“what a great place”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mission
St. Charles
“what a great place”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I had to travel to mission texas in an emergency and needed a place to stay, I happened upon the bungalow suites quite by accident, and boy did I get one of the nicest surprises ever. The suite was great like an efficiency apartment also you should know that I dont really like to stay in a hotel alone but I felt very safe in this location. my room was clean and fresh everyday I plan to go back with my family again to stay on my next trip to the valley. thanks again to the wonderful staff at Bungalow Suites for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 171 and while there was some paint touch ups that needed to be done around the bedr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kim_Dillon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We are on a lengthy road trip touring the US South and South West. This hotel popped up on Expedia as we searched for rooms near McAllen Texas. We like to have the opportunity to cook some of our meals. I read "older" reviews on trip advisor and reviews on expedia and hesitated to book.

Eventually contacted the Hotel with a question about the kitchenettes, received a very quick response from Hotel Management and decided to book a King Unit for 3 nights. The room price was excellent using our CAA membership and included a hot breakfast.

We travelled further than anticipated, called the hotel to see if we could check in a day early, not a problem. The hotel is located away from the commercial "strip" of the highway 83 in Sharyland Plantation giving it a quiet and rural feel. It is a series of connected bungelows some one story, some two stories. There is a lovely pool and hot tub area, the guest laundry is free, hot breakfast was adequate with a Southwestern Flair. The staff were friendly and accomodating.

Our King suite was roomy and comfortable. It consisted of a sitting area with dining table, desk, love seat, chair TV. Good lighting for reading, excellent free wireless connection, many TV Channels both English and Spanish. The bed room had a second TV and lots of storage and was spacious. Sitting area bedroom connected by a galley style kitchenette- well equipped with pots and pans, cutlery, dishes for 2, 2 burner hotplate, no dishwasher, no oven.

The unit was showing its age with a little wear and tear around the edges but was clean and the bed very comfortable.

We loved our stay. I have a sense that there has recently been a management change, but I feel our experience does NOT reflect the negative reviews about this hotel presently on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Danet Garza is the most unprofessional GM that I have EVER delt with. Staff is clueless DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank BettsLO
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 July 2010

After seeing pictures online my friends and I made reservations for a 3 night stay, 4 day stay, this turned out to be a HUGE mistake! The first room we were given had not been cleaned, there was a doll left on the floor, milkshakes left in the fridge, unmade beds, the phone had been ripped out of the wall, etc. Of course we asked for another room, the second one smelled strongly of urine, the light fixture broken and left on the stove, and the air conditioner did not work (not acceptable in 100 degree weather) so we had to get a third room. This room was OK at first, except for the bugs in the bathtub (4 of them) and dead bug in the rolled up hand towel, on the third day however the a/c broke and was not fixed by the time we left the following day. Aside from that, our room was not once cleaned or visited by maid service and we had to go to the front desk for towels and toilet paper. It would have been better to have stayed down the street at Holiday Inn and not have paid as much for such a horrible stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank medinapie
Skien, Norway
Reviewed 8 November 2009

this hotel has a very good standard. The rooms are very huge and comfortable.The service was very good. Breakfast buffet + a free social meal in the afternoon on monday-thursday.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank HelgeA4
Upland, California
Reviewed 2 February 2009

This is a great hotel with large rooms. These suites are great, except, as others have pointed out, the thin walls. Most guests are rather quiet though, so this doesn't matter. The decor in the rooms is great and the windows actually open! This is great for those warm Texas nights, where you want to sleep with fresh air. The pool area looked nice, but it was a little too cool out for me to check it out. I was in a second floor suite #206, and it was great and even had little chairs outside the door to sit on and enjoy the fresh air. I liked this hotel and it is in a great area. Stay here and you will not be disapointed.

• Liked — The ambience.
  • Disliked — The noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Pharmarep1979
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I've stayed here twice when I've gone to McAllen (actually Reynosa) on business. It is one of our corporate "preferred" hotels, and I like it. The rooms have a definite Texas decor - they have tiled floor in the kitchen, bath & family room. The room is nice (bedroom is a little dark, but cute). The suites include a small kitchen with sink, burner and refrigerator. The hotel property is nicely decorated and landscaped with palm trees.

The first night I was there the cable TV was out, but that didn't bother me too much. I noticed one night that the walls were a bit thin (heard the neighbors), but when I stayed in a one-story suite it wasn't an issue. I had a bit of a problem with the room key once or twice, but the front desk staff helped me out. The free breakfasts include hot items (eggs, bacon) and there is a happy hour on weeknights. The pool area is nice, too. I spent a morning reading a book there (in April, when it's not too hot)

The hotel is in Mission, not far from McAllen but away from the traffic. We like to stay in this hotel because it's not far from the Mexico border (and you don't have to go through McAllen traffic to get to Mexico). It's in a nice section of town, near some beautiful homes. There is a strip mall not very far (probably could walk) that has a nice bar/grill restaurant.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. I like the charm of the place versus staying at a standard chain hotel.

• Liked — room (suite with kitchette)
  • Disliked — could hear my neighbors sometimes
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Traveler-Kaye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
3.3 km away
5.1 km away
SureStay Hotel Mission
SureStay Hotel Mission
#4 of 9 in Mission

Been to Studio 6 Mission? Share your experiences!