All reviews double tree cookies free valet parking third floor wall street in town full service nice hotel midland area staff was friendly business trip upon check texas
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Initial impressions are everything. I was not initially impressed, but I was soon won over by the friendliness of the front desk staff. I arrived before check in time and there were no rooms available at the moment. The front desk person did her best to get me in my room as soon as possible.
The drive up appeal is not the best and the entrance could have been kept up a bit better. It was a windy day so I will cut them some slack for all of the debris in the drive way. The hotel has been renovated. My particular room was very nice and updated. The room overlooked the pool area which looked nice from the 5th floor. I arrived on a Sunday so the near by restaurants that I noticed on my walk were not open. I opted to order room service. The food was just average, and I was not overly impressed. The service was again very good.
I would recommend the hotel, and would probably stay here again.

Room tip: It is hard to say because there was a train that came through several times during evening.
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Traveltan2249
Helen F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Over all great experience with location, price and amenities. Pool area and outside observation deck was nice. Felt safe with underground parking. Only issue was secured Wi-Fi connection. Staff was very friendly and rooms clean and beds comfortable. Was a really outdated like other reviews stated. Would recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

there were numerous issues, from a staff member explaining the differences between silver and gold/platinum member status (which set the tone for the rest of the stay), digital keys that only open your room door (so why have it), room maintenance was poor (room was very clean and cold), WiFi continually logging out, cig butts all over the ground.

1  Thank Todd R

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. We will address these issues you raised and plan for a better tomorrow.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

The staff was friendly, the lobby, Starbuck, the bar and the food is great! The room was super clean and super comfy. The floor I stayed on which was the 3rd had a bar which was literally 4 doors down it was awesome!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Helen F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Midland Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I really like this property has a great location with walking distance to several nice restaurants. It is an old building but the rooms have been redone not too long ago. Service, food and drinks are excellent. Cookies are the bomb!! The one big beef I have with this hotel is the very loud and annoying elevator motors. Yo can hear them from every room in the north tower. All night long. Bring some earplugs.

Room tip: Elevators are very noisy. Pick a room as far away as possible but you can still hear them.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Sorry about the elevator noise! We have the repair scheduled this month.