3,053 results
All reviews jeff leyton pool area arona gran spring card older clientele pool towels average age age group sister hotel superior room excellent hotel plenty of choice great holiday pool attendant evening entertainment breakfast and dinner every night
Reviewed October 18, 2018

First of all I usually travel with Jet2 (who I have recently used traveling to Prague) I have to say by printing your boarding passes you now have to lift your own cases on to the weighting scales no matter what age or your physical condition .

The Vulcano. My usual hotel was the Mediterranean Palace however We changed to the Vulcano for cost reasons only.

We have made 4 visits usually once a year, on our first visit the hotel looked tired however since the revamp the rooms are to a high standard well maintained, on our first two visits they implemented a ‘’happy hour’’ two for one drinks, this has sadly been stopped, VERY SAD

The food selection at breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice, including porridge fruit egg/bacon good choices for veg iterations and vegans, We always went out for dinner plenty of good choices on the strip (out door turn right first right (avoiding the property reps one man one women the good news is you always win with the top prize he will run to the lady ‘’his boss’’ to tel here she will then tell you this does not happen often ‘’bull’) keep going turn left at the path junction plenty of choice.

Both pools have been upgraded one is heated the other stone cold takes your breath away, plenty of beds the main event is the bingo with those famous words in the shouter saying in his best English/Spanish the words its ‘’its amazing’’ will you smile . Towels for the pools are provided with the hotel cards. Lunch is very good at the pool side bar and the beer is good. Evening entertainment is very good the acts are on a weekly rotation so if you are there for two weeks you may see them again one of the entertainment team thinks he can sing. If you want to the entertainment get there early donnot st behind the pillars. Enjoy the evening.

We are back in a few weeks cannot Waite. Try it its worth the visit lets hope the ‘’Happy Hour’’ is back

Room tip: Looking at the front of the hotel the rooms to the left are next to a walk ways this may get a bit noisy however its a quiet part of town
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank jimparker16
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review of your recent holiday with us. Such a friendly review of our hotel is, of course, a great pleasure to read and confirms for us that our daily actions are worthwhile and that we are on the right path with our numerous efforts. Again we thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel and hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards, Monika Papp, Hotel Vulcano & UP!

Reviewed October 18, 2018

Just returned from a week at this hotel with a friend . Had not been before but feedback from others suggested that post their refurbishment last year it was a good place to stay. We were not disappointed. I was in a ground floor room at the side of the hotel. It was bright, clean, modern with a great walk in shower and (a great plus for me) a moveable magnified make up mirror in the bathroom! The layout and decor of the foyer is beautiful and sets the tone for the rest of the hotel. Drinks were reasonably priced and standard of nightly entertainment very good. Buffet food was very good with a wide choice and staff throughout the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. If I was asked to record any “downs”, whilst not detracting from the overall very good impression, they would be uncomfortable (and in many cases torn) sun beds and the number of things that cost extra e.g. room safe, fridge, towels.

Date of stay: October 2018
4  Thank Sandra G
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you had a great time staying with us and that you find us outstanding in all areas. We are working hard to improve our services and maintain that level of satisfaction. When someone gives us a positive feedback it's a great motivation to continue our work. Thank you so much and we are waiting you back!
Warmest regards, Monika Papp Spring Hotel Vulcano&UP!

Reviewed October 18, 2018

The hotel is beautiful, reception, rooms and overall feel to the hotel just lovely. We were so looking forward to going to the Vulcano as we booked last year and as the hotel was not finished we were moved to sister hotel in Los Cristianos.

On arrival there was supposed to be a champagne/cava reception and as we had booked the superior room, someone to take our cases up to the room. Unfortunately we didn’t get any of this, but hey, not the end of the world. Next there was supposed to be a welcome gift in the room and when we got in there was no welcome gift. We went to reception the following morning to enquire about this and the gentleman on the reception desk showed us a piece of paper which indicated that supposedly there had been a welcome gift put into the room, I felt embarrassed and to feel like I was telling a lie. The room was lovely but we felt a bit disappointed as it was very small for what was classed as a superior room. However we had a central view overlooking the pool with a great view.

On arriving back to the room after dinner, on the first night, we noticed there was a terrible drainage smell and went to reception to report this. The staff member said she would get someone up to the room to sort the problem out. This supposedly happened but we awoke the following morning to a pungent drainage smell and both felt physically sick, it was awful. Again we went to reception to report and the staff member said she thought someone had been to sort this problem but would get someone to look at again. The maintenance man did arrive and removed a drain lid and sealed it with mastic. We went out and when we came back the smell was just as bad, so again we went to reception to complain and after the lady again saying that she would get the maintenance man up again we suggested we get a move to another room. To say the least the member of staff who was dealing with us was not pleased at all at this request, I was trying to be so nice to say that we had paid extra for the superior room and felt it unacceptable to be in a room with such a smell which was making us both feel sick. After much reluctance she advised that she had no room ready until the following day, so we had to accept that we could not move until the following day. Another night of horrible smell and feeling squeamish, awful.

