“Thieves and Liars”

Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
DFW, Tx
“Thieves and Liars”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

If you are looking for a decent place for the money, this would be fine! EXCEPT for the fact that the OWNER, Mr. Patel is a LIAR and the maid staff are thieves. We left after one night because even though they say they are pet friendly, you cannot leave your pet to go out to eat or float the river. We checked out and found accommodations elsewhere, same price. After being gone 6 hrs, we realized that in the haste to check out, we left our camera battery and charger plugged into the wall. We returned back to the hotel, the room had been cleaned and had not been occupied other than by the maid. The charger and battery had been taken, either thrown away or stolen. Typically, when you leave items behind, they are taken to a lost and found but not here! $115.00 loss on the charger and battery, police report filed on the maid! When you call the same NATIONAL 1-800 number they tell you that you are out of luck because it is independently owned. WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE ever! All other hotels in New Braunfels, Tx were 90% occupied, there were only 5 rooms in this hotel occupied, very creepy! The room smelled of mildew and I would NEVER suggest this hotel to anyone that is wanting a decent time while in New Braunfels! Frank, the desk clerk, is Mr. Patel's puppet!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank adaizeeaday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We booked this hotel as merely a cheap place to stay for a couple of days. We got 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each to accommodate 7 people. When entering the hotel we noticed that it was crawling with crickets outside and in the halls. Not so bad, until we noticed that they were crawling all over the inside of our rooms too. We still weren't that grossed out until we saw the blood stains on the headboard and bathroom of one of the rooms. Then we found the dead crickets inside a pillowcase. Thoroughly disgusted, we pulled back the sheets of all of the beds to find a live spider crawling around in one of them. We called down to the front desk manager, who informed us that there was no one available to change the bedding, but we could carry the cricket graveyard pillowcase to the front desk ourselves if we wanted it replaced. After informing him that this was simply unacceptable, he told us that there was no manager on duty and he would have to call him to see what he could do. Several minutes and phone calls later, we were told that we could move rooms. The second room was equally disgusting, so we decided to simply check out and leave at this point.

As we had not actually stayed in our rooms and because their conditions were positively inhospitable, we demanded our back. The front desk manager told us that refunding our money would not be possible and refused to let us speak to the manager of the property. He also claimed to have inspected the rooms and found no evidence of any bugs, despite the fact that they were crawling all over the lobby (and around the coffee and food area) as well. He was rude, derogatory, yelled at us and threatened to have us removed from the property if we did not leave...for simply demanding our money back. Eventually he refunded one of the rooms back, but refused to refund the other. We called the credit card company, the Better Business Bureau, Red Roof corporate and the City of New Braunfels Health Department, so hopefully this will be fully resolved soon. However, I have never in my life encountered a hotel with such despicable conditions nor a staff so unconcerned with the welfare of their guests. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank mandykamps

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed 6 September 2010

I have never been in a more sparse room! The room was large as advertised, however, it looked barren: bed, tiny built in night tables, desk, desk chair, dresser. Huge empty corner where in most rooms, a comfy chair and table might be...well, almost empty. There was a dead cricket. And he had a couple of friends in the bathroom. Breakfast was stale and sparse and cut off at exactly 9:00 am although there were still people trying to eat in the institutional looking breakfast room. The staff was pretty much just there (and not too pleased about it). We weren't particularly thrilled to carry our luggage up the stairs either-no elevator or offer of assistance. Our first and last experience with Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank raktravel
Fort Worth
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The carpets throughout the place are dirty and stained and deperately need cleaning. My room had dead bugs on the floor and crumbs. They didn't vacume the floor for the first three days untill I put paper signs on the floor pointing out the bugs. Talking to the manager did nothing. NO INTERNET at all. No hot water in the shower. No coffee for the machine in the room after the first day. I had to stay for 4 days because it was prepaid by my company and they wouldn't refund or cancle so I could stay anywhere else. Free breakfast was dry cereal, toast or stale looking sweet rolls.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank glassman007
Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Thanks to the courtesy of the Red Roof Inn! While I was working in Seguin, TX I found a place called the Red Roof Inn in New Braunsfels, TX . It looked very clean and lit up. During the time of my stay, my grandmother passed away and they were so kind to hold my stuff. Which included about $300 worth of clothes and some small item, totaling about $50. I went back a few days later to collect my things the front desk clerk politely informed me that I owed him $32. So the next day I came back to pay the fee and collect my stuff, he said that the day shift had stored it but he didn't know were. So the $32 was not paid. Since then I have made several attempts to get my personal belongings but keep getting the run around....the night person doesn't know were my stuff is call during the day; the day doesn't know were my stuff is contact the manager; AND ALSO THE MANAGER DOESN'T KNOW he's going to look for it! Again, I spoke to the manager and he said again, he would look. At this time I tried to explain that I didn't stay there any longer because they changed my weekly rate and it was out of my budget. His reply was I DON'T CARE YOU DIDN'T RENT THE ROOM ANYWAY! Later this same afternoon I called back to see if he had located it. The clerk that answered the phone told me I had just missed the manager by ten minutes. He stated he would call the manager on his cell phone because he didn't say anything to him before he left. I give him a while and call him back. At this time I was informed that they gave my belongings to the local charity or Goodwill.
Thank again to the Red Roof Inn of New Braunsfels, TX. G.Saucedo

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank sauce_dog
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed 18 August 2009

After reading the other reviews, I was hesitant to book at Red Roof in New Braunfels. But because of the good price and location, I decided to give it a try. This hotel meets basic needs and the staff was very friendly. The guy at the front desk suggested places to visit that were in walking distance, and he was generally helpful.

The room was okay. We did notice that almost EVERYTHING in the room was bolted in, so it is possible they have a problem with guests stealing things. Overall the hotel seemed safe. No shady people around and the other guests seemed to be families with children. Red Roof also has security surveillance cameras.

The internet was slow but at least it worked. The free breakfast was extremely limited . I only noticed cereal and a few bread type items--no healthy items such as bananas or yogurt were offered.

I would book here again if I just need a place for a night or two. If you are wanting more creature comforts, you should probably book somewhere else. My boyfriend and I did like the fact that there are a lot of businesses within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank breezewayfarm
oklahoma
Reviewed 26 June 2009

we had 15 family members with 3 rooms during our vacation. unfortunately, this motel was an awful mistake that will NEVER happen again. we were excited about getting the motel since we all would be able to get a room in it. however, staying 4 nights, there were a couple that we had to beg for extra bedding since we had several children in our room that had to sleep on the floors, therefore, needing their own bedding. they assured me the extra kids in each room were not a problem, but yet, why wouldnt they accomadate their sleeping arrangements? did they expect all of us to fit on 2 beds?!? they also told us that their motel was so full during our stay so we couldnt have rooms beside each other. again, where were all the cars if they were so full?? Of the 15 family members we had, 9 of them were children. The kids, as well as adults, were excited about being in the pool being it was so hot outside. When the last day came, 7 of those kids were complaining about their ears hurting them bad, to the point they were in tears!! We called the doctor and took all the kids to their appointments to find that each and every one of them had inner and outer ear infections. My sister called the office to find that they denied everything saying their pool was just like it should be and everything was ok. You tell me that after 7 doctor bills, ear drops for each one of them ranging from copays of $75.00-$130.00 each that their pool is ok!! They refused to give us a number to someone of higher authority saying there was noone higher, (another lie!). So, was our stay good, of course not! and dont let them tell u on the phone when making reservations that they have microwaves and frig in the rooms because they dont! their microwave and frig i guess r in what they call a wonderful continental breakfast, which it was far from being. If you have children, heck, even if you dont, i would NOT recommend letting the kids or adults go into their pool, unless you want to hear your children cry from ear infections later!! and another complaint, they claim they have free wireless internet, i have to laugh at this. if you have the patience to wait an hour for a page to load, or keep having to reconnect, then yes, they do have it, otherwise, no.....it was far from any hotels internet i have ever used before!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family