“My First camping/river experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Lazy L and L Campground and Store
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'm a city girl and i've never done anything like this before. I had a BLAST and can't wait to do it again. Even thought it was a 'holiday weekend' it didn't seem that crowded. Everyone there was polite and well behaved. I always felt safe. Our camp site was clean the river was beautiful... what's not to like?!

As far as my ratings go i poot Terrible for Fitness center and pool because I don't think those things were offered here.

Room Tip: since you're bringing your own room i guess if you don't like it... it's your fault...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bekah W

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I've stayed here twice and plan to be back again this year. Mind you I stay in the winter so I have different expectations from those who go in the summer. I'm looking for a quiet peaceful park with friendly staff, good prices and lots of facilities and that is exactly what I get. Everybody else who camps at the same time as I obey the rules, so there is never a problem with other campers or the owners and staff.
Why blame the owners for the poor behavior of other campers? Why get all pissy when you are asked to turn your radio down! You may say it is not loud enough to be heard elsewhere but I call this selected deafness. Thankfully they keep out barking nasty dogs who's owners seem to think that keeping their dogs on a leash and cleaning up after them applies to the other person and not them. Their prices are in line with the other campgrounds in the area and their facilities are much better.
I think a lot of people who leave negative feedback would have trouble no matter where they went.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Judith I
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've stayed quite a few places on the river over the years for tubing vacations, and I must say Lazy L and L was by far the cleanest, nicest, and well ran facilities I have been to. They were very well staffed which helped out when you had any questions/problems, and I also liked the fact that they had their own staff as well as police officers patrol the campgrounds as needed. Good job Lazy L and L! your place is awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank SnM2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We booked this place after looking at a lot of online reviews. We had no issues in finding in the campsite as it was not one of those busy weekends. We conveniently had a grill, water and electricity supply. The volleyball court was very nicely maintained. We enjoyed the tubing..The convenience store was really 'convenient'! They were open till 11 in the night, so we got stuff like lantern, tent nails, more water, ice etc....(yup u can forget a thing or two) We slept out in the open on the grass...and I am glad no one really bothered us about that as we slept in a safe spot.
There seems to be ample space for RV and Tent camping..all in all it seems like we did end up with a great choice when comparing to other resorts/sites at the river bend.

Room Tip: Most of the campsites have access to the river which is awesome. You can always call to see if you n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank DivyaGupta1984
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at LL2. It's the Lazy L&L satellite camp site, down the road from the Lazy L&L. It is smaller and more secluded. There is only one row of campsites. The river is down a small slope on one side and a small road on the other side. We reserved N-Q. There is only a port a potty at these sites, but you can drive to the Lazy L&L and use their bathroom and shower. The bathroom right beside the gift shop was the cleanest. There was electricity and water to all of our camp sites. We really liked it here and will be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lifewithaview
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Campground was great, fishing and swimming was wonderful, but their lack of customer service was appalling! I have never been treated so poorly in all my 26 years! Not only that, it was WAY overpriced and they are NOT dog friendly! I will never be going back and will warn everyone I know never to step foot near their establishment, IF you can call it that! Horrible people!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank KaraBee2013
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Nice campground. Maintained Facilites. Both nights had loud parties but somewhat tolerable. Office staff were courteous and proactive. Camp store has just about anything you need in case you forget something. Suggest bringing your own firewood/charcoal as the camp store is a bit pricier.

• Stayed: October 2012