All reviews plunge pool molton brown toiletries roof terrace windsor restaurant turn down service the ground floor rooms spiral staircase mare nostrum resort top floor massive bed small hotel five star hotel other hotels mediterranean palace every member of staff cold buffet walk in shower
Reviewed December 11, 2015

What a delight - a lovely quiet hotel in the heart of Los Americas. It was hard to believe we were in the middle of town and on the beach.

The sheltered pool is well set out providing protection from the promenaders just over the boundary and so well planted that should you wish you could sunbathe away from your fellow guests.

The staff were superb noticing your likes/dislikes/habits and providing for them without any fuss or being asked. To add their friendliness to this was just a bonus. The provision of refreshing fruit skewers throughout the day was a nice touch but the afternoon tea trolley was just a nostalgia trip to my early days working in an office!

The other great service related to our messing up our booking. We had booked an extra day at the beginning of the break which we could not use. Naturally we did not expect a refund but nevertheless the hotel offered us some value by way defraying some costs - bar/ meals etc. against this over payment - magnificent and so unexpected.

A word of caution though. If you book a pool room (as we did) be prepared. The pool is more a paddling pool and the room we were allocated was a bit cramped. This might be acceptable to some - the trade of a small(ish) room for a large roof top area might be worth making (and bear in mind this was just one room - we did not see any others). To us it was not so we asked to be moved to the ground floor - i.e. with easy access to the pool. This was achieved promptly with great courtesy and no fuss.

We did not dine in except for the Saturday special dinner. This was a fixed menu but when we looked at it prior to booking we were asked if there was anything we wanted changing for us. As we don't eat fish we swapped out the fish course and given the option of choosing what we wanted instead. This posed a problem as we did not know what was available in the kitchens. We were happy with our choice though.

We had to make a similar choice for Sunday Brunch. It was a very much a "cold cuts" meal with no breakfast menu but we were asked if we wanted anything cooked and asked to specify what we wanted. Again a happy choice was made

All in all we loved this place and will return

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CheshirePete
Reviewed December 7, 2015

This holiday has been amazing and the worst part of it is having to leave. The hotel is expensive so it's always a bit of a gamble booking it but we couldn't have been happier. Genuine 5 star service from every member of staff, they simply can't do enough for you, and it's genuine, not just smiling at you through gritted teeth like at some hotels. The room was fabulous, very modern and clearly cost a fortune to kit out. Now we've been we understand why it's not cheap. It's right on the beach, you're waited on hand and foot, and every little detail is perfect, I'm sure the manager must have been a wedding planner in a previous role! The pool is small but there were only ever 10 or 12 people around it, so it's more like you're in a beautiful garden than a hotel, we've never been to such a cosy, personal hotel before. The lack of screaming kids was a delight, absolute silence day and night. Really don't want to go home, and I can't thank the staff enough for making it an unforgettable holiday, we'll never go to a different hotel in Tenerife again.

Stayed: December 2015
4  Thank Nicky J
Reviewed December 7, 2015 via mobile

Beach front location, interiors like an ultra modern upmarket apartment in London, super clean, and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. Absolute luxury, peace and quiet, and because there are very few rooms in the hotel it means a lovely tranquil feel to the place, even at mealtimes. Piano music filled the lobby in the evening and even breakfast time felt like going to your favourite restaurant where everyone knows your name. We had a rooftop pool which meant we could stay away from the world at ground level if we wanted to. At night all you can hear is the waves on the beach, it's fabulous. The problem we have now is that nowhere else will compare, so we'll just have to stump up the money for this place again! It's not about the length of your life though, it's the width of it that counts.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickjordan13
Reviewed December 2, 2015

