La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn(Montgomery)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$76
US$85
  • Breakfast included
1,426 results
All reviewslazy riverwater parkpiano barlakeside restaurantlake conroeputt putt golfsplash padconference centertennis courtsadult poolclose to homepool sideliving areanice resortbreakfast buffetlake resortself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is a beautiful setting and a great property. The rooms are wonderful and the spa is outstanding.

The only thing that needs work is dining room organization. While friendly it lacked system and efficiency.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank mikebaer
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I surprised my wife with a trip here on our anniversary. I booked the romantic rendezvous package that morning n the room was ready when we arrived early that afternoon. It had rained the entire morning so I had my concerns but the luxury tower suite with exclusive floor access n the staff's rose petals idea truly impressed my wife. The valet drove us over to the spa in the resort's cadillac escalade.the spa was a relaxing experience especially the showers in the locker room n the robes n chairs in the lounge were very relaxing. The dinner at the prime was great w/reasonable pricing. The other restaurant was under renovation. The champagne was delivered later that night as requested n the chocolate covered strawberries were delightful.the complimentary breakfast with the package was nice. That morning we got great pictures by the water n on the suite's private balcony. This was worth every penny spent n really out did the hyatt we stayed at the year before.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank TrillaJ
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I dont know wht the hell these other reviews were in relation to but it cant be here. I read all these reviews b4 I went and was kind of iffy, but still wanted to check it out myself. I must say it was worth the money, and all these other reviews have to be from somebody that has a grudge against someone there. The customer service was A-1. The breakfast buffet @ Prime was satisfying, and delicious. If your in Tx or better yet Houston and want a nice quiet romantic getaway this is the place for you. The hot tub is open 24.7, they have about 6 pools. It was really well worth it.

Room Tip: Nice Nice Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!! All around!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Mz_Ziggy,
Thank you so much for your review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa! We are so glad that you enjoyed your romantic getaway at La Torretta. Our staff will be so happy to hear that you were pleased with their customer service. We hope that you will be back again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We have stayed at La Torretta 5 times over the past 2 years. We really enjoy almost everything about it, and every guest we bring loves it also. All of the pools are really nice, there is a large pool (which I've heard referred to as the adult only pool) but it isn't. It is my favorite because you can put your lounge chair in the water and stay cool when it is sooo hot in the summer. My only complaint about this pool is they need a bar closer to it. When they charge $6 and up for drinks it's nice to have them cold when the server brings them back. There is also a deep pool with 2 big slides for the kids, they are really fast and nice for adults also. The waterpark has 2 kiddie pools for the young kids and they are right by the bar. There is also a lazy river which is nice to float around it, but it gets boring quickly. This needs some updating in my opinion, maybe some places for parents to sit in lounge chairs in the water so we can be near our kids. There are no lifeguards. The other problem is that the lazy river is right in the middle of the grounds. I don't mind walking, but the sidewalks are hot for the kids. One small bridge would solve this problem, and the servers wouldn't have to walk as far either. It is very nice being able to see Lake Conroe while you swim and relax; almost feels like you're on an island somewhere?!? The food at the pool bar is really good even though it's overpriced, but what do you expect?

The rooms! This place ranks as one of the best suites I've stayed in. We travel quite a bit. The beds are heavenly, with lots of pillows. I loved the pillows so much I took a picture of the tag to try to find one online. (only sold to hotels - dang it) Guess I'll have to keep going back. I've stayed in Lake view and Marina view. Lake view is better, but both are nice though as you don't stay in your room a lot. Bathroom is absolutely gorgeous! The only weird thing is that one time we didn't have a bathtub. All the other times there was a separate bathtub and shower (nice big custom shower)! All rooms have a separate living area and bedroom with 2 TV's - nice for kiddos. All rooms have a balcony too. They have snacks in the rooms that are oh so tempting, but expensive.

We ordered room service for breakfast, it was good! Not much in quick food for kids so we ordered pizza one night. Been to the sports bar, nice - with a good atmosphere. Piano bar very fun and good drinks. Sushi bar was delicious. They will make whatever you want!

Putt putt golf for the kids. Lake access swimming. You have to valet park because the parking lot is far from the hotel. Isn't bad, unless you want to hop in your car and get something to eat that doesn't cost you your arm and leg. Sometimes the wait for our car took 15-20 minutes and we always call ahead? Not complaining - just saying. Bring a cooler and snacks for your kids so this won't be a problem. You can't bring any food or drinks into the pool areas, but at least you will have something to snack on.

Spa is wonderful! Both my husband and I did a few treatments on our anniversary. Very relaxing. Prices aren't too bad, as the spa itself is very very high end. Compliments to everyone there.

Overall, we love this place! We live in Montgomery and call it our stay-cation resort. Hope they can keep this big resort going with good service and provide fun activities for the kiddos. We tell everyone about it and will be back!

Room Tip: Lakeview is the best, the higher the floor the better the view of course. Fireworks in the summer can be seen from your balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear tombeth,
Thank you so much for being such a frequent visitor and treasured guest of La Torretta! We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stays with us. You seem to be an expert in staying here and we thank you for giving so many helpful hints to potential travelers. We would so love to see you again very soon and thank you again for all of your glowing compliments, we are flattered.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a little weekend getaway. The resort is nicely decorated. Very nice large conference facilities. Nice little piano bar. However, they are charging too much for the level of stay and level of service they are providing. There was rarely anyone at the front desk. Prior to our stay we called for two weeks trying to set up reservations at the French Restaurant. We left messages. No one ever returned our calls. I emailed the spa about arranging treatments. No one ever answered my email. I emailed the resort director about the fact that no one was communicating back with us and I finally got a phone call. I was told that I was in fact emailed back, however, I searched my email and even searched through the junk mail and there was nothing from them. However, when I emailed Jaime Fore, Manager....he replied to my email and I got it with no problem. Turns out that the French restaurant was not going to be open, even though when we made the reservation we were told it would be. That was disappointing.

When we arrived and went to our room it was on the 18th floor and was a corner room with a nice view. However, it did not have a bathtub...only a shower. We called the front desk to inquire about getting a room with a tub and were told we didn't request that when we made the reservation. I've never heard that before from any other resort. That was very strange. Anyhow, they did say they could move us (since we were only one of probably 10 guests accomodating rooms that weekend). Funny enough, they moved us to the room right next door. I wonder why they didn't put us in that one to begin with. It was the same, it just had a tub AND a separate shower. Very strange.

It was early afternoon and a gorgeous sunny day so we decided to take the long walk over to the miniature golf course only to find out that the club house was closed and we had to walk all the way back to the resort to get clubs and balls at the front desk.

There are 2 large flat screen tv's in the suite. One in the living room area and one in the bedroom. However, reception was very poor on both. Fuzzy. It wasn't worth doing anything about as we weren't really there to watch television.

We ended up having a very nice weekend as we decided to eat in town for every meal since options at the resort were scarce and very over priced. We found a wonderful little italian place called Villa Italia in Conroe. Lovely meal and wine for an exceptional price! We ate breakfast at Egg Cetera (since breakfast at the hotel was $18 per person). It was a great place to eat breakfast! We ate lunch at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish right down the road and it was great!!!! Loved it! Then we visited the wolf sanctuary and loved it also! I would not stay at La Torretta again unless prices were drastically lower as there is hardly any staff to keep the place clean or be of service when needed. The nicest and most attentive staff were the valet guys. Kudos to them! However, when we went to check out there was no one at the front desk again. We waited for awhile and then started yelling "helloooo????" Waited some more....went and got a valet guy to check on where front staff was. Then a girl came finally and said she was in the bathroom.

I know things must get crazy busy in the summer, but if you want to have people stay here in the off season you still have to maintain the property, keep it clean, dust the cobwebs off, clean the glass inside and out on the balconies, etc. I cleaned off some sort of brown spots above the tub on the wall. They looked like coffee had splattered on the wall. It wiped off very easily with a wet rag. That's all it takes....just some attention to detail to keep the place cleaned. Went to buy bottled water from the gift shop and the cooler had someone's old carrot/broccolli tray, an apple, and a bunch of empty water bottles. It was apparant that the person working in there is using that cooler as their personal cooler. Very unprofessional. There was also trash on the floor. There needs to be a higher level of service which only comes from having a quality management team. Smiles and warm, genuine attitudes go a long way to make people feel wanted. That was very lacking in most staff we encountered other than the bell hop and the valet guys.

The spa on the other hand was very nice. We did have to walk all the way out there (which again, just like the mini golf course, is not that close) to make an appointment. But my husband and I both enjoyed our treatments.

If management improves, service improves, cleanliness improves, and pricing is more appropriate then I can see the rating improving.....but until then, I can have a cleaner, more service oriented, and hot breakfast included type of stay at a SpringHill Suites or Drury Inn for a much more reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath tub as there are room that only have showers.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovefrenchbulldogs
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear ilovefrenchbulldogs,
On behalf of our staff I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the disappointments you encountered during your stay at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa.

We are so sorry that you did not receive our responses regarding your reservations at our restaurant and Spa. We did attempt to call and e-mail a response but for some reason, perhaps at our fault, you did not receive our responses. I do apologize that the phone calls to Chez Roux were not being properly forwarded to the appropriate parties, a situation that has been rectified for the future. I also apologize that the fact that Chez Roux is undergoing renovations and will return in the Spring, was not properly communicated to you upon booking as it has been a recent development.

It is also regrettable that your experience with our front desk staff and the cleanliness of the resort was unsatisfactory. I whole-heartily agree that the cleanliness of the resort is extremely important and I am so sorry to hear that you came across these lapses in the gift shop and room. We have addressed the appropriate parties so that you will receive exceptional service if we have the pleasure of winning back your trust.

I am glad you enjoyed your service from our valet and the spa. They were both extremely happy to hear it. If you would like to discuss anything further about your stay, please contact me anytime at 936-448-3103. Again, we appreciate your review and for choosing La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa.

In service,