“Pet Friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 8 February 2017

This La Quinta is very pet friendly. My boys were welcomed with open arms and they were comfortable during their stay with me. The rooms are clean and the breakfast has a variety of choices. The staff are nice, informative and helpful. I'd recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
AJ A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thank you for the review phoenixp694. We are happy to hear that you and your boys enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Overall very good just bad odor. The location of the Hotel is great easy access to everywhere that you want to go. The price per night was slightly high but good. I recommend this hotel because of great service and location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Esteban C

Thank you for the review 462esatebanc. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Except for a few minor items, this hotel would have received a five rating from me. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The drive entrance is a little tricky, the pillows were too hard for me and the sink was missing a stopper. Really not bad for the price though.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review Victor P. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I found hotel personnel to be very friendly and helpful, especially personnel in the breakfast area. Hotel was clean and well kept. It is obviously a pet hotel, and thankfully my room did not smell like a pet, but I do believe that rules should be enforced that a pet cannot be left unattended in a guest room. A very unhappy and lonely dog was across the hall from me and let everyone know it!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
AJ A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for the review leeannclark16! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do, as you noticed, allow pets to stay here at our hotel. We also have a different cleaning process we use for rooms that had a pet stay previously. Because of this, of course your mother would not smell like a pet!!!!!

I do apologize that you had to notice an unhappy pet in a room close to yours. Our policy does allow pets to be left alone, if they can be alone without bothering other guests or causing any damage. If reports of barking our loud noises are reported, we take immediate action to get in contact with the owners to remedy the situation ASAP! We are even able to go as far as requiring the pet to be taken with the owner if need be, or removed from the property.

Thank you again for the review. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

My husband booked at this property last minute over the weekend. Hubby had a professional commitment at TX State and I decided to tag along with our puppy. We had originally booked a different hotel in the San Marcos area and when we walked in into the original hotel it was a very bad experience. So, I searched online and found this property and promptly booked so we could leave the other hotel. I was excited to find out there were no pet fees. The La Quinta staff went out of their way to arrange a room for us earlier than scheduled check-in and from the moment I arrived it was the best experience. I travel often for my job and I can say this property stands up to any high-end property I have stayed at on my travels. Breakfast was great, room was remodeled and super comfortable. Location is good and they truly are pet friendly. I will be coming back. Thank you!

Room Tip: They have an area at the end of the left wing where you can let your puppy out. Very convenient.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasmineseliga

Thank you for the kind words, and excellent review jasmineseliga! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will definitely pass on your praise to our staff. We work hard to make sure every stay is excellent, and we look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Thank you again and we will see ya'll next time!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This was my second stay with my significant other at this hotel.
Why? One word, Wurstfest.

I found myself wanting to give this hotel another shot. Considering that the last time I stayed was not a very fulfilled one. Once again, the hotel staff remains very uncaring and unmotivated. There was one employee that made our stay a little better, but it's useless because I do not remember the name of the gentleman.

We had to switch rooms because of a horrible stench that would come from the toilet every time it was flushed. It was no doubt the smell of sewage. After switching rooms we came to find out that the smell was inescapable.

Another issue that I had was with one particular employee, Garrett.
Before leaving the hotel I stopped by the front desk to ask if house keeping was still available. After saying yes I then asked if he could please let them know to clean our room because we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up. He agreed.
After coming home later that night I opened my room only to find out that the cleaning service was not done.

I was extremely aggravated as I personally explained this to him downstairs prior.
Calling the front desk was completely useless as this employee really couldn't care any less, not apologizing once.
The shower drain was clogged as well, but it wasn't surprising.

The mattress was very comfortable, however. I would say that this was probably the best part of my stay.

All in all, I will say that I will gladly be staying at a different hotel come Wurstfest again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cassie F
AJ A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you for the review cassiefayetatro! I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I did try to do some research as to what happened during your stay, but was only able to see our notes that you had a "do not disturb" sign on your door every time we attempted to service your room (multiple times during the day). Please be sure to remove this sign once you step out of your room. Even though you mentioned that you would like service, the sign will stop our staff as we do not want to enter and bother you. With your review coming 2 months after your stay, many rooms have been inspected and maintained since. Please be sure to write reviews as soon as possible. This helps us address any issues that might have arisen then and there, while it is still recent. I do believe you may have waited too long and confused your most recent stay with your previous, as you mentioned then the clogged drains as well.

I am sad to hear that you will not be staying with us again, but I do wish you luck when staying in New Braunfels in the future!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We stayed here last night after delivering some shelter dogs from Houston to Round Rock. Check in was swift and accurate, room was clean and ready and on the floor I had requested in reservation. In the morning we had the hot breakfast...sort of the normal LaQuinta eggs and sausage...but that suits us. The young lady who kept up the dining area was very friendly and had everything in place. Checkout was fast and no issues.

So my only negative comment is something LaQuinta can not control. I did not deduct an points on my rating as the hotel can not control this issue. The hotel is located at the intersection of I35 and 46. And those are busy roads from 5:30 am to 9 pm or so. Therefore, you will hear trucks and motorcycles and loud cars, etc. If you are a light sleeper, you may wish to bring earplugs. Don't get me wrong...it is not terribly loud, but it is not a place in the country.

If this location is of value to you, then by all means the hotel was fine. And they allow pets and were very welcoming to them. If you do not need close access to this intersection or a pet friendly hotel, I would most likely find a location set further back from either highway.

One other item: it can be hard to exit the location if you are heading south on the Interstate or east on 46. So when you exit on the I-35 feeder road (Shell station on corner) head just past the Home Depot...turn right...go to Freiheit, turn right...now you have a stoplight to get on to 46 in either direction.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Hudson0527
AJ A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Thank you for the review Hudson0527! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us (aside from our 'awesome' location off the highway!) You are correct, unfortunately, and the hotel's entrance/location is something that is out of our control. We have tried to get our entrances changed and added, but we were unable to get approval through the city. We are still trying to get something figured out though.

We look forward to seeing you next time!