All reviews water park master blaster riverbend cabins wasser haus original park schlitterstein lofts early access original section park closes full kitchen general public tree haus off season after hours comal river heated pool swim up bar
Reviewed July 20, 2011

First impression as i walk in was dirty. Floors not swept & mopped, air conditioner closet would not close (lock broke) which was very dirty. I was uncomfortable the entire stay. This is a good location but needs updating and better cleaning crew

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank comadrecarreon
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here July 5 and 6 (Tuesday and Wednesday) and would recommend "The Resort" for the following reasons:

1) Their "unlimited stay and play" package. Instead of purchasing a two-day pass, as Resort guests we could use the park from the time we checked in Tuesday (1 p.m.) 'til the waterpark closed on Wednesday for $25/person.

2) Early entry at the newest section: Blastenhoff. Resort guests can enter this portion of the park at 9 a.m. We got there around 8:20, parked, and were the first in line to enter. My son and I were actually the first ones down the MasterBlaster.

3) Quick exchange of wristbands. Before heading to the newest part for the 9 a.m. opening, we exchanged out our wristbands at the front desk. This undoubtedly allowed us to be first in line.

4) Cordial, kind, and helpful employees. The only grumpy/unhelpful person in the front desk area we encountered was the girl behind the season pass counter.

5) Early check-out rebate. If you can organize yourselves to check out of the room by 9:30 (I think), they will refund you $15. A no-brainer for us, as we were up and ready to play all day. This rebate makes the room price more reasonable. We didn't want our morning interrupted by having to go back to the room to check out. There are changing areas all over the park.

6) Just don't expect a "resort". It's more like national park lodging ~ two beds, TV, mini-fridge, microwave, chair, and bathroom. Neutrogena products are provided. No noisy neighbors where we were ~ just intermittent train whistles!

The proximity of this hotel, along with the points outlined above, make this a positive option for your visit.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank DesertDweller32
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have been here. It is the BEST value for fun at the waterpark. The rooms are clean. They are older but VERY clean. I don't worry about the beds or floors. The service is awesome! Initially it seemed a bit pricey but once you factor it all in it's a GREAT place to go to enjoy the park!

1  Thank BCTransportation
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The price may seem steep, but if you're visiting Schlitterbahn as your destination, the only way to go is to stay on property instead of one of the hotels closer to highway. It's the only place I'll stay when I visit. The house we rented was very well furnished, including some newer appliances, though some of the furniture and bedding was older, as to be expected at such resorts where the emphasis is more on what's outside of the room! The front desk staff was efficient and friendly, the reservations staff was incredibly helpful and the house was exceptionally clean. The best part, of course, is waking up inside the confines of the world's greatest and most unique waterpark, which should be experienced by all, even those who are not generally fans of the water.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill L
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I consider myself a prissy traveler for the most part but this trip was all about getting to Schlitterbahn. For two years in a row, we would drive up from San Antonio only to find the parking lots completely full :( Very sad. I was a little worried about some of the negative reviews but decided to chance it. Bottom line: If you are used to five star hotels you aren't going to get it here. I'm not sure you can find that in NB easily but the reason to stay here is if you want quick access to the park.

The good: Literally across the street from the park. We walked there and back.
Small and thus not full of screaming children
They have minimum age requirements so you're not surrounded by drunken college kids. Awesome
Had parking.
Units have small kithchenettes with microwave/fridge/small stove top and some dishes
Decent cable selection - a good thing since everything shuts down early here

The bad(annoying?)
Parking is assigned -but not obvious
On the checkout details it says you have to empty your own trash - I thought this was a little odd -but ok - whatevs
We had to dodge wasps on the way to our room - my husband got stung by one. The staff tried to kill them off but more showed up the next day

Room tip: Stay on the first floor? Wasp free?
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple