“Regulars here”

Woody Guthrie Folk Music Center
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We love the Center. I met my husband there in 2010. We married in 2015! So, you never know who you'll meet when you come! It's every Friday night from 6:30-9:30 ish!! Also, very relaxed and you can listen or play! Any instrument is welcome or art form, such as poetry! You can be any level of player! No judgement!! In October the first weekend, a special weekend of events serves to remember Woody's contribution to folk music. In December, there is Christmas open House with refreshments and carols!

Michael S, General Manager at Woody Guthrie Folk Music Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Well I certainly know who that is! We love and miss y'all, hope you are enjoying Florida!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I live in nearby in Amarillo Texas and have become a regular at the jam sessions and the center when I can come to town. It is a gem, packed with articles, pictures, and memorabilia to purchase. There are several people you can contact if you happen to be passing through town. I am learning to play guitar, due to Woody's influence. I have read many books and met several familiy members. If you just like to play music, come on in! Friday night jam sessions are open at 6:30 PM and to until everyone goes home!! Musicians are open and encouraging and welcome any kind of music you want to play. An audience is eagerly received also. If you don't play, you can visit or read everything there is about Woody, his family and friends. This is where he got his musical start in 1929 after moving to Pampa to work with his Dad. There is a yearly Woody celebration to remember his life and a concert. It normally takes place the first weekend in October. If you would like to visit, please contact Mike Sinks at 806-664-0824, Reed Echols at 806-669-9572, Ken Wilson at 806-206-2860. The number listed below is the number to the center itself. You are welcome to leave a voice mail message if no one answers.They would love to meet you!

2  Thank Irish4love

Thanks for putting all that info out there. All I could add is that we are open 10am - 5pm Tues- Fri but I can be reached outside those hours at 806 664 0824.