Firstly, the staff at this establishment are extremely helpful and friendly and the location is good if you like this area of Las Americas. The concept of the hotel of quiet relaxation in luxury surroundings is perfect but they fall to deliver this.The exterior of the building has already been highlighted by previous reviewers but my question is, why build a hotel which has so many high maintenance features unless you intend to continually clean it to keep it looking smart. The same can be said of the interior, particularly the bedrooms, which are looking very tired. The laminate surface on the furniture and wall panels is chipped with no obvious attempt to patch this up. The black tiles in the bathroom are not being cleaned thoroughly as they are showing signs of soap build up around the edges. We had an easy chair which was only balancing on the base and it was only when I lifted it to move it that I discovered this. We were lucky that it did not result in an accident
The mat on the floor was concealing dust and crumbs underneath and under the bed was never dusted during our 2 week stay. The bed itself was very comfortable but the rooms were on the small side. Outside, the patio was very stained with rust marks which have come from the sun shade stand. This is not surprising as there was dirty water underneath it when we arrived. The lawned area around the pool is very baldy with many bare patches.
A previous reviewer who was at the hotel 13-20 November has highlighted the problems at breakfast which I can endorse. It came to a head half way through our stay when so many guests were remarking to one another about the poor service and I am aware that 4 guests including myself made there feelings known to staff/management. I too, did not receive an apology just a comment " that they had been going through problems and that next year is going to be better." They are trying to deliver a waiter only service breakfast, but just do not have the capacity or expertise to achieve this. They find it difficult to deliver what has been ordered and don't seem to be able to remember even when a guest has the same requirements every day. The cava often made the waiting time a little more bearable. They would be far better offering a wider buffet with orders for cooked food, tea & coffee etc. This is all very disappointing for an establishment which sets itself up as 5 stars which it clearly is not.

Room Tip: I prefer Adeje which has a better selection of 5 star hotels
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank travelledmuch
Alejandro Cresp... D, General Manager at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much also to give us through this Web Page the chance to explain you some details about your comments. I´m very sorry to know that your stay has been so below your expectations.

I would like to start with the comments of the room. I inform you that we have a cleaning service that every day clean all rooms in the hotel. However, we have to apologize for this punctual failure. I will transmit your comments to the manager of housekeeping in order to maintain our standard of quality.

Undoubtedly, the most important thing for me is the part your comment regarding the breakfast. I'm very sorry to know that it was not up your expectations and I would like to inform you that we have made some changes and improvements in the variety and quantity, as well as a new selection of food.

We always work on continuous improvement and professional and personal development of all our colleagues, through conducting training courses, to ensure that the service we offer is the best, not only for the quality of work done but by the unpayable animosity of the people who make up this company.

We have to apologise as it seems we have caused you a bad image and due to it a bad experience.

Thank you once again very much for your time sharing your experience with us and we say goodbye hoping to have the chance to welcome you again at Mare Nostrum Resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2015 via mobile

I am currently staying here for 2 nights and sitting in reception while they change my bedding, fumigate and re clean the room! Why couldn't this have been done for my arrival? I chose to come here after a poor stay in another hotel thought it would be amazing.......it's definitely not!

The bathroom thick with dust, the fabric on chairs, sunbeds and bed smell heavily of sweat and have been sprayed with a sweet smelling cloying air freshener to disguise it which in fact makes it worse! They came to change cushions etc while I was eating and the maintenance man apologised and said they would do it tomorrow, good decision on his part. This smell is the first thing you notice in reception and the lifts. The plunge pool had not been cleaned and had a film of oil on top, the mini bar had 2 half filled bottles of water in it! There was a mosquito problem round bed and bedside table area coming from behind bed which made for a very un relaxed nights sleep. Ordered room service breakfast was offered brown/white toast asked for brown.....got white! Is this 5 star, luxury personal service....NO

The staff are very friendly and Monica on reception is exceptional she called me prior to arrival to confirm booking and has dealt with my issues quickly and without fuss however yet again another Island group that brand themselves 5 star but fall seriously short on all service levels apart from guest relations (which is the only reason I have given it a 3 star rating) which are very good. Can't wait to go home tomorrow after 3 months travelling the last week which should have been the best the absolute worst!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank SusieFEdinburgh
Alejandro Cresp... D, General Manager at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2015

Dear SusieF Edinburgh,

Thank you very much also to give us through this Web Page the chance to explain you some details about your comments. I am very sorry to know that your stay has been below your expectations.

I would like to start with your comment of the room. I have already written to the manager of the Sir Anthony to prevent these things can become a disadvantage for the rest of the guests. In addition, I will personally go to check all the things mentioned with the housekeeping manager. I´m very sorry about your negative impression and I will transmit your comments to maintain our standards of quality. We can only apologize for this punctual failure.

Regarding the pool, I inform you that we have a cleaning system that handles daily control not only water but also temperatures.

We greatly regret that you have had this incident during your holidays. The hotel has all certificates of hygiene and quality required by the law of hotels, so what you mention about insects is due to high temperatures during the year on the island. We still extreme measures and controls to avoid the presence of these so annoying insects.

Every incident that occurs in the resort facilities is vital for each employee working in Mare Nostrum Resort, we convey our sincere apologies if we gave the wrong impression.

We have to apologize as it seems we have caused you a bad image and due to it a bad experience.

Best regards,