The best part of the following day was spent moving our belongings to another room, which was most annoying as my son and his girlfriend, as a surprise to us, had come out to join us for 5 days of our holiday and all the upheaval had interrupted precious time with them. Also the room we were moved to was on the side of the building overlooking the pool with a poorer view and side view from balcony looking onto the next rooms balcony.

We then went to reception to square up the bill on the room we had vacated and the bill was more than expected. The girl was then engaging in an argument with me regarding water which had been put in the room and a charge incurred. By this time I became upset and ended up in tears as I felt as if I was being brought into question. The additional amount was not an issue but I thought with all of the inconvenience we had experienced that they would have waived the charges, but not to be.

So not a good experience for us in the hotel Vulcano, so much so that it has lead to us deciding we will not return as our experience in other hotels in the area of the same quality and standard have been so much better.

If I can provide a view which may help you in the future, when guests are complaining it is with good reason and indicates that something is not quite right for them. Please ask your staff to be polite and sympathetic and to try and resolve the issue without stern faces or being argumentative, this would make all the difference. You have a beautiful hotel with many positives.

Room tip: Avoid Room 456 - Experienced a terrible drainage smell.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank Sandra S
springhoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your recent stay in Hotel Vulcano& UP!.

At our hotel we aim to provide our guests with perfect holidays everytime, therefore, we regret that on this occasion we did not completely fulfil your expectations. On a future occasion please contact me, gladly assist you!

We are saddened and surprised to read your comments concerning some of our staff because in our hotel chain we carefully select all of our employees and we take care of their continued training in order to guarantee the high standards of quality that characterize us. We have sent your comments to the relevant departments and we will do our best to ensure that any situation that does not meet our criteria is corrected. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Monika Papp,
Hotel Vulcano & UP!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

I spent 11 nights at the Vulcano from the 25th September. I have been coming here off and on for 20 years and have seen it at its best and also at its worst. I was so looking forward to this stay as unfortunately I had to cancel last year due to ill health so was really looking forward to seeing all the refurbishments. I was not disappointed, the pool view rooms are so large with every amenity you could wish for and I just loved the patio. One thing I did notice when I was sat out at 7.00a.m. that although you're not supposed to leave towels on the sunbeds, even in the dark you could see people scuttling around moving the furniture so they could get the pitch they wanted and whilst I was there, I never saw the towels being removed.
All the staff were lovely and as I travel on my own I was never made to feel awkward, even in the restaurant, which goes a long way to me feeling welcomed, which doesn't happen in all hotels so I would like to thank all the staff, especially the restaurant staff, as they all work so hard but you always get a smile. The only downside for me was the standard of the evening meals. Breakfast was brilliant as always, salads very good, desserts yummy yummy but not so on the main courses. I struggled a lot on the hot buffet so decided to try the 'show cooking'. I asked for a steak medium to well done. On cutting into this, it was so rare and hadn't been cooked at all in the middle. I didn't take it back as there was a really big queue so left it. On another occasion there was turkey which looked ok when the chef was slicing so I decided to have that. Up until me he was slicing the turkey but after queuing for ages when it was my turn, he just picked up what was remaining and literally through it on my plate with no care whatsoever. In the end I decided for the rest of my holiday, just to have the salads and desserts which were lovely, but not exactly what I paid for. I had a brief chat with Monika as she was in a hurry, just to let her know my feelings and she said she would look into it.
Just a quick mention on the dress code which is supposedly in place, there isn't one. Men and women in shorts, chopped off jeans and flip flops isn't a dress code to me.
On checking my bill I noticed that reception hadn't taken off my discount for being a Spring Card member but was sorted immediately I pointed it out.
All in all I love this Hotel and just hope that the food can improve, as it has always been excellent over the years.

Date of stay: September 2018
7  Thank flamingo23
springhoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Guest,
We would like to express our appreciation for your kind words and positive rating of our hotel. It was a pleasure to read your description of our establishment and it motivates us to maintain our standards. Of course, we will relay your compliments to our team, they will be delighted to know that they enhanced your holiday experience. It would be an honour to serve you again in the future at our hotel, until then we wish you all the best.
Kind Regards,
Monika Papp,
Hotel Vulcano & UP!

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Room tip: A pool view is always a good option on one of the higher floors.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018