We have just returned from a great week's family holiday at the Calypso - great fun, great company, great atmosphere, great value and fabulous staff..
The good points
1. The staff were charming and the dining room staff in particular fussed over our two (delightful) grandsons.
2. Bar service was very good - Jose at the pool bar was a gem (though Manuel was less cheery).
3. The restaurant buffet food was good; we were on the Queen Victoria and their buffet was not much better. People who say they could not eat the food should not be let out of the country (and probably denied the franchise as well).
4. The 'Al Fresco' pool restaurant was a valuable alternative to the dining room at lunch time, serving grills, fish and a (very tasty) hot dish of the day, plus burgers and hot dogs. Salads, chips, deserts and ice cream were available at the same time.
4. The rooms took three beds quite comfortably - important when using free child places.
There were some bad points
1. The behaviour of a minority of Brits was appalling, there for the beer and holding it not too well. The management should not accept single sex groups in a family hotel.
2. While Spanish pensioners were charming, some were a menace in the dining room and the lifts. The odd 'Buenos dias' went a long way.
3. The evening entertainment was on too late; no great loss, as my one pass through was my last.
4. The pools in May are cool - all are shaded for part of the day.
5. The bedroom walls are thin. We were glad the rest of our family were next door. But it just means people have to be considerate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your MedPlaya Hotel Calypso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Calypso Salou
- Calypso Hotel Salou