“Clean and friendly.”

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Arkansas
“Clean and friendly.”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My two daughters and I are at the Days Inn hotel in New Braunfels, TX - right off I-35. The lobby was clean - very clean. Our room is clean. The bathroom is very clean - even the inside of the shower curtain looks as clean as new. Someone wrote a complaint about the bedspreads in an earlier review; our bedspread is fine. The sheets are white and clean, and there are five white, overstuffed pillows on the one king size bed in our room. The mattress is firm enough - it doesn't "sink" when we sit on it. The man at the front desk was friendly and helpful, showed us the dining room, and commented that my daughters might like the Texas size waffles tomorrow morning, so we'll look forward to that.

After reading the negative reviews on this website before we came, we almost didn't come. I'm glad we gave it a try - nice, clean, pleasant place.

Melissa B.,
Ark.

Room Tip: Room with 1 king-size bed is very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Dear Melissa,

Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place for all of our guests to stay in. We will pass all of our comments to our staff about this service that they provided to you. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a job well done!

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come visit us again in New Braunfels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 3 December 2011

There is nothing here to be excited about except that it will not break your wallet. Just a plain motel. Clean, skip the continental breakfast and go next door to Ihop.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
marisa h, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank for you for taking the time to comment. We are happy we could provide you with affordable accommodations.

Days Inn
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn from October 6th and left October 9th. Whenever we dealt with Justin, the desk clerk, he was ALWAYS so nice, whether on the phone or in person. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast and using the computer to check e-mails. The room was great. We are very grateful for a wonderful experience. Thank you, Justin, and the rest of the staff at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments about Justin. He is a great employee and we will take your comments and pass them on to him. We like to do that because we like to tell our employees when they are doing good.

Once again thank you for yoru comments. We hope that you will stay with us again on future visits.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The location is pretty good, convenient to all the things I wanted to go to. There was something wrong with my door handle, and it was hard to open the door with the key card. I did not mention it at the front desk until I checked out this morning, so hopefully, they will take a look at it.

The toilet sits very low, but the bathroom was clean. The couch had some kind of white stuff on the arm, which kind of grossed me out to be honest, so I didn't use it at all. The room had a fridge, but no microwave. The pool was small but appeared to be very clean.

I'm pretty sure that it was the manager that I spoke to this morning, as he was there yesterday and there was the same car parked under the portico both days. Frankly, I understand it's hot. but that roof IMO is to cover the guests cars, not the employees. Another car had to sit in the sun while I got my GPS going. Note to management: The customers needs come before yours.

It wasn't a bad place, and I suppose management will make a comment about how they will use the review to improve, but with all the other comments like that, I just don't buy it. If management was on top of things, they would not be hogging what is meant to be a temporary parking spot and there would not be an issue with door locks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently looking in to your concerns about the parking situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. You are our number one priority. We are also looking into the issues about your room as well.

Thanks again for your comments.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently with two friends. For starters, when I called to confirm the day before that I had a reservation the front desk clerk who answered the phone was very rude. I asked if he had a reservation under my last name and he immediately said yes without even checking the system because I then continued to ask what is the first name on the reservation just to be on the safe side. He then had to actually look me up in the system and made it very clear that he was not happy about it. I asked if I could have a late check-in and the man said their hotel does not do that for people. I decided to overlook this rudeness and still give the hotel a chance, when I got there the next day the woman working the front desk was sitting on the computer on facebook (both times that I went to the desk). Our room was even worse. There was a used band-aid stuck on the bathroom door, it smelt terrible in the room, and we then discovered a wet used towel inside the made bed, along with a dirty sock (which neither belonged to any of us). This makes it very obvious that the cleaning service did not even bother doing the proper routine or even change the sheets on the bed. I was completely disgusted and would not recommend this hotel for anyone, it was no where worth the $100.00 I paid for it.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms here. They are all the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. We hold our staff to the highest standards and it is our policy to treat every guests with respect and in a professional, courteous, manner. Thank you for your feedback as it will help us improve.

Days Inn

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

USA
Reviewed 31 July 2011

For us a Schlitterbahn area crash pad, easy 10 minute drive to water park and just off I-35. First room had broken frig temp knob and leaking toilet wax ring with sloppy gray caulk job; after some prodding we got a better room with working utilities, sofa bed, and microwave as upgrade. Breakfast bar room was too small for guest population, overflowed in to lobby, so we took food back to room. WiFi service excellent, but small outdoor pool needed some improved sparkle. Adequate and well lit parking with no trash. No guest noise or security issues during stay (although some local rodeo club did put a flyer on our parked car - not cool). Beds were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Pre-paid through Hotels.com for decent rate
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AmbleOutdoors
CEGHotelsResponse, Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciated your comments and we will use them to improve our service to the guest. We will be passing these comments on to our staff. we strive to have a safe, clean, and comfortable hotel.

The Days Inn New Braunfels is located in the heart of historic New Braunfels, just 30 Miles north of San Antonio, Fiesta Texas, and Sea World. We offer free Hot Breakfast as well as Free High-Speed Internet, Business Center and complimentary USA Today Newspapers. Relax by our sparkling Outdoor Pool And Hot Tub, or visit the famous Schlitterbahn Water Park located just 2 Miles from the hotel.

We hope to have you again as our guest. Thanks again for your comments.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Good: The parking was great, love that you have access from the parking lot to the rooms. Breakfast buffett was great and the price was excellent. The fridges in the room and space in the rooms was great!
Bad: The decor is 1980. The beds were horrid as were the sheets and blankets. The bathroom was bad, needs repainting and new tubs and sinks. The carpet was completely nasty and needs to be changed out as do the beds. The pool fence needs to be repaired (a car smashed into it) and the hot tub was inoperable.
But hey, for the price, well, its up to you.

• Stayed July 2011
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review of our hotel. Thank you for telling us your concerns. We will be working to correct these issues. We strive to provide all our guests with a safe, clean, and comfortable hotel. Your comments will help us improve on that.

We hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to the area. Thanks again for your review.