“monthly Schooner dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

service was excellent as well as our stuffed flounder. Eat there at least once a month and have yet to have a bad meal or service.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I started going to the Schooner in 1967 and haven't stopped. They have absolutely the best seafood in the area. I especially like that they don't fry anything too long. The fish dishes, shrimp, crab and gumbo are always very good. Most of the wait staff that was working in 1967 is still there (they call you hon, sugar or some other term of endearment). They may be older, but they are not slow. The prices are reasonable and the beer is cold. What more could you ask for.

1  Thank ron l
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here because people said it was supposed to be a must stop. I SAY MUST NOT STOP WORST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT I’VE EVER EATEN AT!!!!!
We stopped for family dinner. We ordered 2 Seafood platters & chicken fettuccine Alfredo & salads. We also ordered mixed drinks with our meals. The shrimp tasted like it was embalmed & the BBQ crab must’ve died well before it was cooked & served because there wasn’t ANY CRAB MEAT AT ALL INSIDE THE SHELL!!!! My husband had frog legs & they were like rubber & flavorless. My daughter didn’t even eat her chicken Alfredo it was that bad!!! The salad was the best part. The mixed drinks were terrible. I ordered a frozen peach margarita & it tasted like lime. When I questioned the waiter he simply said yes it’s peach. Makes you go hmmmmm..... We spent $100 & we’d been better off just going to Walmart & buying & cooking our own seafood meals & chicken fettuccine Alfredo & making our own mixed drinks. I RECOMMENDED YOU DRIVE TI BAYTOWN SEAFOOD in Nederland. Prices & food are AMAZING!!!!! That’s where we go now anytime we want good seafood.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch with a retired friend and his wife. Service was good. Good arrived quickly, sent one meal back that was wrong. Corrected meal arrived quickly. Kept glasses full. Nice atmosphere. It's been awhile since I've eaten here but as before very pleased.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

This place has been here for many years. It consistently has great gumbo. They make a very dark rue, and season the gumbo well.

1  Thank Chas87714