Gruene Cottages
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$89
US$81
Country Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$55
SleepInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$56
Hotels.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$107
Hotels.com
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$70
BestWestern.com
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$121
Courtyard
Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Hotels.com
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$280
All reviewsrocking chairscovered parkingnice staycomfortporchgruenepoolpropertynoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Clean cottages with comfy beds. Pool is excellent for learning swimmers-- 5ft at the deepest and 3ft on the ends. We were in Pecos, offering a full kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, etc. You *could* sleep 4, but I don't recommend it. The futon is like sleeping on the floor, so avoid it if you have back problems. Tub is large enough for a full size (over 6ft) man. Outside was very nice and well-kept. It's in walking distance from downtown Gruene, with shopping and Gruene Hall for live music.

Room Tip: Take two people off their listing for accomodation-- if it says 6, it's 4 comfortably.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I met up with family and stayed for several days here. Both our cottage (the smaller Sonoma cottage) and the larger cottage with a kitchen where the rest of my family stayed (Comfort) were cozy, clean and had very original/well-thought out decorative details without being over-the-top or too kitch. The property had some great amenities, including a pool and playground for kids and multiple bbq pits. It was also close enough to walk to downtown Gruene without being right in the middle of all of the noise-- I slept very soundly the entire time I was there. It's also a great central location from which to explore the hill country. While there's no restaurant on the property, it is close to lots of good places (it is run by the same family that runs the Gruene Mansion Inn, and you can arrange to have breakfast there). There are refrigerators or kitchens in all of the rooms, and we found it really convenient to be able to cook and keep our own food. Everyone in my family-- from granny to my toddler nephew-- was quite happy with the place and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I rode my bicycle from North Central San Antonio to Gruene, TX and stayed at the Gruene Cottages. I stayed overnight in the "Sage" guestroom. The friendly staff at the Gruene Mansion Inn (which owns & operates Gruene Cottages) allowed me to check-in early and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring I had a great stay. My guestroom is one of the smallest available but it had wonderful charm and I enjoyed a relaxing evening after a long bicycle ride. Free WIFI allowed me to stay connected to friends/family. The cottages are located south of downtown Gruene so it's a decent walk if you want to go back into town. That distance from the hustle and bustle of Gruene, especially on a weekend when parking and traffic congestion can become an issue, provided the perfect opportunity to enjoy some tranquility.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo