“My favourite hotel - ever!”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We've stayed at the Cleopatra Palace on numerous ocassions and simply cannot fault it. The location couldn't be bettered. It is perfect for bars, shops, the beach and restaurants/ The staff are absolutely wonderful - so friendly and extremely helpful.

We usually stay in a standard room which more than suits our needs. They are spotlessly clean and spacious. The beds are large and comfortable, linen is regularly changed and is of great quality. The bathrooms are large, with double sinks, and lovely deep baths. if I was being really picky then a separate shower rather than a shower over the bath would be nice but not essential. Towels are changed daily should you wish for that but we usually have ours replaced alternate days.

The breakfasts are amazing. I can't believe that anyone could find fault with anything offered. They can be as healthy or as unhealthy as you'd wish. We only stay B & B as we like to eat out so can't comment on evening dinner.

Entertainment is offered nightly at the Mediterranean next door and suited us just fine. We were surprised that not more people went each evening. One of the real highlights is the show the staff put on for guests at the main theatre. The work and thought that goes into it each year is phenominal and they they do the hotel proud. I think this also shows that the hotel must be a great place for the employees as well as the guests as not many workers would give of there time otherwise.

We wouldn't consider going anywhere else when in Tenerife and can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: We wouldn't ask for a room with a sea view at the front of the hotel as coaches dropping parties...
3  Thank 115clairbear
Write a ReviewReviews (3,169)

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Lovely hotel - spotless, well run, comfortable and a true 5star holiday hotel (for a change!). We had a top floor superior room, which has a double balcony, with a outside shower and dip-pool (long enough to stretch out). If you can upgrade it's well worth the extra ££! Excellent 'main' pool (heated) and sunbathing area (although you get to share the more lively next door too! Bars/restaurants fairly low key (Mid-December low oocupancy). Breakfast buffet to die for. The best of continental/english styles. Highly recommended. Perfect location for superb restaurants/bars/shopping/strolling/beach. Really, could not have asked for anything more. We will return!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, and a sunny balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anniegirl62
Reviewed 3 February 2012

lovely lovely hotel even more fantastic staff , we have just had 11 nights at this amazing hotel , it really has been a wonderful break. The staff right from checking in with a welcoming hand shake and a glass of cava or fresh orange juice,the porters taking the luggage from the taxi to the rooms, the call to see if the room is ok !! it all just adds to the pleasure of being there. The rooms are very bright and cheerful white bed linen, very clean and changed every 2 days . Nice big bathroom , we asked for bathrobe and slippers , this was no problem house keeper brought them straight away . The breakfast was a lovely experience with piano musicbeing played in the back ground , and such a great buffet choice with smoked salmon and cava every morning , everyone even fussy eaters would find something to eat , the chef was so pleasant .there was no rushing around in the dining room with the staff as in some hotels. No problem getting a sun lounger there were always plenty . The area is very busy and has some lovely restaurants near by .All in all it was a lovely hotel and one that we would recomend .

Room Tip: pool view rooms on a high floor are quieter
1  Thank nicole B
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We booked superior room with plunge pool. Do not do this. Not at all worth extra money.
1 pool was dirty & was not cleaned till we were leaving
2. No morning sun
3. Rooms SO below standard. V v average
4. Positives / sun lounger on balcony of superior room
5. Breakfast huge choice. Fried foods not very well done but not too bad given the huge numbers they are catering for
6. Was v disappointed they didn't give us discount in the end in circumstances where pool was dirty & we couldn't use it. Plus it was freezing. It looked like someone had gone to the toilet in it. Not pretty. I suspect they rarely clean them.
It was such bad business policy they said they could dO nothing & refused discount. If it was my hotel I would have 100% given a discount when we'd spent a lot of money there.
One thing & I am not in any way exaggerating the lunch menu & room service menu / the food was absolutely horrendous. Shockingly bad. Without a doubt worst food I've ever eaten.
On a plus restaurant 240 degrees in st Telmo (5 mins away) is to die for. Went there 3 nights in a row. Bianco Italian restaurant & teppanyaki all very good. Magic good fun for few drinks after dinner. Windsor restaurant in sir Anthony ok but too expensive but great steak tar tar!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Europesally
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have just returned from a two-week stay at the Cleopatra Palace, having stayed here three times previously and once again, had a great time. Yes, rooms could do to be refurbished, as could bathrooms but they were spotlessly clean. Linen and towels were of a good quality and were changed, towels twice a day and linen every other day. We had a pool view room in the main Cleopatra building but felt the upgrade wasn't really worth paying extra for - we actually liked the room we had last time, which overlooked Med Palace and it got the sun from early morning!

We found the choice at breakfast very good, even although a few things did surprise us! Waiter service was a bit hit and miss as far as tea and coffee was concerned but we really dont mind having to pick this up for ourselves in any case! New this stay was a smoothie bar which we really enjoyed but you can also choose freshly squeezed orange juice. There was a good choice of meals in the evening too but we do prefer to eat out at night because there are so many good restaurants nearby. The Gala night was good though and is a great way to meet new people.

Staff in the resort were friendly and helpful but we found that they tended to be more attentive to the older Italian and Spanish guests. Any requests made to Reception were dealt with quickly and effectively.

We would advise people to book directly through Expo Grupo as you then get some extras eg better quality toiletries, bathrobes, slippers and afternoon treats in your room. Booking this way also allows you to have one breakfast in your room - we were really impressed by the selection brought to us! An evening turn-down service and a change of towels also included when booking directly.

All-in-all, we had a great time in the hotel. It's definitely not the most luxurious hotel on the island but it does offer value for money and a really good standard of service. Main attraction though has to be its fabulous location. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hotel room was excellent and the hotel location couldn't be better. It was on the beach and within walking distance of good restaurants and bars with nightly entertainment. The staff were very helpful and cheery. There was always sun sunbeds available at the poolside and the pool was clean and had a lifeguard on duty all day.
The only problem during the whole holiday was the restaurants inability to provide water hot enough to make a good cup of tea in the mornings. The water was lukewarm at best. If the management read this, change your hot water urns, they do not work well. Having a cold cup of tea for breakfast is not a good start to the day.

1  Thank Graeme B
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I am unsure whether I should go for a 3 or 4 rating. I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Cleopatra Palace. My friend and I wanted a last minute short winter break.
We choose this hotel because it was a short taxi ride from the airport, close to the beach and had a good balcony overlooking sea, easy walk to restaurants and was reported as quiet.
This area would not be a natural choice for me, I usually go to a quiter resort and 5 star accomodation, but the reviews I read were positive and said you got alot for price paid.
We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is kinda quirky, the rooms could be updated and I would not eat there apart from breakfast ( which is good and a very wide choice of foods ) mainly due to lack of atmosphere as very open.
But, the balcony is good if you love people watching, its perfect, I chose a room overlooking the sea and requested a room as high as possible which I received.
The beach is lovely, very well kept, loungers are 10 euros for the day, sea good for swimming and the prom stretchers for miles of flat walking along the coast.
On entering the room we requested a kettle and the beds individually made up and toppers for the beds and received them very quickly.
We did find reception slow but you are on holiday and the island is relaxed and the staff attentive when you got there.
The hotel has two fronts, one over the beach which is a quiet beachside resort and the other on the main road which sort of resembles a hotel in Las Vegas, but the area is immaculate and I have to say it makes it interesting for an evening drink in one of the bars yet returning to a lovely peaceful view over the sea.
Plenty of choice of eateries and an evening stroll.
If I went with my husband I would book into the Sir Antony next door,but for what I paid it is hard to really fault. The beach out the front and the cleaniness of the resort and hotel and the choice of evening places toeat is good. I would imagine it gets busy in main season.
My only tip would be to check your bill each evening, two people were unhappy as we checked in so we did keep a check and found buffet food and drinks added, which we had not had but these were removed on request, but I would rather not have to complain or think about these things whilst relaxing.
Playa was a risk as I had heard plenty of clubland stories but this end of Playa was great, touristy but not too much. It was an interesting mix and though I love quiet I would return to this part, it works hard to be well kept. Fine for a short break in the winter sun.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room overlooking the road as I feel these would have late night noise as with most...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
0.1 km away
Europe Villa Cortes
#7 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
0.7 km away
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#6 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.8 km away
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#15 of 61 in Costa Adeje

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!