“DO NOT STAY HERE!!”

Antoinette's Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Antoinette's Cottage
Ranked #12 of 12 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We booked Valentine's weekend and contacted the Owner when we arrived in town regarding parking. We never heard from the Owner. We knocked on the cottage door, rang the door bell, and called the Owner's phone twice and never received an answer. We found it very odd for an owner not to be home or answer their phone. We walked down to a restaurant for an early dinner when the Owner called demanding we return to the cottage to checkin immediately because she haven't ate all day! Owner was aggressive, rude and very unprofessional.

With this strange behavior, we informed the Owner that we declined to stay at the B&B and she said, "whatever y'all want to do." Another strange response from an Owner of a B&B. Immediately, we were overcharged for the room (that we didn't stay in). We were willing to take a financial hit to keep from experiencing this Owner, but not be overcharged! Not to mention, we noticed the hot tub with dead weeds sticking out of it.

Big problem is the Owner. Can't really say what the B&B itself is like inside.

Room Tip: Didn't experience the rooms so can't really say.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 939carltonj

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I made reservations in March for a stay in October, and they double booked. Then they would not even help us find a room. They were too busy. Then she hung up and would not return my calls. Completely unacceptable.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason E
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Antoinette's Cottage could be an awesome place to stay. Could be!Great location, walking distance to shopping, dining, and music but there is a lot to be desired. With the right owner, some remodeling, and pride in ownership this cottage would be outstanding.I gave it a three simply because of the location. There is no kitchen available to the guests. I have never stayed in a BB where the kitchen was off limits and guest had no access to snacks, coffee, or the like. Breakfast was served on paper plates outside in the heat on a lopsided table with rickety chairs. The website shows blue and white bone china. Really! We were told breakfast would be served at 9:00 am but did not eat until after 10:30 one morning. And to top it off, the owner just plopped herself down to join us without an invite from us! We were served coffee in paper cups while she drank hers from a real mug. So unprofessional for the owner to sit with her guests (in a dirty shirt) and complain about her personal problems. We are on vacation and were not there to listen to her woes of running a business, disliking past guest, and talking about her hired help. Aside from these annoyances, there seems to be structural issues. I realize this is a very old home and was expecting that sort of surroundings but the shower door would not close, electrical outlets had no covers, and one of the light fixtures showed charring from over heating. There was a broken mirror, crumbling wall paper, drawers filled with all kind of left over items. With the price of this BB, I certainly expected more. So disappointing. I could continue, but I believe I made my point. GO SOME WHERE ELSE TO STAY!!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank texasroadrunner5000
Reviewed 16 June 2015

My best friend, her mother, and I visited Gruene and stayed at Antoinette's Cottage. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but it turned out to be a perfect place to stay.
The house was charming and quaint, the bedroom a mix of antiques and shabby chic with the most comfortable beds! The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was delicious. The front porch faces the main street, and is tastefully decorated with wicker furniture and a new porch swing. '
Overall, we loved our stay and would definitely return.
Thanks so much,
Steffenie, Lola, and Madge

Room Tip: We stayed in Ernst room, and it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2015

This was by far the worst B&B I've ever been to. Beds comfy but the ceiling fan flopped and banged loudly and looked as if it would fall. Bright light beaming in your room so don't expect to sleep in. No locks on room doors! Misc junk inside dresser drawers. Dogs in the guest area when she's in there. Ate breakfast on paper plates consisting of toaster waffles and a dried up microwave sausage,OJ, and coffee. No functional hot tub. Front porch in disarray. Owner constantly talking about her personal problems and previous guests who gave her bad reviews. Dogs ate our leftovers in the dining area with the guests. For $230 I expected way more than this. All other B&B's in area way exceed this one so keep looking before you come here. This is a few steps from the nightlife and that was convenient and her landscape is pretty.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank kalamazootx
Reviewed 27 March 2015

My husband and I just left there and found a
Hotel. We paid $440.00 for two nights. Soon as we arrived Cheryl spoke of all the other visitors that had stayed and how they broke this and that and how much she charged them for extra cleaning and etc. The dog
was barking and Cheryl was in the hall bad mouthing the people that stayed there. We left after not even ten minutes and told her to keep the money. One main thing was our
bedroom wouldn't lock????? Cheryl you are very unprofessional!!!!! Nobody wants
to hear your life story and all about how much your taxes are? It's a hot mess there. I can stay home for drama!!!! People go to get away and relax? You don't get it after all your bad reviews. I hate that we handed you $440.00 for nothing because we refused to argue with you. You should be shut down. What a rip off. Cheryl even bad mouthed the yard person. Also she
Controls the thermostat????????STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!
D. Jones

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Pinkk1956
Reviewed 21 November 2014

I would not recommend Antoinette's Cottage at all. We had what was considered a 2 Bedroom but the Bathroom was in the second room with the shower being open to the bed and the sink in the corner of the room There was no privacy, I tried to take a shower before my daughter got up and had to put towels over the door as to not shock her if she woke. There was no coffee to be served until 9:00 am and no where to sit and be comfortable to drink it if you did go find some . I wake up about 7am and asked for coffee at that time but Cheryl was not having it. she was not making coffee earlier than that!! NO going in her kitchen and making it yourself, I thought I was the Paying guest. When the coffee did come around it was not drinkable My biggest complaint was the owner. She talked continuously and knocked on the door when you closed it so she could talk to you some more. I don't mind friendly conversation but she rambled on and on about things that were not desirable to listen to. Such as a previous tenant who wet in the bed my daughter was to sleep in. Oh yummy, Just where I want her to sleep and all for $250 a night. If we arrived past 7:00 pm we had to pay a late fee. So we left Port Aransas early Friday got to The cottage early enough for the owner, then turned around and drove back to San Antonio to pick our daughter up at the airport. . But locking the front door was something that had to be done. There was a crazy pad lock that you were instructed to use. We walked into our room for one minute to grab something, which was two feet from the front door and did not lock the front door, we were immediately reprimanded. We were leaving that same instance and it was the middle of the day. But there were no locks on the guests rooms. So I guess everything in my room was free reign. It rained all weekend but we stayed out in the cold and rain rather than stay at the cottage and listen to her. Even if you snuck in she would tap on your door and start talking to you. When I brought up that no one wants to go and listen to the towns drug problem and people wetting beds she said I was the type of person, no matter what she did could not be pleased. I found that to be very unprofessional. If you want the big bucks you need to play the part. The town is great but try to find some where other than Antoinette's!!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family