All reviewsbeautiful campgroundthe mph speed limitguadalupe riverwinter texansi'm guessingrv parkcampersrestroomsprofanityblastbandsdeer
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

There were 4 of us wanting to camp for the night and the Lazy L&L is usually our go-to spot; nice location, good fishing, and decent campsites. However, this last time was the last straw. They raise the price every time we visit, this time it was $50 for one night. I better be getting a continental breakfast and HBO for that kinda money. On top of that, the staff always seems pissed off to have another customer. Like they'd rather you kept your money and went somewhere else, which would explain the price. Anyways,I wouldn't recommend it, there are better places up the road.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Tom C
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let me start with saying that the campground itself is gorgeous. But there are lots of others on the Guadalupe just as nice if not nicer. DON'T STAY HERE unless you are going there to meditate. We had a large group on 4 campsites. We were celebrating a 51st birthday and having a Chili Cook-off. At 9:30pm the owner came and starting yelling and shoving one of the campers saying he was going to call the police. We asked what the problem was and he would not explain himself and just became more uncooperative and agitated. We had the music at the same level as the neighbors camping. It was on a little Bluetooth speaker. Hardly a boom-box... We were playing a mix of music. We couldn't understand what the problem was. About an hour later our camp was swarming with police. The owner was along for the ride and got out of the police car in his walker claiming that one of the campers had threatened him. Remember this is a family gathering and we were just enjoying each others company around the campfire listening to music and gabbing. We tried to explain to the police what had really happened but they wouldn't hear it. Obviously this wasn't the first time they came to rescue this "poor guy"...... They also accused us of having people run when they saw the police. We were all still there. No one ran, but again they didn't believe us and searched the camp and all the grounds. If that wasn't enough, the next morning one of the campers went to get some coffee and the 'FREINDLY' campground store and they didn't want to let him back in unless he paid an additional $5. This was at 9:00am. He said he didn't have the cash on him and would pay on the way out. After about 1 hour, again management shows up at the camp and threatens us again for refusal to pay. This owner/management is NUTS. You couldn't pay me to go back there. If anyone from L&L Lazy Campground reads this we would like you to know that no matter how hard you tried we still managed to have a great time. You didn't ruin it for us no matter how hard you tried. Also, Don't put in your rules that music is allowed from 8am - 12am. That place is a great example of a poorly run camp.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
17  Thank Ljow35
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a city girl and i've never done anything like this before. I had a BLAST and can't wait to do it again. Even thought it was a 'holiday weekend' it didn't seem that crowded. Everyone there was polite and well behaved. I always felt safe. Our camp site was clean the river was beautiful... what's not to like?!

As far as my ratings go i poot Terrible for Fitness center and pool because I don't think those things were offered here.

Room Tip: since you're bringing your own room i guess if you don't like it... it's your fault. :-P
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bekah W
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed here twice and plan to be back again this year. Mind you I stay in the winter so I have different expectations from those who go in the summer. I'm looking for a quiet peaceful park with friendly staff, good prices and lots of facilities and that is exactly what I get. Everybody else who camps at the same time as I obey the rules, so there is never a problem with other campers or the owners and staff.
Why blame the owners for the poor behavior of other campers? Why get all pissy when you are asked to turn your radio down! You may say it is not loud enough to be heard elsewhere but I call this selected deafness. Thankfully they keep out barking nasty dogs who's owners seem to think that keeping their dogs on a leash and cleaning up after them applies to the other person and not them. Their prices are in line with the other campgrounds in the area and their facilities are much better.
I think a lot of people who leave negative feedback would have trouble no matter where they went.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Judith I
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've stayed quite a few places on the river over the years for tubing vacations, and I must say Lazy L and L was by far the cleanest, nicest, and well ran facilities I have been to. They were very well staffed which helped out when you had any questions/problems, and I also liked the fact that they had their own staff as well as police officers patrol the campgrounds as needed. Good job Lazy L and L! your place is awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends