I stayed here 10th-17th July.The hotel is about a minutes walk from the Anexo II complex on Playa del ingles.I had a room at the road level,and I would agree with some of the reviews about the noise,the road is the main one to to beach,used by taxis and buses.Perhaps a room the other side of the hotel would have been quieter.The room itself was large,a double bed,sofa,chairs and a table.There was a small balcony,and a good size bathroom.My room got the sun in the morning,and did not have Air con,although there was a fan in the room to help keep cool.The room was cleaned every day,and the swan shapes were fun!
I opted for B+B and was really pleased with the food offered for breakfast,superb selection,but watch out for the coffee,its VERY strong!!Really woke me up.I thought the Bucks fizz was a nice option too.
Yes the hotel had a lot of Germans,they do cater mainly for our European cousins,but the staff at reception spoke very good English,as well as Spanish,Dutch and German,very Impressive!!
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Sahara,and would stay again.
Oh,please remember that its The Sahara Playa,not Sahara Beach!The beach hotel is about 5Km from Playa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally situated in the area of Playa del Ingles, only a few meters away from the main beach and a few minutes walk from the shopping centers “Kashba”, “Yumbo” and “Cita”. You can find several bars and shops in the direct surrounding of the hotel.The hotel consists of 56 tastefully designed rooms in the main building and 65 Apartments in two neighboring buildings. Facilities include a lobby with reception, lifts, internet corner and wireless internet access (against charge), a restaurant with smoking area (on the terrace), bar and terrace. At the sheltered backside of the hotel you will find the swimming pool with sun terrace. Another fresh water swimming pool is located in the apartment complex belonging to the hotel. Sun beds and umbrellas at both pools are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your HL Sahara Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Playa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Sahara Playa Del Ingles
- HL Sahara Playa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria