My overall impression is somewhere in between average and very good.
Service: Waiters and cleaning staff were very friendly and attentive. There was a bit of a language barrier with the front desk however, very few speak English well enough to understand your point. Was lucky to have a German speaking boyfriend by my side!
Room: We were in D-203, full ocean view (no obstruction from any palm trees). The patio was the perfect place to watch the sunset. The rooms are very large and clean, but are really showing their age. All we heard at night was the soothing sound of the waves crashing on the shore. As other travelers had stated, there are many, many stairs to navigate to get through the labyrinth of a layout.
Buffet: Most of the food was bland. We found a few go to foods and kept eating the same things everyday. There was a great assortment of fruits at breakfast. I tend to be a healthy eater and found it quite easy to keep up my diet. My one indulgence was the ice cream for dessert, was quite tasty!
Entertainment: Was geared to the 65+ crowd, but I'm not sure even people in that demographic were pleased. The main lounge felt like stepping into a time warp back to the 80's. This room desperately needs an update, entertainers included.
Just an observation, the average age of the hotel guests is somewhere in the 60's. A lot of these guests are quite "free" with their bodies by the pool, so consider yourselves warned (it didn't really bother me, but seems like an important piece of information to pass on).
Who should stay here? Retired couples wanting to relax. German speakers will feel at home.
Who shouldn't stay here? Anyone looking to party, especially the under 30 set.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Morro Jable. 3-Storey building. Situated on Jandia beach (several steps lead to the beach). 600 M from Morro Jable. 400 M from various shops. 90 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Jandia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Jandia Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Riu Palace Jandia Peninsula
- Hotel Riu Palace Jandia Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable, Spain