Reasons we booked this room:
Ability to cancel and receive refund
Convenience of room/resort location
On site laundry facility
Great "stay and play" ticket prices
Reasons we wished we hadn't booked this room:
Dirty floors (black feet)
Water outage for over 1 hour
Trains, trains, trains...
Training lifeguards using resort pool
Resort at Bahn (room 326).
Prices of the rooms near the train should not be the same prices as other rooms. There should be "train perks" for these guests. If employees were made to sleep 2 nights in these rooms they would be more understanding. From 9pm to 7am random trains blew their horns. Our last night 3 blew their horn from 5:00am to 6:30am. We have never been so sleep deprived from a vacation.
We have never stayed in a room where we had lessons from the maintenance man on how to go outside to the A/C unit and fix the tripped braker. The fan in the indoor closet stayed on, but our outdoor A/C tripped off 3 times during our stay.
Even with the "stay and play" ticket prices and convenience of room to park location,$259 per night was not worth it.
If you decide to book this resort I would recommend:
*paper goods (no dishwasher in our room)
*Ask for extra towels because they do not freshen up rooms until after 4pm when they are finished with the guest rooms that are scheduled to arrive for that day
*$1 to wash, $1 to dry at onsite laundry facility
*ear plugs and/or sleeping pills
*extra socks so your feet stay clean
*pack swim shoes or purchase for $12 at resort or souvenir shop
*pack plenty of sunscreen, don't forget to reapply ;)
*get new wrist bands by 8am at resort office so you do wait in line when you arrive at park each day
*if you are taking advantage of playing 1 hour early at Blastenhoff we found it easier to drive and park instead of waiting for buses to take you
*if you are able to arrive by 8:30am at Blastenhoff do not waste your money on a cabana we had no problem finding a table and chairs in the shade (remember to put your towels in your chairs if you don't want to lose them)
*$9 locker for your valuables with a $2 credit (or souvenir cup) with return of key
When we decide to visit the park again we will not stay onsite unless we are away from the train tracks (book well in advance for these).
With the exception of our room, we had a wonderful time playing at Schlitterbahn and look forward to the new rides they are planning to open any time now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into family fun at the Resort at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. The Resort at Schlitterbahn intermingles the world's greatest waterpark with 220 onsite accommodations. Many rooms are so close to the action you can actually step out your door and into one of our rides. For a real family-style getaway, try one of our fully equipped vacation homes located near the waterpark. You'll find everything you need for family reunions, corporate retreats, weddings or other special gatherings - from comfy sitting areas and multiple beds to full kitchens and laundry rooms. Accommodations range from standard hotel rooms with two beds to cottages, suites and townhomes. Many units have full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Resort at Schlitterbahn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlitterbahn Resort At New Braunfels Hotel New Braunfels
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Hotel
- Hotel Schlitterbahn Waterpark