“Good place, don`t belive whiners”

Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Just got back from Tenerife.We were there with our friends and as we read the rewievs, we were hoping to see some cockroaches, even left all the spilled food on the floor for them, but during the week we were not able to see a single cockroach.

Food was good and so were the cocktails in the bar. Room cleaning took place after every two days. Beach and best nightclubs are in the walking distance.
Despite our occasional rude behaviour, the hotel staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Some second floor rooms have sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Olari664641

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Because of the delay with our flight all the passengers were moved to Paraiso del Sol for one night. Our friends were robbed during the night. All the things were in the room but as I have found out after in my room and in the room of my friends the locks on the door to the terrasa did not work at all. Be careful!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sergey T
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Spent a holiday week with my mother-in-law and was surprised to see the apartment for the price we paid. We got a 2nd floor apartment with sea view, a balcony, quiet area and short distance to the beach. The cleaning was good, clean towels daily, clean sheets several times. Saw no cockroaces - and I really looked for them as they horrifies me.
Short distance to the boardwalk and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laila1960
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in - It all started when we were dropped on the side of the road at 3AM and told that the hotel was "over theere" a non-English speaking driver pointed vaugley in the direction of the hotel - after trying to call the hotel and not getting anywhere with the receptionist (at this point we could not even find the reception!)
After a few hours of walking around we found the reception and checked in - after we closed the door that's when things started to scurry across the floor - across the bed, across the kitchen, everywhere there were cockroaches - at this point if I could've zipped myself in my suitcase I would've, Instead we spent another hour or so trying to catch these things under glasses, bowls - ANYTHING!
We realised that the vents above the front door were open so we closed these - every night and day we had to make sure that every possible vent they could get in by was closed - blocked by towels to stop them invading - this seemed to work but you would still occasionally get them in your room - you can only imagine how hot and sweaty and generally unpleasant the rooms because when you had NO air in them.
Apart from this the room was cleaned two/three times I believe in a 10 day stay, which is when they changed the sheets too, the place was really run down the furniture was holding on by a thread and everything was dirty.
The only customer's I would advise this too (if I had to) would be boys on a lads holiday that didn't care for cleanliness or cockroaches and were just interested in booze and sleep on a shoe string budget.

The location was the only good thing - a short walk to restaurants, a supermarket, the beach front and bars - ONLY POSITIVE

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scarter92
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We read reviews before going, Well it was worse than i could have imagined. Theyre was creepy crawlie all over sink units inside kettle etc,a spray to kill them was supplied under sink, It makes my skin crawl to think about it. Only good thing was towels were changed daily ,sheets changed once in our 7 days there. Never again

Room Tip: Do not stay here !!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jhconnon
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This place was just awful. I stayed here with my best friend for 12 days and we hated it. The first night we saw cockroaches, but we thought that it might just be a random incident. Well, boy was I wrong...The next day when we came back from the beach, we saw three cockroaches in different areas of the room; one on the floor, one in the bathroom, and one on the stove of the little kitchenette. We went to the reception to address the issue and the clerk just smirked and said: "You didn't know that Tenerife is the capital of cockroaches?" We were shocked by his response and seeming unconcern for our complaint. When we asked him to change rooms, he said that there were no other rooms available until the next day and that all he could do was send someone to kill the cockroaches. Even though we did not want to stay in a room that was infested with cockroaches, we had to agree to spend another night since that was our only option. We went back to our room and about 10minutes later the guy who was supposed to get rid of the roaches showed up with a spray can. He sprayed directly onto the roaches, but they just flew away. After about 5 minutes of this spectacle and no success, the guy got angry and stepped on them with his steel toe boots. However, even that did not kill them immediately. It took him another three times to eventually kill one. By that time, the two others had already crawled back behind the kitchenette and the cabinet, so that he could not reach them anymore. My friend and I decided that we could not stay any second longer in this room, so we decided to sleep on the beach instead and come back the next day when a room would be available. When we returned the next morning to the reception after a sleepless night, we were given a new room as promised. After first inspection the second room seemed to be ok. But when my friend went to the bathroom and picked up the toilet paper roll on the toilet tank, she found another roach--this one already dead. I don't know what was worse: that this room obviously also had roaches or that the cleaning service obviously sucked since they had missed a dead roach. We went back to the reception again to state how unsatisfied we were with the hotel. The guy at the reception called the manager and he moved us to another room. When we were on the way there, the two girls that had been staying in the room we were about to get approached us and advised that we don't stay in this room because it was full of bed bugs. The girls' arms were covered with red dots, easily recognizable as bed bug bites. Appalled by this audacity we went back to the lobby and told the manager that we wanted our money back since we had not been able to enjoy a single second of our trip. The manager told us that this was not possible but that he was going to move us again to a much nicer room. He said that those rooms are usually more expensive, but he will move us there without additional costs. Even though, I appreciate his effort of moving us to a "better" room, it sounded like we should be grateful to receive a more expensive room for no additional money...Ridiculous! Any money paid so far had already been too much! About 2 hours later we moved to our 4th room. It was definitively nicer than the previous ones and after careful inspection we did not find any more cockroaches. However, we just couldn't feel comfortable anymore. We also made sure to close the door ever night before the sun set because at night the cockroaches would swarm to the little balcony that our window door opened to. Since our room did not have AC nor a ceiling fan, we would be sweating all night. Like I said, we just couldn't get comfortable anymore. We tried to spend the least amount of time in our room, but even the little time we were there was not relaxing.
I also want to mention that our room(s) wasn't the only one infested with cockroaches. A mother and daughter sitting sitting next to us at dinner stated that their room was full of cockroaches as well and when she complained the hotel was unwilling to move her. She put up with it until one morning when she got woken up by a cockroach crawling up her arm. After that horrible incident she packed her stuff and moved to a different hotel. Being students, my friend and I unfortunately did not have the money to do that.
I think the only plus was the food. Even though, it was not great, it was ok and decent for the price. I would have expected worse from a place like this.
All in all, I would never in my life stay here again. Not even for free. Not even if you pay me.
I don't know, the place might have changed (stayed there few years back, but would not let me go back further than Jan2011) and improved -the buffet and dining area sure looks great now- but this experience has traumatized me when it comes to cheap hotels. I was not expecting luxury, but if you pay any kind of money you can expect a clean and bug free room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jule628
Reviewed 21 December 2011

After reading negative reviews for this hotel i was wondering what we had let ourselves in for. The apartment we were allocated was clean and had not long been renovated and had all you would expect for self catering including an electric toaster. We were situated a little way from the pool/bar which meant it was nice and quiet. Maid sevice was good and a couple of minor repairs required (kitchen cabinet door handle & loo seat) were attended to promptly. Having visited Las Americas over the last 15 years this is the best value for money i have had in Tenerife and will return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends