Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sunny S
San Antonio, Texas

A Diamond in the Rough

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 20, 2022
Though the outside is a little old fashion the inside has been updated quite nicely. New lamps with extra outlets and usb ports. No carpet which we love as less allergies for my husband and children. The pool was nice and clean and 12 ft deep. My entire family loved it after a day on the river. The staff was very helpful in the many places they suggested we could eat as a family. Check in was easy and fast. Thank you to the staff for the daily service and we can't wait to come back next year.
Date of stay: August 2022
Room Tip: Family Size rooms 3 beds
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$123
    C$121
2.7 km from Garden Inn & Suites New Braunfels
View more hotels in New Braunfels
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2022

My husband and I had the worst experience at a hotel here. That is not an exaggeration. I booked this hotel for one night through Booking.com. We had specified that we were arriving around 1am. While trying to check in, a man who I assume was the owner, wanted to charge my card again after I showed him a receipt that I had already paid. I calmly asked him to please explain why he needed to double charge me. He got frustrated and told us to call Booking.com and figure it out then walked away from the window and wouldn’t let us check in. After trying to figure out how to get a refund through Booking.com (don’t bother, their customer service is abysmal ) I started to get weird phone calls from the owner the following day trying to get me to admit over the phone that I had filled out an info card so that meant that I checked in. Long story long, this man ended up stealing my money and Booking.com could do nothing about it. I can’t tell you how the room looked because I was never checked in. I highly advise everyone to NOT stay here.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2021

Rooms not represented well, this hotel does not honor cancellation once you arrive and realize the low quality of hotel. Their name closely resembles Hilton Garden Inn and will not honor your guest experience. When a customer arrives and does not want to stay at hotel and wishes to cancel a reputable hotel would honor that request. Only a shady, run down less than reputable entity would just pocket your money and wish you a farewell. Besides the terrible service one should not stay here because the parking is inadequate. If you want your nice vehicle such as ours 2020 model vehicle receiving dings and scratches from all low ended cars coming and going cramming up the entire parking - THEN STAY HERE. Otherwise, choose a more reputable hotel stay.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Iatournament
Reviewed December 10, 2018

While it's not a 5 star hotel, this little unassuming motel reminded me of the days of traveling along the old highways, before the Interstates, when life was simpler. Inexpensive and comfortable. Friendly staff, clean rooms, no bedbugs and secure. If you are traveling to San Antonio or points south and need a break, this is the place to stop. Highly recommended. Average $42.00 per night.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2015

This is ol' fashion MOTEL, drive up to your room. The pool is, also, the Beach House and is 13 ft. deep....No Diving though. There is Patio Hut for grilling and outdoor dining...do it yourself, just like at the beach...pits provided. Rooms are humble with micro and fridges, wifi provided, guest laundry on site. You have to drive in, no reservations taken and coffee/juice in the morning.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

I tried to find something as a title to override the disrepair and filth at this place. The front desk service was OK. Not the old hair ball on the carpet that was probably the same age. Sheets had some hair that was not mine. The pillows needed to be thrown out in 1970. One lamp was just missing a bulb. The bathroom floor was broken tile that tilted when you walked on it exposing the sharp edges. The towels were probably as old as the pillows, but at least appeared to have been washed.

Overall, too many other places to stay close by and there is no savings here.

Date of stay: April 2015