3,449 results
All reviews a mountain view room on arrival pool area kids club mare nostrum resort bed and breakfast sister hotel glass of champagne aqua aerobics pool party bit dated foam party sir anthony an update plenty of sunbeds fantastic location flat screen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First stay and would definitely go back. Food was exceptional and I told the manager so before we left - lovely breads I became addicted to their fresh walnut loaf. As others have said the decor is dated but the rooms were clean and comfortable. My suggestion regarding decor would be that all the various fountains ⛲️ In reception and around be filled in - maybe plant trees flowers etc - must cost a fortune to run and clean and very dated now. Some good entertainment in the evening and during day time - I did aqua fit every day. Fab position on the beach and opposite restaurants bars etc. We rented the hotel bikes a couple of days and walked along the promenade other days. Great relaxing holiday.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Alejandro C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lynnemmcmunn,

Thank you very much for your comments and for giving us a high rate.

I am glad to know that the general balance of your stay has been positive.

Our breakfast buffet is much appreciated by most guests and, as you have been able to verify, catering for so many different nationalities means including a wide variety of products, according to the traditions of each country.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to south Tenerife.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last year over my birthday week , i’d been to the same area of Tenerife a year before that and I love the area lots of shops and things to do and very nice beaches , however the hotel I stayed in during my first visit was absolutely awful and having walked past the Mediterranean palace hotel during my first visit I was keen to stay there on my second visit . The hotel doesn’t disappoint , the rooms are a little dated but comfortable and always clean, even if you don’t get a balcony with a pool view the other side gives great views of the mountains so you can’t loose. We had breakfast included which was the standard stuff you would expect but nicely cooked , staff were so friendly and eager to help one day the juice machine wasn’t working so we had loads of glasses of what was essentially water on our table trying to get a decent drink, the staff didn’t even need to be asked they approached us and got us fresh juice from the kitchen so great service. I’m a keen swimmer and the pool is the nicest, cleanest pool i’ve ever been in, low chlorine volume so is great for kids won’t cause any sore eyes. You also have use of the pool in the cleopatra hotel next door as well so that’s a bonus. The best part of the stay however was deffinately on my birthday . The night before the staff put a happy birthday note under our door saying there would be a surprise for me at breakfast, the next morning they put a flower balloon on my door and had actually baked a lovely birthday cake for me ( which tasted amazing ) . Such a lovely thing to do considering it’s not something I would’ve ever expected from any hotel going above and beyond. One of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in !!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank shauni p

Dear Shauni P.,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers.

We are truly happy to know that your stay with us was pleasant and that our staff was amazing for your birthday.

Comments like this, give us the energy to continue working hard on all the improvements to show all our guest in future visits. I will transmit your comments to all departments and we look forward to welcome you in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We recently stayed at the hotel for the 4th time.

We were late to arrive as our flight was delayed but we were met with a glass of cava and the usual warm welcome.

We had asked for a specific room but unfortunately were unable to get it but the room we got was better ... although the rooms are in need of an urgent refurb but you dont go on holiday to spend time in the room. The rooms are clean and tidy judt dated.

We stayed bed and breakfast and there was plenty of choice.

The pool area is lovely, the animation team around the pool are a credit to the hotel. Betty and the blonde girl (monica) and adrien are all such good fun.

The location of the hotel is fantastic back gate takes you out to beach and front out onto golden mile.

We love coming here to the med palace... it feels like our second home! We cant wait to come back ... hopefully same time next year! Thank you for a wonderful holiday and great memories made.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Angiestewart,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers. We are truly happy to know that your 4th visit with us was pleasant and that our staff and facilities were up to your expectations.

I am truly happy to know of your satisfaction with most aspects of our service and facilities, and very specially with our staff attention. I know that, together with a quality service, a warm attitude makes a big difference when staying in a hotel. Comments like this, give us the energy to continue working hard on all the improvements to show all our guest in future visits.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights. The hotel is in a fantastic location -our room was opposite the ‘Safari’ shopping area. It wasn’t noisy at night and was extremely handy for great bars, restaurants and it’s also a 2 min walk from the beach.
The room was a good size, pretty dated decor but very clean! Beds weren’t very comfy but that’s all I could complain about!
The breakfast was excellent -huge choice and everything was replenished regularly.
The pool is fantastic, loads of sun loungers, entertainment / aqua gym throughout the day and kids clubs on offer too.
On departure we were offered a room to shower in in the evening as our flight wasn’t til 2030. This was a lovely touch as it meant we could use the pool etc and freshen up before travelling home.

Overall an excellent stay, but as others have said in other reviews, the hotel is slightly dated but this wouldn’t put us off staying here again. There are many positives!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiestirling31

Dear Katiestirling,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post such a positive and detailed review on your recent holidays at Mare Nostrum Resort.

I am truly happy to know of your satisfaction with most aspects of our service and facilities, and very specially with our location.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and whilst we really did have a nice time there are definitely a few sticking points for me.
It is a huge hotel, probably the biggest I have stayed in and we were upgraded to a suite on arrival which was great. The room was big with pool view and double balcony but the room was definitely looking a bit tired. There were cracked floor tiles, old furniture,
flowery curtains and it just needs an upgrade. People including myself like/expect a modern hotel now.
The pool was big but cold but fine once you were in however - and this was a big disappointment for my 10 year old son - no inflatables in the pool. I understand if this pool was full of adults trying to swim but this wasn’t the case. I could count on one hand the number of people in the pool at anyone time - except when aqua-erobics was on. Incidentally not everyone wants an hour by the pool interrupted by awful cheesy techno music while people jump about in the pool exercising. This was more disruptive than some kids having fun in the pool on a lilo. So kids were segregated to the tiny baby pools if they wanted to have any fun on their inflatables.
I feel the hotel should address reserving of sun loungers also. You were given free beach towels in exchange for tokens. However everyone reserves sun loungers early on then some people didn’t even use them til after 12pm. Have a zero tolerance on reserving sun loungers please. It’s a much more civilised way to holiday.
We only had the breakfast buffet every day and would come down around 10am when things had calmed down a bit. A great breakfast with everything you could want- perhaps consider some veggie sausages? Brussel sprouts for breakfast - bit weird!
So in summery a nice holiday but deffo time to upgrade rooms, reconsider the inflatable policy if you’re going to market yourself as a family holiday and if you’re going to have strict poolside rules extend this to outlawing reserving sun loungers.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family