1,476 results
All reviews lazy river water park piano bar lakeside restaurant lake conroe putt putt golf conference center splash pad tennis courts adult pool close to home pool side lake view nice resort living area breakfast buffet self parking
Reviewed August 14, 2018

we had a four night stay last week at this attractive lake, and golf resort.

prior to our stay i had reached out to front desk manager, who suggested staying in one of the water villas, as more proximate to the conference centre where our group activities were taking place. that was an excellent suggestion made by Brit, as everything was within walking distance.

then, on the ground there, upon arrival, Corbell, at the front desk looked after us. after a warm Texan welcome, he walked us over to the villa, and made sure we were comfortable, and answered questions, and offered good advice.

the pools were great, nice variety, and a very pleasant, and relaxing lazy river, and fun slides,. the adult pool was enjoyed also, overlooking the rest of the action.

breakfasts were well done in restaurant 517, and most enjoyed, food quality was good, presentation of the buffet, and service friendly, and efficient.

the upstairs bar, and the nightclub style venue, in the conference centre, were both enjoyed also.

internet wasn't working in the villas, but the business centre was good, with computers, and hi speed internet access.

Corbell, in particular, and the young German lady on the front desk, were both very helpful, in making our stay memorable.

i now have a better understanding of southern hospitality.

it was a much enjoyed stay.

highly recommended.

Room Tip: the hotel has nice rooms, i enjoyed the water villa, space, and view and direct access to the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00gc, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to know we met all your expectations and you had a great stay. We will definitely share your compliments with the associates you mentioned. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

I was here last year and gave this resort pretty good reviews. Unfortunately on this visit, my experience was not as positive.

Good: Check in speedy, friendly front desk staff, received lower (1st) floor room as requested when I made my reservations. The sushi chef stayed open for me and served me even though I showed up 2 minutes before closing (9PM)

Needs improvement:
- Phone in room did not work - AT All! Had to use cell phone to call front desk
- WiFi connectivity very spotty(on the first floor!)
- Room key stopped working "all of a sudden" then started working again (?)
- Bath showed 2 containers for shampoo and 1 conditioner - no body wash. Housekeeping comes and explains the lighter color green in the other bottle marked Shampoo. Who would have thunk!
- Jacuzzi was lukewarm at best. Heck! the Lazy River water was warmer than the jacuzzi!
- The bed mattress (one) sits on a wooden base where we each dinged our shins multiple times since the wooden base protrudes beyond the size of the mattress. Thankfully the corner were curved otherwise it would have been more than just shin bruises!
- The bathroom doesn't have a fan nor a vent for the a/c to push air into. It gets REALLY hot in there during the August summer heat and humidity. Leaving the door works - but only if co-worker is not in the room at the same time. Fan or HVAC vent in bathroom would be a plus.

Room Tip: Choose room of the lake away from the disco!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Neelee

Dear Neelee,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We're delighted to read that our staff was welcoming and made you feel comfortable and cared for! However, we are equally disheartened to learn about the multiple issues you experienced during your time here. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you encountered with your bed and bathroom, as well as for any issues you found with our wifi and phone connectivity. Please know that we will pass your comments along to the appropriate individuals so we can keep them in mind as we continue to grow and improve. Thank you again for being our guest, and we hope you will give us another chance to leave you with a more positive impression soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this place is that I get to check out tomorrow! Where to begin the list is so long! First of all we got here at about four or 4:30 PM and were offered an upgraded room that I had to keep checking back in on and we did not get to our room until close to 7:30 PM. If they offer you a “upgraded cabin “even if it’s free do not take it! Definitely do not pay extra for it. It is in a very inconvenient location and truly somewhat depressing. The icemaker that services these cabins was totally broken however by the looks of the outside of the icemaker that’s probably a good thing. The only good thing about the cabins is that each cabin has its own parking place. Be prepared, if you have your own car, for your car to be covered with tree sap and pine droppings every morning.
Inside the room was very basic. There was a small refrigerator that had been turned all the way up and the ice compartment of it was about 3 inches thick an old ice. Yuck! There is no microwave or other amenities at all in the room. There is a rickety somewhat broken earning board and an iron from about 1975.
If you like lumpy misshapen pillows, this is the place for you!
There is a weird coffee maker was some kind of tray that you put in a coffee filter of some kind. I would not get anywhere near that as God only knows what is growing on the inside of that based on how poor the housekeeping services were our entire stay. On both days they showed up well after 3 PM. The only services they made was a poorly made bed and took out the garbage and the towels.
The garbage was left in huge garbage bags outside the room collecting and attracting flies. I had to call twice to ask someone to remove those garbage bags from my doorway.Who in this day and age does not have At least a Keurig coffee maker in the room? This resort is probably the least environmentally friendly place I’ve ever been! Styrofoam cups everywhere! Our poor mother earth!
Speaking of the room, the Internet is very slow there are no built-in USB ports so bring a brick if you have electronic devices that you would like to charge. Internet service is painfully slow no matter where you are on the resort.
The TV remote was sticky and in spite of the fact that I asked three times for new batteries they never materialized. The phone in the room barely worked, they had sent did not work at all when engineering finally came after the third call, for which I had to use the speakerphone, he told me there was nothing that he could do and that the phones were serviced by another company or some kind of mumbled excuse. The baseboards in the room are all stained and chipped.the vent for the air-conditioner is stained and thick with dust and mold in spite of me leaving A note for the housekeeper specifically asking them to clean the vent as my son has allergies. When we first got to the room the engineering person was in the room hanging up a wall hanging mirror. He left a pile of plaster dust on the floor which is still here two days later.
The spa lobby was very nice although I was afraid to book a service as the rest of the resort is so poorly maintained I was afraid I would catch something from the spa!
The gym is large and has a lot of equipment. There are signs everywhere imploring you to connect with a staff member for all kinds of reasons, however the entire time I was there I did not see a single staff member in the gym. Most of the benches are cracked and torn and none of the cardio machines connected to Any kind of TV, music or Entertainment. The only reason I did cardio indoors is it is so humid and hot here in August it’s painful and probably unhealthy to be doing anything active outside! The locker rooms are not actually locker rooms but just bathrooms. There is no where to shower if you happen to be unlucky enough to have to be here past check out time.
I have been to many resorts in my life and I have never been to a resort I want to be at less than this place. I found myself more interested in going to the local Walmart than being at the pool which is worse than Las Vegas. There is very loud music played at the pool I’m very bad speakers. It is torture even with my own earbuds plugged in. The pool temperature is way too hot which of course breeds bacteria and that is really gross of course! All of the concrete surfaces are cracked and peeling and in serious need of a repair and maintenance. Speaking of the pool area the first day I was here I punctured my hand on the gate that leads to the pool area. Management could not be less concerned or interested. They handed me a Band-Aid and an alcohol square and were completely uninterested in addressing the specific area that could prove a danger to their guests.
I was afraid to try any of the restaurants here so my son and I ordered in Tony’s pizza which was actually quite good. They deliver directly to the resort.
The ironic part in all of this is that I mentioned when I checked and that I was planning to write a review on trip advisor. You would think they would do everything they could to make sure I wrote a good review. Of all of the reviews I read it seems like they were written by people that must work here. The staff by the way are very sweet and well-intentioned just completely unmotivated to actually make any changes.I cannot imagine anybody enjoying this place. It is depressing, unclean, unmanicured and not at all a relaxing getaway. It is tacky and dilapidated and outdated and uncomfortable. When Walmart is an upgrade you know things are bad. I cannot believe I actually have to pay for my stay here. I even looked into getting an earlier flight out tomorrow morning. The second I wake up tomorrow morning I will flee from this place! If you need to attend an event here, I would definitely recommend staying almost anywhere else. I have never been so miserable at a hotel that calls itself a resort in my life!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00gc, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Dear Alexandra,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to post an honest review. We were so disappointed to read about the multiple issues you experienced during your time here; we strive to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable from the moment they walk through our doors, and it is clear this was not the case for you. For that, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies. Please know that we will pass along your feedback to our team so we can use it to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you again for being our guest. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you so we can replace this memory with a more positive one.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I chose this resort to stay at for my birthday weekend. We wanted to get away and relax and have a good time.Everyone was nice during check-in, it's just that we had to stand in a very long line because there were several weddings and other events going on during our stay and the lobby was full of people. Our king suite was on the 19th floor with an amazing view of the lake. It was huge and the bathroom was absolutely beautiful, looking at pictures online it looks like our bathroom had been renovated. The robes were nice and fluffy. We didn't eat at any of the resort restaurants, we went out for breakfast and dinner, we brought along lots of snacks and drinks. The aqua park was really nice, we went later in the evenings once most of the people left. We had the swimming pool to ourselves and the lazy river was very nice and relaxing. While everyone we encountered were friendly, I visited the spa on my birthday, Markeshia and Connie were extremely nice and professional. They made me feel special and like they really appreciated me being there, that in its self was an awesome experience. We enjoyed everything about our stay, except for the height of the bed, it's very close to the floor and the mattress rests on a platform which caused the mattress to be too hard, so sleeping on the bed, sitting down low on the bed and getting up each morning had our backs hurting. We will be back, but next time will request a different bed type.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Jenny, thank you for the fabulous review of your stay at La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa on Lake Conroe for your birthday weekend. We are delighted to know your stay with us was all that you were hoping for. Nothing is more important to us than making you feel welcome and valued and it appears we hit the mark. We want to be your favorite getaway spot in Texas so we'll be right here perfecting our services in anticipation of your next visit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I've went with my family last year because my Dad has job meetings there every August. The first time I went was incredible, the second time...things went downhill. The pools were green they were kind of warm which is not good with the heat of the sun. It seemed that every time I went there, the pools got dirtier and more like a boiling pot of water. I would get why the lazy river is hot, but the pools? I had to go to the kids' little water park with the giant bucket, because it used to be the only place with cool water. Now, the water park there is just a little place where you go when you wonder what it'll feel to turn into a roasted chicken. I still wonder til' this day, when are they going to clean the golf area and tennis area.
The rooms are overall really nice, I rather stay in there then go outside.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SeanTen10

Sean, thank you for your feedback. We truly apologize that the level of service and cleanliness was not up to par during your stay. That is certainly not up to our standards. Your concerns will be shared with our Director of Housekeeping to determine why we fell short and to make sure this doesn't happen again. We want our property to be a relaxing retreat and will continue to work diligently to make sure all of our guests leave the resort refreshed and planning their next visit. Thank you again and we hope you’ll return and give us another chance to make it up to you.