Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Carole F
Dallas, Texas

Updated , good location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 30, 2023via mobile
I have stayed at this property for almost 5 years many many times .
They have updated the rooms and most everything added a small bar, etc. .
This is an excellent location as you are walking distance to the roundabout, and to all the restaurants and bars, you will not have to drive . In the basement there is a speakeasy wonderful bar with live music. .
Next door is also a really great clean restaurant with good beers and solid good food, great tacos and exceptionally good burgers .
It is a fun location for couples, bachelorette parties, or couples traveling together. I wouldn’t recommend it for small children. .
I believe there are only eight rooms. I’ve stayed in five of the eight. .
I would make guests extremely aware that the live music goes late into the night from the basement as well as the bar/restaurant next-door sometimes they have outdoor entertainment .
Easy check in and out with room codes and no car keys .
They supposedly close the front door at 10 PM ?
We came back to our room after a nice evening about 930. All of the rooms are upstairs and they were probably 8 to 10 people congregating around the staircase that obviously we’re not staying in any of these rooms and there was a child up there as well. .
It could be quite noisy so if you want a quiet Place to say, I would definitely not recommend it . I would definitely ask for extra towels and I would not shower at night. They must use the water from downstairs. We had to both take cold showers before going to bed….. in the morning time the hot water was fine.
I would ask for a room that faces the street /mill, and not on the side where the restaurant is it is definitely louder.
I would suggest that the owner place a sign at the bottom of the staircase, so that people cannot go up and down the stairs that are not staying at the hotel.
I spoke to the person at the desk/what appeared to be the manager before leaving he seemed to make note of it, but wasn’t too forthcoming about letting the owners know about this being a problem we have never had that happen before .
My husband noticed that he wasn’t very attentive when I spoke to him about the people wandering around upstairs that were not staying at the property late at night
I would definitely go back, but I would suggest they make a couple of changes as people are coming and going at all hours and I believe he said the bar in the basement closes at 1:00 AM .
For us it’s all about location and comfort since you feel like you’re staying in a grand home and not hotel room .
There are no closets. FYI because it’s an old German built home that was remodeled. The room sizes are very nice and the bedding is comfortable. . There’s a small room at the top of the staircase where you can get your own coffee in the morning which is very nice and there is a front balcony with chairs that you can sit outside. We did that for a couple of years now they are remodeling it and it’s going to be a very nice place to sit and have a glass of wine..
You can take your drinks from the bar downstairs in the lobby the bar in the basement and I think from the restaurant next-door and go from place to place and to your room there doesn’t seem to be a problem with that . I really enjoy staying here. I just think there is room for some improvement with privacy..
Date of stay: January 2023
Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the side where the restaurant Muck & Fuss is. Also they have...
C$369
    C$191
2.6 km from Prince Solms Inn
Pool
View more hotels in New Braunfels
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2020

Nice restaurant next door nice bar downstairs, After that room 4 avoid, they give ear plugs out like candy , big trucking company across street , could not close door to go to bathroom because my knees stuck out and I’m not tall?? Small room no chairs tv didn’t work no remote !! Hit my head on shelf above sink trying to shave ?? And over priced !!!!

Room tip: Rooms 6 ; 7; 8 okay
Date of stay: March 2020
PrinceSolmsInnNB, Owner at Prince Solms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant next door & bar located at the inn. In regards to the noise, we do our very best to let guests know that our hotel is a historic building and can occasionally allow for noise. This is also why we provide ear plugs for guests. As stated here: https://www.princesolmsinn.com/rooms. As for your experience with some of our amenities in the room, we encourage all of our guests to please reach out to the front desk if there is a problem so that we can immediately fix it on site. We hope you'll be able to look past these few things & allow us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

The historic Prince Solms! We had a blast. The staff was amazing. Trent went above and beyond to make sure our stay was awesome. The Jazz Club in the basement is so neat. I will say the only bad thing is the love music from outside can be heard in your room. They provide ear plugs.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Prince Solms Inn, Owner at Prince Solms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2020

Thanks for the 5 star rating, we appreciate it!

Reviewed June 18, 2019

We stayed at the Prince Solms Inn for one night. There were pro's and con's. I do think I would consider staying here again, but maybe not during the hottest parts of the summer.
We arrived a little before the stated check-in time of 3PM. We found easy parking on a side street and had lunch at Muck & Fuss next door. I highly recommend the restaurant, it was easily the best meal of our trip. By the time we finished, it was about 2:45PM, so we tried to get into the inn, but the door was locked. I recalled there was a note on the reservation to find someone at the restaurant to let us in.

Jo was super nice and was willing to let us check in early, but the rooms were not ready. So she offered us a place to change into our swimsuits so we could head to the Comal for some rafting.

Upon our return, the rooms were ready and we got settled. As everyone else has noted, the hotel is old. The rooms are old, but well-appointed. I was in room 3, the only one with a king size bed. My main issue with the inn was that I was really warm in the room. The ceiling fan is nice, very powerful and noisy. I can't sleep with so much airflow. We finally figured out that we could adjust the transom window above the door to let some of the air-conditioned air from the hallway into the room. The only problem was that the lights in the hallway were kept on all night. It seemed odd to me that there was no air conditioning in the room, or maybe there was, but there was no way to control it. I'm not certain. I will say that I slept pretty well and the room seemed to cool down during the night.

I got up early to grab a coffee in town and was again confronted with the locked front door when I returned a little before 8AM. I get that a locked door is good for security, but what am I supposed to do when I can't get back into my room? These little details were not explained to us.

I did try to call the property twice prior to arrival. I left a message the first time and my call was never returned. So I guess that is the second issue I had. I think the guest to property communication could be better. I get that it is a small property, but I would have appreciated that return phone call.

Would I stay again? I'd need clarification about the A/C for sure, but assuming the room would be cool at night, I probably would. I like historical properties and the staff was nice when we interacted with them.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Juilletdix

We appreciate your feedback & hope you'll allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Being a location in New Braunfels during the summer you have to offer some type of parking for guest. Parking is a nightmare in this town. They mentioned they had spots behind hotel but all were taken by their restaurant visitors or local tubers. Really stinks cause the hotel is cool and has a lot of history.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank WillButler4

So sorry Will, but we actually do have two parking lots, which includes our private lot, and the NAPA Auto Parts lot across the street.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

My mom and I absolutely loved our stay here! Dan is such a wonderful manager and he is very knowledgeable about town’s history. Reasonable price, historical building, breakfast voucher to great Union Station breakfast...Muck & Fuss next door is a delightful place to dine outside. Delicious food.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for the amazing review, we appreciate it!