“nice hotel and great location (right in front of NASA)!”

Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassau Bay
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in February this year. Probably my 3rd time staying there. Great location right in front of NASA Johnson Space Center. I go there whenever I stay there. Many restaurants, and also Walgreen are in walking distance. ( You got to try some Kolaches at Mornings Kolaches, which is located near the hotel:)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I attended a meeting at this location and the staff was amazing. The location is great located right in front of NASA space center in the Clear Lake area. Lots of places to eat in the area and only a few mikes fro. Clear lake.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear d_seekingtavel,

We greatly appreciate your meeting at the hotel. It is wonderful to hear you found the location convenient to Johnson Space Center as well as restaurants near by. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Houston Clear Lake area.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

5 of us were in League City on the night before a cruise, but unfortunately our cruise was delayed by a day. That meant we needed to find a hotel for another night ASAP. Luckily, this hotel had rooms to accommodate us. We would have liked 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, but there was a group that had reserved all of them. Even so, we felt fortunate to find 2 rooms with a king and a sofa bed. Everything was clean, and there were places to eat that were within walking distance. A free breakfast would be nice, and the bar staff could smile more. Otherwise, it was all good.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the Space Centre, however I was pleasantly surprised by how neat clean and tidy it was. Everything seemed shiny and new. It was a pity it seemed relatively unoccupied as the bar was always uncrowded. The staff were a delight. My only complaint related to the in room coffee. Only one regular and one decaf, and sachet milk! Blah!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear robhar174,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Houston Clear Lake area. I hope you enjoyed your time at Space Center Houston. We are glad to hear that you found the hotel to be neat, clean, and tidy. I greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to the in room coffee. I will share the information with our leadership team.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is right accross Johnson Space Center, so is very convenient if you are visiting JSC.
There is ample free parking, an out door not heated pool and jacuzzi. The pool setting is ok but could be decorated better to be more pleasant.
The rooms are ok but carpet could be cleaner, and they could be maintained better. I had to call facilites a couple of times due to various thing not functioning well. They did responded promptly and solved them.
The lobby is nice and remodeled with a grab and go food area and also a sit down restaurant. Room service is also available and they have a refrigerator with food to buy.
The room does have a small refrigerator with no freezer and hot water for tea or coffee.
The rooms also have a desk to work at.
The hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of restaurants.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Aco2030,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. It is through our guest comments that we are able to make improvements and changes. I have shared your information with our leadership team.
We would love to see you again if you are back in the area.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We stayed here right before visiting NASA and the location was ideal. You can see NASA from the hotel. The rooms, we clean and large. Hotel staff was courteous, but did not excel like some do. Other than the Starbucks onsite, the hotel was lacking food items that other full service hotels have. For the rate we paid through Price Line, this hotel was a steal, but know that it is not a 5 star hotel, it is a Courtyard Marriot. It will suffice for most travelers. Lives up to the mid range Courtyard Marriot standard.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed similar to me,
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear zpalm,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Houston Clear Lake area. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us make changes and improvements. We have shared your comments with our executive team.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and clean in a very convenient location. The man who checked us into our room was very helpful.

My only complaint was when I went down to the bistro to order a drink I ordered a white wine and the bartender asked me at least 3 different times which wine I wanted. They only serve about 7-10 different wines. Even after asking me she not only gave me the wrong wine, but it was a red wine. I blew it off and drank it anyway but when I went to pay the bartender started to ask how my wine was which I replied that it was nice but I preferred white. She then said she had never had wine before and didn't know what it tasted like. This irritated me because someone that clearly does not know the product they are selling just gave me something I didn't want only because they didn't know the difference. Please train bistro staff better on products behind the bistro/bar area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Alyssa R,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience in the Bistro. It is through our guest's comments that we are able to make changes and improvements. It was great to hear that you found the hotel to be nice and clean. We would love the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau Bay
1.9 km away
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
0.4 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston
7.1 km away
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
0.5 km away
Extended Stay America - Houston - NASA - Johnson Space Center
5.2 km away
Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center
3.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA

Been to Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake? Share your experiences!