“Good Hotel at a Great Price”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Toledo, OH
“Good Hotel at a Great Price”
Reviewed 10 December 2008

We just stopped in when we saw the "Now Open" sign, which was mentioned in a review several months ago. We stayed there for $59 so I guess their business has died down quite a bit from the summer. Room was nice and appeared to be new or recently remodeled. Breakfast was great, especially the Texas-shaped waffles. New Braunsfels was kind of disappointing so we found ourselves heading over to the town of Gruene every day.

• Liked — the rate
  • Disliked — the town of New Braunfels
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I just finished up a two night stay at the new EconoLodge. I was using reward points, so that's what originally drew me to the property. Overall for New Braunfels, it was a pretty good hotel. This area is known for its natural water recreation and attracts a lot of college students and families. Room rates can get hugely expensive even at the most mediocre of places. Folks can get pretty loud at any property. They're just trying to have a good time.

The hotel is fairly new, having opened up earlier in 2008. Everything was pretty basic. They had a wide-screen TV, but it was only standard definition, but there were lots of cable tv channels. Wireless internet worked great. The room was in pretty good shape, but we did note that there was no alarm clock. The room refrigerator worked great and was a good size to handle all of our upcoming tube trip drinks and snacks. Breakfast included bananas, cereal, orange juice, toast and self-made Texas shaped waffles. Once again, it was pretty basic, but did the job okay. I think the hotel had a pretty good location, being almost directly behind Oma's. The halls did get pretty rowdy at night, so I'd recommend a set of earplugs.

The pool was a little too small. The only quirk that we noticed was that the toilets on the first floor were really in the wrong place. We suspect it was a mistake from construction. Everything worked well, it just looked a little strange.

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 4 July 2008

After getting a "so called a/c cabin" on the river that turned out to be a sweat box....my friends and I decided to look for a hotel....we were tired and sunburned...the first ne we found was econolodge. It was reasonably priced, and was a much better deal than what we had paid the night before, so we took it......thinking it would just be your average hotel....thw man at the front desk was extremely nice...and the room was WONDERFUL!!!! The bathroom was amazing and extremely spacious!! tons of rooms in the room as well...which woked perfect for me and my friends. i definately recomend this hotel...extremely comfortable!!

• Liked — spacious and nice
  • Disliked — the breakfast...it was good.....just wish there was more to choose from
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2008

My boyfriend and I drove out to New Braunfels from Houston. After floating the Guadalupe, we were tired and sunburned. So we decided to find a hotel around that area. We were headed toward the La Quinta when we saw the Econolodge with their "Now Open" sign and decided that a brand new building seemed like a safe bet. The guy at the front desk was friendly enough. We booked a room with a king bed and were told that our room would be ready in 30 mins. I thought it kind of odd that housekeeping still had not finished their work by 4:30pm. I was hoping to take a shower before we went out to eat. We returned 30 mins later and our room was ready. The room was rather nice, with a wide screen tv, mini-fridge and microwave, and granite counters and shower. However, there were a few things about the place that made me wonder why I had paid $150 for a single night. First, not everything had been thoroughly wiped or changed out because we kept finding other people's hair on our bathroom counter and inside of our towels. Secondly, they weren't very accommodating with their toiletries, as we were only given a single,small bar of soap and bottle of shampoo. Also, our bed did not have a fitted sheet! We merely had two flat sheets spread across the bed. I was disgusted at the thought of the sheet pulling up and exposing the bare mattress to my face in the middle of the night. Furthermore, get some better wall insulation/sound proofing, especially when you know that younger college kids will be staying there. They kept us up half of the night walking up and down the hallways, getting drunk, and stating that things were "like, awesome" very loudly. The next morning, my boyfriend went to check out the complimentary breakfast and was told that it had ended at 9. Freakin' nine in the morning! Check out wasn't until 11. We figured we could at least get a cup of coffee at 9:30 in the morning. Overall, it just wasn't worth the money. If I had paid $80-100 a night for this, I would have been just fine. But, for $150, you could at least let me know when breakfast ends. Also, don't expect to spend any time in their pool. Its only 3 ft deep and the size of a small closet. While we were there, it was constantly crowded with at least a dozen frat kids. And there seemed to be a small redneck tailgate party at around sunset. It was just weird. I will not stay here again.

• Liked — mini fridge and microwave, granite in bathrooms, new building
  • Disliked — finding hair, listening to frat kids, no fitted sheet
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank m0schmoe
taylen1, front desk at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 6 September 2008
I am sorry your stay was not enjoyable. To comment on a few things that you said, we have gotten the most complements on the cleaness of are rooms. I am not sure what may have happened during your stay, but the head houskeeper is excellent. As for the noise, it was the middle of summer and we are in a turist town.Due to having two rivers and Schlitterbahn the need for a large pool is not needed. Most of our guest do not come for the pool. Also, during a guests stay he or she is welcomed to request more toliettrie items from the front desk. There is a standard amount that is put in all the rooms, that does not mean you are being limited.

We hope that you would give our hotel another try and I appologize for your inconvience.

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels