment was reasonable.
Only downside,, or it would have been 5 star. Pools not big enough for the amount of guests and pool refreshment s were not available at the front pool until lunch time.
A very nice holiday overall.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank robertbarcay
VillaMarinaSalou, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

From the team here in the Villamarina thank you for your feedback, it is great to know you Had an enjoyable time whilst here with us. and found the staff and the food to be of a good standard. Our sincere apologies you felt the pools where a little on the small side and appreciate that like many hotels when at full occupancy they can become very busy, this is something we will take in to consideration when any major changes are to be made to the hotel. The main bar does open at 10am for drinks prior to the pool bar opening
Thank you for not letting this point spoil your overall enjoyment whilst you were here.
Kind regards
Villamarina team

Reviewed November 22, 2019

When I decided to travel to Salou, I couldn't help but notice the raving reviews for this Hotel and many returning guests which made me think - they must be doing something right! I did trawl through the negative reviews but decided to take them with a pinch of salt as sometimes there is no pleasing some people! I deeply regret coming here...

On arrival, I was greeted by a lovely lady at reception who welcomed me and gave me a map of the area and told me how to get to the beach. I went to my room which was beside a cleaning store and although very small, I was initially pleased. I went to open the curtains and didn't realise my room was above the bar area, so everyone sitting below suddenly looked up as I pulled back the curtains. I felt a bit like how the pope probably feels when addressing a crowd at the Vatican. It's a good job I was clothed when opening the curtains as I didn't expect that at all! Needless to say, the curtains stayed closed for the rest of the holiday.

On closer inspection, the bedding/pillows were not clean, the towels were off white and stained in places. The balcony was super small. I tried to remain positive and discovered the TV on the wall was all in Spanish and if you wanted the luxury of controlling your TV from the camp bed (I'll get to that in a moment) you had to pay a 10 Euro deposit at reception for a remote control.

The sliding door to the bathroom was not fit for purpose as you could easily see through the gaping sides which meant there was little privacy. The reason there was not a proper door to the toilet is because the room is simply too small. I have seen bigger prison cells. I laughed when I seen the size of the bath but it was more nerves made me laugh as I can assure you I didn't find it funny! You would struggle to bathe a child. There was what I would call a "slimline" window over the bath with a dirty crack up the glass. Then to my horror it had the dreaded shower curtain. The space to shower was soo small that any time you stretched a limb out to wash yourself, the shower curtain molested you. I have been touched by that shower curtain in areas I would rather not have been touched to be honest. After it stuck to me several times I decided to just shower without the curtain. It did mean the floor got really wet but I used one of the dirty towels to soak up any water. Speaking of towels - apart from being off white and stained in places, they smelled like they have been sitting in a musty cupboard for months. I started to wonder how the glass above the bath got cracked and believe some poor soul must have been molested by the shower curtain and they tried to escape. If the window was a little bit bigger, I would have been hanging out of it to shower in an effort to avoid the awful curtain. What I will say is the curtain was not black or mouldy, but still...no one wants it touching them do they? They did have a soap dispenser on the wall but there was a dead insect inside it so I used my own products.

To get to the toilet you need not be overweight. I weigh 11 Stone and had to walk sideways past the huge sink to get the the toilet. which was clean. There was long hairs on the floor which did not come from me but that was the least of my concerns. There appeared to be similar long hairs on the bed sheets and pillows.

I decided to try out the snack bar and when I didn't see any poster or sign as to what they serve, I decided to ask the barman if he had a menu. The response I got wasn't very polite and he basically said if I want a menu I can go to the restaurant. As I still had no idea what I could request at the snack bar I decided to do just that.

There are many good reviews about how great the food was and how they cater for fussy eaters so I was looking forward to trying the food! The first night I had a plate of cold chips. Poor right? The dessert was some sort of cake which hadn't quite thawed out yet. Overall I wouldn't rate the food very high. There was a few meals I did have that were warm and ok but it was very much hit and miss. I seen other guests microwave meals towards the end of my holiday but I didn't bother. There was one night I found the selection so poor I put my plate back and went to the bar instead on an empty stomach. I guess the food is down to ones own taste and it certainly wasn't to mine. Breakfast was probably the meal I enjoyed most only because it was the hottest. Sausage, scrambled eggs and toast was my breakfast for the duration. I have seen reviews slating the all inclusive spirits and how they are watered down. I didn't feel at all tipsy so judge that for yourselves. The cocktails are a nice touch for all inclusive but none of them taste like they should. The amount of flies around the restaurant is just unacceptable, you may as well be sitting outside.

On the first night I woke with a sore back because the camp style bed was so uncomfortable. I then woke a short time later because it sounded like my bathroom was flooding. I quickly realised it was just the noise the drains made when someone above me used their toilet. It was unbelievably loud! You would have thought someone was having a shower in my room! Throughout the trip, the camp bed woke me several times because of the screeching noises it made when you turned in your sleep. I could hear other guests beds screeching so accepted this was just the way they are. The drains woke me one night and shortly afterwards I heard someone pass wind. I was rather alarmed and thought that was was a bit too close, I started to wonder if there was anyone under my camp bed but quickly realised no one could possibly fit! I called out "hello" and even in Spanish but no one answered me. A short time later there was a loud thud and I couldn't work out if it came from the window ledge or above me...I was concerned someone fell through their camp bed and could only hope they wouldn't come through the ceiling and land on top of me. At the moment and time I really wished I knew some Spanish swear words on the off chance I would have to use them.

The pool areas are just off the street/front entrance and appeared rough but I never went close enough to give a good enough review. I heard staff hose down the area in the early hours one night which woke me. I initially thought it was wind and rain and discovered it was staff when I went outside in the hope any wind would sweep me away from the awful place! With my room being above the bar, the noise was shocking. For all the size of the entertainment area, there was really no need for the speakers to be up so loud. The entertainers did seem to do a good job and I can see how people with young kids are huge fans. Each night there was the same theme and music and it was all so loud I could've easily have played bingo in my room with the door closed. I took a walk through other areas and the noise was also noticeable. I used headphones to drown out the noise most nights until the entertainment stopped. The noise from guests went on for a short time after. The security at night at the front desk was the most pleasant staff I encountered.

I was told a taxi was the only way to get to PortAventura but decided to walk and got there in just over 20 minutes. The beach was lovely and its where I decided to spend a lot of my time as I didn't rate the Hotel very highly. Its about a 10 minute walk to the beach.

This was booked as a relaxing get away but the anxiety it caused has left me looking for another holiday. English families seemed to be the biggest guests at the Hotel with one English man who was wasted asked where I was from and decided to shout across the bar - "oi oi lads, don't annoy this Paddy or he will f*#king bomb us all! I appreciate the hotel is only 3 star but in my own opinion, that is debatable! At the very least I would have expected a comfortable bed and decent shower and it didn't even have that! I will upload pictures and videos to back up my review when I get a chance. I did post this review on Travel Republic when I got home but they did not publish it.

This was one of the only holidays where I couldn't wait to get home. Maybe I'm being too critical? I am really upset at the money it cost. In comparison I booked a Hotel last year in Benidorm that was for 1 week, 4 star all inclusive. It was almost £100 cheaper than what I paid for the Villa Marina and faultless!

I appreciate this Hotel will still appeal to some people and that's fine, but it's not for me. If you go and don't enjoy it you can't say you haven't been warned!

5  Thank brads9876

Thank you for taking the time to write your review the hotel appreciates positive and negative feedback in order to make the necessary changes where required and if possible so we can continue to offer a great 3* all-inclusive family product.
Our 3* all inclusive ‘product in general does receive positive feedback from guests and scores highly with tour companies for our food and entertainment, we can appreciate however our product may not appeal to all, and would like to take this opportunity in responding to some points you have made.
It is great to know you was given a nice welcome and all the information you needed to know when you checked in.
Our apologies you were not satisfied with your room. If requested we could have investigated a different room for you with a different location / view, different style bed and different bathroom layout.
There are many channels on the television which you can change them back to the English language apologies you were not aware of this, the deposit for the remote is refundable and given back on check out.
The hotel advises all tour companies the bath size with many stating quatre bath on their description along with Juliet style balcony our apologies if this information was not given to you prior to travel, you will have also seen this mentioned in many reviews having read through them that the balconies are small. We also advertise the hotel is 100% to the UK and Irish market.
The snack bar is self service i.e. , burgers, chips, pizza, hotdogs etc, therefore can clearly see what you can choose from, apologies you found this staff member not attentive and will be sure to speak with him, however to ensure this is a miss understanding if you asked for menu, and has automatically presumed you are wanting something more than what the snack var has to offer.
The food temperatures on the buffet are monitored on every service, and comply with all regulations, apologies you found it cold on some occasions.
The food in general does receive positive feedback and apologies this was not for you as we do try to ensure we are offering something for everyone and are always open to feedback.
The management are constantly around the hotel and especially on the restaurant door, I can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to bring your concerns and upset to them, as some of you points could have been rectified whilst you was here with us.
Once again, our sincere apologies the Villamarina was not the holiday destination for you and thank you for your feedback
Anyone with any concerns with regards to this review please do not hesitate to contact us
Kind regards
Villamarina

Reviewed October 18, 2019

We stayed at this hotel the last week it was open before the planned refurbishment and it's long overdue the entire building was tired and dated but saying that the saving grace was the staff from reception to the cleaners they were always pleasant and helpful and the food was really good and plenty to choose from.

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't look on to the trees as they restrict the light in the room.
1  Thank Frederick G
VillaMarinaSalou, Gerente at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review following your recent visit to our Hotel. I am delighted to read that found our staff to be welcoming and efficient together with the food being to your expectations. On the other hand i am sorry to hear that you found the hotel dated. We are aware that some areas of the hotel are in need of refurbisment however we believe they are still in perfect working order and match the 3 star category of the hotel.
Thank you very much for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.
Best wishes from all of us.

Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the villa marina for 5 days. Great hotel if you have kids as you couldn’t ask for better entertainment, I felt it had a holiday camp feel. Not great for a couple without children!
We were delighted for the roof top adults only area. Daytime it opens at 10, 2 jacuzzis and a bar. Night time again it’s adults only which had a singer on twice in the 5 days stay.
Restaurant - meals were ok, plenty of choice. Service staff cleaning up very quickly. Parents allowing children to serve themselves without supervision is annoying.
Bar in main area - drinks served in small plastic cups unless you pay extra for top shelf (branded) drinks. 2 drinks per person unless your face fits and you can get more. Hot drinks available all day at self serve.
Rooms - we were in the outer block near children’s play area on lower floor. Absolutely DISGUSTING, the smell was horrendous, did not take clothes out of case as would NOT have hung anything in the wardrobe. Drinks and cigarettes being thrown from above onto balcony.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wetherellfamily
VillaMarinaSalou, Gerente at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. Villa Marina is a 3-star all-inclusive family hotel that claims to be a very good value for money, and I agree that the hotel clientele are mainly families with children as advertised. However, couples visit us also every year and seem to have a good time. It is great to hear you enjoyed thr atmosphere of our adults only area and enjoyed the food too. I am disappointed to hear about the issue with your hotel room. If we had been aware of it we could have moved you to another room. We will really apprecited if you can email us with your details so we can investigate further and make sure that the isssue it is rectified. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. With regards to the plastic cups, Villa Marina is a very busy all inclusive hotel which means a great amount of drinks serve everyday and we believe this is the safest way in such a busy evioroment. However. if you wish to be serve in a glass you can always asked the bar staff for it. Especially at night time. I am sorry for any upset this may have caused you. Thank you very much again for your feedback and we hope to welcomne you back in the future.
Best wishes from all of us.

Reviewed October 10, 2019

My husband, 4 year old son and myself arrived at this hotel on the 11/10/18. We booked as it was advertised as a family friendly hotel and looking at the hotel pics it looked ideal. They say you can’t polish a turd- well they certainly did a good job here for those pictures!!
We arrived and within the hour we had already decided we weren’t staying- this is what we seen. Our room wasn’t the biggest, no problem though as long as it’s clean- it wasn’t!! Hair, dirt all over the floor, filthy bedding and what looked like blood in the bath. The pool area and kids play area was filthy also and full of trip hazards what with holes in the soft top flooring with bits of hair that had got trapped amongst it.
As we had had a long day we decided to go for something to eat at the hotel. The plates were disgusting as was the food. It was hot dogs for lunch that day. The hot dogs were swimming in a pool of grease and looked like they had been sat there for a day or two.
The other guests looked as though they wouldn’t be out of place on an episode of Jeremy Kyle. Smoking, clearly very drunk and swear words being their main form of communication with each other. We witnessed one guest grab his young son out of the pool, smack him across the backside whilst calling him a little c**t!!
We went and complained at reception and were told that if we didn’t want to sit by the pool with our son, we could go and visit a soft play area that was a two minute walk from the hotel and would cost us €5 for an hour there. Yep we have paid to stay at your hotel and you advise us to go to a soft play?!
After this we complained to our tour operator who organised for us to move hotels. Best decision we made!
All in all a horrendous, expensive mistake booking this hotel and if I could give it minus stars I would.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank LilaSuttie
VillaMarinaSalou, Gerente at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on trip advisor your comments and feedback are very important to us, we read every single one of them, take the feedback and we make changes where possible. Villa Marina is a 3-star all-inclusive family hotel that claims to be a very good value for money. We also are a very sociable hotel and we do have families from Uk and Ireland visiting us every year and most of the time there is a great family atmosphere around the hotel. Nevertheless, we understand that some people will not like the hotel maybe because of different expectations. Please accept my apologies if you witnessed any incident that may have upset you. Such problems are few and far between and as soon as we are made aware of any disturbance, would always react to it and resolve the matter as soon as possible. I am sorry to hear about the respond you received from our staff at reception regarding your complaint. I personally cannot comment on this specific incident as i was not the manager in 2018. However, this will be investigated, addressed and make sure it does not happen again. Our customer service standards fall way below what you have experienced. We are disappointed also to hear about the standard of cleanliness you encountered in your hotel room. Thank you very much again for your feedback and my sincere apologies that Villa Marina was not what you expected.